No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....and just like that, fresh blood draws blood.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Typical game between these 2
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Top shelf

Game ANA

On to BUF
        Last edited by Panoptes; October 11, 2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• I prefer that call not being made there but holy mother of stripes, that whistle has blown in that situation eleventy kajillion times before.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• And there's the officials commentary. Almost on cue.

GETZLAF was interfered with first, no call. The wing toe picked himself to the ground there. Getz barely touched his stick.

Like they say, if they didn't call anything, it wasn't anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              Typical game between these 2
              Yup. I am guessing the Wings are already looking at the calendar for the date to return the favor.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                And there's the officials commentary. Almost on cue.

GETZLAF was interfered with first, no call. The wing toe picked himself to the ground there. Getz barely touched his stick.

Like they say, if they didn't call anything, it wasn't anything.
                Not sure if this is a benign statement of fact like my post was or if it was intended to be more of a "Jesus, stop blaming officials for a loss" kind of deal.

If it was the latter, couple things. I said I agree with a no call there but have seen that called probably more often than not in recent years. Stick up by the hands, going towards the boards, from behind, and the puck is turned over with the original puck handler going to the ice (for whatever reason). Add the situation of seconds left in a tie game and refs seem to blow that whistle there like an Enron former employee on a witness stand.

Also if the latter is true, don't bitch about someone bitching about a call and then bitch about a call. That's like a triple bitch and should only be practiced in a dire emergency. Save that antagonistic triple bitching tactic for the Lions stuff and for extra effect, use it on posters that were actually bitching to begin with.

If your comment was the former, nevermind all of the above and just go pound off some knuckle babies to your Getzlaf trapper keeper.
                Last edited by Trickalicious; October 12, 2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Well, in the spirit of fairness to Gonz here, Red Wings fans DO have a reputation of being exceptionally whiny about NHL officiating... and I wouldn't say it's wholly undeserved.

That said, it's very easy to find irregularities with how NHL officiating crews call their games... mostly because the game is so fast seeing the whole picture playing out in real time and making the consistent call is damn near impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Well, in the spirit of fairness to Gonz here, Red Wings fans DO have a reputation of being exceptionally whiny about NHL officiating... and I wouldn't say it's wholly undeserved.

That said, it's very easy to find irregularities with how NHL officiating crews call their games... mostly because the game is so fast seeing the whole picture playing out in real time and making the consistent call is damn near impossible.
                      Show me an NHL hockey fan base that doesn't notice the calls/non-calls that hurt their team more than the calls/non-calls that help their team, and I will agree.

Of course calls are missed nearly every minute during hockey. It just may be the toughest sport to officiate. So, that adds even more of a human factor and more room for error. In fact, what it does, is it makes officials more impactful in game situations because they are human and apt to make calls based on the situation (i.e. if a team has a 5 on 3, guess who the next penalty will be called on).

So ALLLLLLLLL I was saying, because of that, one typically sees that very last game winning play whistled because of the situation. Did it rub me the wrong way while watching it? Sure. I wanted it to go to OT. Would I expect Getzlaf to call that foul on himself on the pond? Nope, and I wouldn't expect a Wing to either.

Comment

• I know he said he wasn't trying to complain about the refs and said he'd swallow the whistle himself as well but chemiclord understood where I was coming from . Based on historical facts.

It's like clock work, along with any MI football game that doesn't go the team's way.

In baseball its the managers fault and in basketball its the gm's fault.
                        Last edited by Panoptes; October 12, 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• I guess he should have just watched the play, and then gone camping..........................
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• is tonights game on a basic cable station. don't see it on FS nbc cnbc or msnbc

Comment

• Originally posted by wingdog View Post
                              is tonights game on a basic cable station. don't see it on FS nbc cnbc or msnbc
                              NBCSP - channel 206 on Xfinity

<edit> or maybe it is NBCSN, anyway, NBC Sports
                              Last edited by Trickalicious; October 15, 2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Tatar ties it 1-1 @ 11:20 in the 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X