No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul has been great. It’s really picked up of late. It’s great to stream as it’s pretty slow in the first season. I’ve been watching week to week, but being able to stream is a blessing for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

This certainly has the look of the original LOTR movies. The look of smart use of practical effects over a CGI fest of The Hobbit trilogy.

Now the big question is did they get the writing and narrative right… The first two TV series I was looking forward this year disappointed.
      - Dexter New Blood. Terrible ending after a good start.
      - Kenobi. The writing is so shaky. Gaffes, plot conveniences galore, and plot holes. (Note: I’ve only watched 4 out of the 6 episodes)

Don’t f*** this up, The Rings of Power….
      IDK….they F-ed up The Wheel of Time so badly that I probably won’t watch unless someone tells me it’s awesome.

anyone watch Under the Banner of Heaven on Hulu….very very good

Comment

• Another great Saul episode. An appearance by Manny (Steven Bauer) at his pool as Don Eladio. Excited that we are now in the same timeframe as Breaking Bad with 4 episodes to go. I wonder when Walter/Jesse show up? Maybe next week?

Comment

• Uh SPOILER ALERT dude. I'm glad I didn't wait until the weekend to watch. Dang man

I agree I am looking forward too.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Just watched the first episode of The Old Man on Hulu. Nice set up episode.

Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Not much more needs to be said.

It was pretty intense. Will watch more later.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I just watched the only season of Jo on Amazon. It's a weird setup. Jean Reno stars as an old grizzled Paris detective with a murky, maybe criminal past. He is paired with a young detective. Basic case of the week setup, with a season long B plot of him reuniting with his estranged daughter that has him in a somewhat romantic relationship with a nun who is counseling the daughter. It was produced by the guy who produced Law and Order criminal intent. The weird thing about it is no attempt at french accents, almost all English speakers.

It only lasted one season and it was expected to be at least two, so the season ended on a relative cliff hanger. Jean Reno is fun, the critics hated it.

Comment

• I’m 5 episodes into The Old Man. Ya, it’s solid. It’s slowed a bit, but I think there are 7 total episodes. I believe the finale was tonight.

Comment

• “Uh SPOILER ALERT dude. I'm glad I didn't wait until the weekend to watch. Dang man

I agree I am looking forward too.”

Sorry, dude. When it’s out, it’s out.

Comment

• Oh, I'm all caught up. Looking out for our peeps here.

At some point I will binge Saul and the Breaking Bad after.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The new season of What We Do in the Shadows is on Hulu.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        The new season of What We Do in the Shadows is on Hulu.
                        I have been wondering about that show. Is it a comedic knock-off of the old Dark Shadows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I have been wondering about that show. Is it a comedic knock-off of the old Dark Shadows?
                          No. It is based off the movie of the same name. 4 Vampires and one of the vampire's familiars living together in Staten Island. It is shot as if they are filming a documentary. It's pretty ridiculous, but I find it very funny. I imagine it isn't for everyone. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Comment

• One Thing About Living In Santa Carla I Never Could Stomach...All The Damn Vampires.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Almost done re-watching “Arrested Development” seasons 1-3. Holds up as excellent.
                              Did anyone try watching the new-ish seasons 4 and 5 of Arrested Development? Wondering if it’s worth it. Probably not. Didn’t go well last time I tried watching that.

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              Oh, I'm all caught up. Looking out for our peeps here.

At some point I will binge Saul and the Breaking Bad after.
                              I’m finally watching “Better Call Saul” in recent days on Netflix. Tried and stopped watching the series back in 2015. No idea why because “Breaking Bad” is the GOAT TV series with multiple seasons IMO.

It was obviously a mistake to give up back then because Saul is really good. The writer Vince Gilligan has the magic touch when it comes to creating entertaining drama. Very easy to watch one episode on a daily basis because it hooked me.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My son and I have been binging The Sopranos this week.

Holy shit, I forgot how good that show was

Comment

Working...
                                X