• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
    Think he meant Helm.
    Ya, I did, thanks Top.

........and Quack quack indeed!

Mrazek back on the ice today.

We shall see how that works out.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
      Think he meant Helm.
      I actually thought he meant Franzen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Ya, I did, thanks Top.

........and Quack quack indeed!

Mrazek back on the ice today.

We shall see how that works out.
        Was hoping they would rest him a bit and be careful. Especially since Howard is playing well again.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
          I actually thought he meant Franzen.
          Well Hudler was really known for being a really fast skater. Something that Helm was is also known for, so it made more sense in his convo that it would be Helm over Franzen.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• While Franzen played somewhat soft for a big man this team misses him. He picked up Homer's position being parked in front of the net and could score in bunches.

I hope Mantha continues to progress
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
              Was hoping they would rest him a bit and be careful. Especially since Howard is playing well again.
              Agreed! Scratching my head about this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Agreed! Scratching my head about this decision.
                Yeah why not get PM some needed rest and ride Howard for a bit. If he does well it won't matter to the Wings, its Petr's time now. But it could actually make Howard more tradeable. If he slips for more than a game or two throw Petr back in.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• OK.

Mrazek starts again and it only takes 21 seconds to get scored on.

Then hits the showers after 7 minutes and another weak goal.

.......hmmmmmm. How is that groin pull working out?
                  Last edited by Malto Marko; March 6, 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• The power play is going to shorten my life. They totally outplayed Chicago in the 2nd. They shouldn't have lost this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      The power play is going to shorten my life. They totally outplayed Chicago in the 2nd. They shouldn't have lost this game.
                      Biggest difference in the game was the power play.

Detroit played well. Even with the Kane goal early. Just nothing positive about the power play.

I think Chicago even had some shots on it.

Wasn't Green supposed to come in from Washington and QB the power play? They are rolling without him.
                      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post

Wasn't Green supposed to come in from Washington and QB the power play? They are rolling without him.
                        Definitely fooled me. I thought he was going to ab our power play and get us going offensively. Not sure what's up there
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This team was decent on the power play last year, weren't they? I thought I heard Jon Niyo saying they were something like 2nd in the league? What happened? I'm sorry but someone has to start questioning Jeff Blashill. How many times do they skate into the offensive zone and just give the puck up? What happened to the puck possession? Sean Baligian was calling them a grind it out team the other night. Should they be playing that style with the amount of skill on this team? Shouldn't you play to your strengths?

I know people want to attack Jimmy Howard but he's been decent in recent games. If the offense doesn't score, your goalie can't win. Two of tonight's goals came in the closing minutes when they pulled Howard out. That won't get it done. If they make the playoffs, it will be another 1st round exit.

Why were they so high on Blashill? He hasn't been very impressive with Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            This team was decent on the power play last year, weren't they? I thought I heard Jon Niyo saying they were something like 2nd in the league? What happened? I'm sorry but someone has to start questioning Jeff Blashill. How many times do they skate into the offensive zone and just give the puck up? What happened to the puck possession? Sean Baligian was calling them a grind it out team the other night. Should they be playing that style with the amount of skill on this team? Shouldn't you play to your strengths?

I know people want to attack Jimmy Howard but he's been decent in recent games. If the offense doesn't score, your goalie can't win. Two of tonight's goals came in the closing minutes when they pulled Howard out. That won't get it done. If they make the playoffs, it will be another 1st round exit.

Why were they so high on Blashill? He hasn't been very impressive with Detroit.
                            Blashill is getting pretty much exactly what Babcock was getting out of this team.

Maybe... just maybe... the problem isn't the coach?

The Red Wings need talent, especially on defense. But Holland continues to sit on his hands rather than risk his precious playoff streak. He's become so completely risk-averse that it is hurting the Red Wings' ability to take that next step forward.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; March 9, 2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• I don't know if the offense was this bad last year but the power play was much better last year.

Comment

• the power play is bottom of the league.

The only difference I can see is how they enter the zone. They spread four across the blue line and use the last skater to skate it in. (Usually with a drop pass)

Now they have the zone, but everyone is bunched up high, and with zero speed.

From here they have trouble getting set up.

A lot of teams use this technique, but the red wings continue to struggle with it. Even giving up lots of shorthanded shots...
                                AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

Working...
                                X