No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike is holding the youth back. You continually blame Holland and never acknowledge Babcock's choices.

Comment

• lol. You're a tool. Out of everything I said that's all you take from it?

Holland hasn't done anything to upgrade this roster via trade of FA. He's been horrid in restocking talent with players outside of the organization and hands out stupid multiyear deals to players that should only be a training camp invitee. Inside of the organization via draft picks is another story entirely. Babcock has admitted to going with the vet as opposed to the youth (if it was a close call). I specifically said that in the earlier post.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So... then what was the excuse for playing Bertuzzi while holding Nyquist down in GR?

Because... uh... that one wasn't close.

Comment

• Always considered myself a pretty big hockey fan but I literally just said "who?" during the Wings introductions.

When did Mike Vernon leave anyway?
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• So far:

Stripes are in mid-season form and missing the most blatant cheap shots while catching the most benign ticky-tack stuff. Just change it to the call your own fouls like we did on the pond and let it police itself.

The kids are fun to watch but it is clear the old days of sprawling out in the lazyboy with full confidence that the game is in hand...are in the rear view mirror (and they are NOT closer than they appear).

I hate Bettman. I don't even have a reason yet this year. Hate him nonetheless.

When the Wings take another step towards legitimacy in the East, this Boston/Detroit thing is going to be fun. Maybe not Colorado/Detroit fun, but there are sparks, just need time to soak with fuel.
            Last edited by Trickalicious; October 9, 2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• 2-1 Wings after 2.

BTW Trick, astute observations above. You are obviously brilliant and we all know what they say about a man with a big brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                2-1 Wings after 2.

BTW Trick, astute observations above. You are obviously brilliant and we all know what they say about a man with a big brain.
                Thanks. Want to go out some time? I have a magic bullet blender thing for making smoothies.

Comment

• No, hard pass.

Go Wings!

Comment

• They're back!

Comment

• LOL, Trick!

JayAddam, heard earlier this week that Babcock and Holland were at odds over the final cuts and when asked why a certain move was made, Babcock said "ask the other guy".

Sorry just caught part of it on the Telly and am not sure who they were referring to.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        LOL, Trick!

JayAddam, heard earlier this week that Babcock and Holland were at odds over the final cuts and when asked why a certain move was made, Babcock said "ask the other guy".

Sorry just caught part of it on the Telly and am not sure who they were referring to.

Most likely Xavier Ouellet.

Comment

• On one hand, I'm glad Holland has decided to start taking some of that decision making out of Babcock's hands, because we've already seen the sort of decisions he'll make.

On the other, Holland's the guy who famously said, "It's a man's league" while trying to justify the terrible roster decisions made at the start of last season, so I'm dubious how much better he will be when it comes to infusing an aging roster with talent that's been waiting for about two years too long in the minors.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; October 10, 2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                            Most likely Xavier Ouellet.
                            Yes, Oullet was the subject. Also, I realize this isn't a breaking news report, but Nyquist is special. Give him money and lots of it. Then, I said that about Franzen once too.

The good Franzen showed up last night. I am not sure if I was glad to see it or pissed that it is likely a fleeting glimpse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                              Yes, Oullet was the subject. Also, I realize this isn't a breaking news report, but Nyquist is special. Give him money and lots of it. Then, I said that about Franzen once too.

The good Franzen showed up last night. I am not sure if I was glad to see it or pissed that it is likely a fleeting glimpse.
                              Franzen was one of the best disruptive power forwards for a very long time.

The only reason his contract is an issue now is because the NHL implemented a salary cap... a cap explicitly intended to punish teams that made massively long term back loaded contracts like what the Wings did with Franzen.

The difference is that other teams used the exceptions they were granted to back out of those horrifically cap unfriendly contracts. The Wings... well... didn't.

Comment

• Here come the 2014 ducks...
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X