Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxw3ll View Post
    the power play is bottom of the league.

The only difference I can see is how they enter the zone. They spread four across the blue line and use the last skater to skate it in. (Usually with a drop pass)

Now they have the zone, but everyone is bunched up high, and with zero speed.

From here they have trouble getting set up.

A lot of teams use this technique, but the red wings continue to struggle with it. Even giving up lots of shorthanded shots...
    Power play should be dump into the corner or carry it in.

I agree with your objection.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Getting shutout at home is not a good way to lock up a playoff spot.

The power play was garbage again. Why did it take so long to put Larkin on the power play? I think Blashill only started doing it in late January, and even then, it's not often. Shouldn't your top goal scorer be out there when you have a man advantage?

Comment

• GR is taking over again. Mantha has been called up for tonight's game. We need the big body to play well
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hmmmm.

Calling up a goalie from GR because, Mzaracek is "sick".

I wonder how much his "sick" has to do with his groin pull?

Oh wait. It will be reported he had the flu.

Comment

• I can't believe this is an 8th seed team. The east is a tough place to be
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Wings blow another one. Philly got a point so I believe they are tied with Detroit in the standings but have a game in hand. I believe four of the last six games are on the road. The streak may finally end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                The streak may finally end.
                Holland deserves nothing less for his nigh-cowardly team management over the last ten years. I haven't seen a guy more terrified to make a move than myself at my high school freshman dance.

Comment

• Disappointing
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I don't think the Wings make the playoffs either. I turned the game off last night. Don't think the Pistons will make the playoffs either.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      I don't think the Wings make the playoffs either. I turned the game off last night. Don't think the Pistons will make the playoffs either.
                      Going with the young guys with Veteran players injured takes a toll. But it also gives experience.

The real question is: How healthy are the Vets that know when to step it up?

Comment

• Where is Dan Cleary when you need him.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Holland deserves nothing less for his nigh-cowardly team management over the last ten years. I haven't seen a guy more terrified to make a move than myself at my high school freshman dance.
                          Shhh. Only six more seasons in a row as an 8th seed and the overall record is his.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            So Holland should have went for it and put all his eggs in one basket? Would you have been happy if the Wings sucked really hard for 4-5 years without getting that ring? while getting high draft picks because that is the way it is done in these days.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Holland has done well with drafting but his FA signing have been shit. The Howard and Ericsson contracts have really tied his hands. Those both are just a slew of shit that he's handed out.

We're not that bad off but the defense needs major retooling. We have skilled young players including the most important in Mrazek but if he doesn't somehow add a grit line and fix the D all those skilled players will be for nothing.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Nice win against the Habs tonight. They almost blew a 4 goal lead but we needed the points. Mantha got his first NHL goal in front of his family which should be a good ice breaker
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X