No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrazek is starting tonight!!! Thank goodness!!!
    I wish he was in net in Game 2 but its better late than never I guess. Brandon Smith is in as well and coach is splitting up Dats and Z

Should have done this after game 1 But why sit Quincey? It's Come to this, how pathetic... I'm wanting Kyle Quincey to be in the starting line up. Sit Fucking Ericsson, and Kronwell at this point. Bring up Mantha too, play AA sit Sheahan.

Zetterberg need to play 5 minutes, but no he's signed to 2021 so he has to play (Jesus h Christ!) Ken Holland needs to be fired ASAP after this series! But a new arena is on the way whoo hoo!

If Dombrowski can be fired so can Holland

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Should have done this after game 1 But why sit Quincey? It's Come to this, how pathetic... I'm wanting Kyle Quincey to be in the starting line up. Sit Fucking Ericsson, and Kronwell at this point. Bring up Mantha too, play AA sit Sheahan.

Zetterberg need to play 5 minutes, but no he's signed to 2021 so he has to play (Jesus h Christ!) Ken Holland needs to be fired ASAP after this series! But a new arena is on the way whoo hoo!

If Dombrowski can be fired so can Holland
      Hey! Don't be a jerk! Don't be Jeff Moss 2.1! (I'm 2.0, I think) You might hurt Ken Holland's feelings or something!

Am I doin' it rite, Froot?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Well, if you'd answer the question maybe I wouldn't keep pressing you.

Your passive-aggressive non-answers don't cut it. If I'm being a jerk for demanding a change, how long am I supposed to wait before it's acceptable to demand such a change? When will it be acceptable to say that Holland has done jack shit and is afraid to take a risk? If the last five years doesn't look like cowardly inaction to you... what the hell will?

I am all for giving him the benefit of the doubt due to the success he had for a very long time. But, can you honestly tell me over the last five or six years, that there simply wasn't ANY good risks to take AT ALL? That there wasn't ANY Russian prospect to take a flyer on in the hope of luring them away from the KHL? That there wasn't ANY plus trade that could have possibly been made for all the prospects Holland is so determined to keep in Grand Rapids?

I'm sorry if you think I'm being a jerk. But I see it as I've had enough. Ever since he struck out on Pavise and Suter, he's been sitting on his hands, and even those offers were sandwiched by a couple years of nigh entire inactivity outside of resigning Dan Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi.

What explanation can you come up with? The only one I can is that he's scared. He's scared of striking out on a big risk and missing the playoffs because of it.
        My post was it is more than Holland or Babcock or Blashill. They need an organizational change. That would more than just relieving Holland of his duties. The whole organization is patiently sitting on their hands. Just because I'm not calling Holland a coward or outright calling for his firing doesn't mean I don't see the need for a change. I am reluctant because I think Holland deserved a chance as winning 4 cups as GM afforded him that chance. But keep on doing what you.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          My post was it is more than Holland or Babcock or Blashill. They need an organizational change. That would more than just relieving Holland of his duties. The whole organization is patiently sitting on their hands. Just because I'm not calling Holland a coward or outright calling for his firing doesn't mean I don't see the need for a change. I am reluctant because I think Holland deserved a chance as winning 4 cups
          As GM afforded him that chance. But keep on doing what you.
          Hey, you're right... but it starts at the top.

Hearing Holland talk about how he won't offer on RFA's because it's against some unwritten code of honor; how he won't throw out flyers on Russian prospects because they might choose to go to the KHL instead; how the NHL is a "man's league" to explain why he resigns players like Cleary while sending Nyquist to Grand Rapids despite the latter vastly outperforming the former... what sense do you have that he's even willing to change, much less be the impetus that does so through the rest of the organization?

If you're going to get that complete organizational change you claim you want, then Holland has be sent off to pasture first. Because he's clearly not going to flush things himself. If he was the guy to do that, he'd have done it already.

At some point, past success has an expiration date. 2008 isn't exactly getting closer. I think Holland's gotten PLENTY enough slack and leeway. Now it's time to demand he shit or get off the pot. And if he won't, it's time for Wings fans to get angry and demand he be fired.

If that's being a jerk, so be it.

Comment

• Tried to be positive, truth is I don't even like this team.

Z, Dats and Kronwell much appreciated. I like Larkin, after that? Abby is an idiot, so many bad penalties, Helm [hands of stone] are likeable but not really good for shit. Can't even stand the so called future (?) Nyquest and Tatar anf the rest meh.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried to be positive, truth is I don't even like this team.

Z, Dats and Kronwell much appreciated. I like Larkin, after that? Abby is an idiot, so many bad penalties, Helm [hands of stone] are likeable but not really good for shit. Can't even stand the so called future (?) Nyquest and Tatar anf the rest meh.

I have very little opinion on the so-called future because they've been getting so little opportunity to grow into the role of taking over for the previous generation. Larkin had a good rookie season, Nyquist has shown flashes of talent if he'd have a consistent spot in the lineup, DeKeyser still has promise on defense I think (again, if he'd actually be given the responsibility instead of Ericsson and Kronwall)...

It all circles back around to Ken Holland is scared. He's scared of putting these guys in the front and potentially missing the playoffs because they're still growing into their roles. Because, honestly, that's what matters to him and the organization right now, no matter how much Froot wants to deny it. Continuing the playoff streak at any cost is top priority.

Comment

Tried to be positive, truth is I don't even like this team.

That's all pretty spot on.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Andreas Athanasius on the 4th line scores! Yeah he's only 21 years old Blashill but it counts!

Comment

• That better be a goal!!!
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Goal!

Rock and Roll part 2!! Damn it's been to long, I almost forgot! I'll take it

Comment

• Keep the pressure on boys.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Way to go Wings. Exciting game. Now I'm excited to be going to Tuesday's game. Should be fun.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• They played well tonight.

Comment

• Yes they did.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The power play is still garbage but they played well the rest of the game. You would think with a 5 on 3 and, what, seven power play attempts they could get one in. You almost have to try to be that incompetent.

But AA was good, Smith was good, Mrazek didn't have to steal the game, and they didn't take many bad penalties.

I just hope they can keep this up.

Comment

Working...
                                X