No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...........and the penalties keep coming.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• You tend to get penalties when you're reaching to match your opponent's physicality.

I'd say stop trying to play Tampa's game... but I'm not entirely certain what Detroit's game is at any given time.

Comment

• Our power play is HILARIOUS!!! Skate skate skate... pass pass pass... Fake like you're going to shoot only to pass.. Skate Pass.. Lose the puck and never get a shot on goal

Brilliant!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• On top of that they don't get anyone in front of Bishop who just dominates us. If this game starts getting out of hand I'd start taking runs at him. I'm sick of this pussy Red Wing team.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Its 3 am here. I'm going to bed
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• jaadam4...dude wake up, it's a tie game! (for now at least)
              "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Go back to bed hoss, 3-2 Tampa Bay.
                "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• I'm about ready to go to bed.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Were people honestly expecting different results than the ones we're seeing?

Comment

• Larkin's goal was nice but they can't rely on those kind of opportunities. The offense is anemic. They get no sustained pressure at all. After Tampa got up 2-1, it was like they were toying with the Wings. When Detroit tied it up 2-2, Tampa came right down and scored again.

Again, the power play was absolutely terrible. What is Blashill coaching? I know it's unlikely that he or Holland would lose their jobs but it will be tough to sit through another year of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        Larkin's goal was nice but they can't rely on those kind of opportunities. The offense is anemic. They get no sustained pressure at all. After Tampa got up 2-1, it was like they were toying with the Wings. When Detroit tied it up 2-2, Tampa came right down and scored again.

Again, the power play was absolutely terrible. What is Blashill coaching? I know it's unlikely that he or Holland would lose their jobs but it will be tough to sit through another year of this.
                        Have you... I dunno... considered they don't have the proper talent to run an effective power play?

Have you considered that the Wings... really aren't that good, especially on the blue line where the "QB" of the power play usually gets everything started?

Or is the problem that TWO coaches now just have forgotten how to manage a power play offense?

Yeah, you're right... it's gotta be two different coaches being the problem, not the roster that has largely remained unchanged since the problems started.

Comment

• Wasn't the power play ranked second in the league last year under Babcock? I don't think they lost anyone critical from last year's team but they added Green and Larkin. I would figure it wouldn't get much worse.

I know their defense wasn't great under Babcock but I thought the power play was effective and the offense was somewhat competent.

Comment

• Can Mrazek please start the next game
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              Wasn't the power play ranked second in the league last year under Babcock? I don't think they lost anyone critical from last year's team but they added Green and Larkin. I would figure it wouldn't get much worse.

I know their defense wasn't great under Babcock but I thought the power play was effective and the offense was somewhat competent.
                              And 18th in 2013.

And 12th in 2012.

Last year was a bit of an outlier in that regard (and for the record their power play dropped to 11th of 16 teams come playoff time). Babcock, much like Blashill, had trouble sustaining any production out of the power play ever since Lidstrom retired.

They simply don't have that "QB" for the power play that also isn't a tragic liability defensively (like Green, for example), which makes his usefulness limited.

The problem isn't the coaching. The problem is that they don't have the guns on the blue line.

Comment

• There's a lot of truth to that. Rafi and Lids covered up a lot of our defensive liabilities over the years. Kronwall has lost several steps and Ericsson just flat out sucks.

I was hoping Green would bring us back to some blue line offense but it just hasn't clicked at a higher level.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X