Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested Development is awesome!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Does anyone watch The Orville? If you liked Star Trek, it’s similar.

Comment

• No, but it would probably be enjoyable with Seth Macfarlane.

​​​​​…

In honor of Hard Knocks being on HBO in a few days… here’s my definitive top 10 HBO series ranking. Recommend as people subscribe for Lions Hard Knocks this month:

S Tier:
        1. “True Detective” (Season 1) - It’s a masterpiece. The perfect season of TV. Can’t be beat.
        2. “Chernobyl” - Incredible mini-series showcasing a semi-realistic version of the events of Chernobyl. Drama and acting perfect.
        3. “Game of Thrones” (Seasons 1-6) - GoT at the height of its power remains one of the greatest TV experiences in my lifetime.
        A Tier:
        1. “Westworld” (Season 1) - Westworld started out with a bang. The writing was on top of its game by Christopher Nolan’s brother. Led by strong performances of Jeffrey Wright and Anthony Hopkins. Awesome twists.
        2. “My Brilliant Friend” - Italian drama coming of age series. The characters are so well written. Let’s just say a scene relating to a shoe broke my heart. That’s how well written this is. Breathtaking cinematography and music score. Warning that it’s in subtitles and a slow burn. Not for everyone.
        3. “The Leftovers” - Such an amazing and well rounded drama. The creator is the good writer from “LOST.” Just imagine The Leftovers being the quality of all of the good stuff in LOST. Max Richter music score being top notch.
        4. “Succession” - Comedy/ drama series that’s basically like modern day Game of Thrones. Family/ political drama mixed in with so many hilarious moments.
        5. “Barry” - Dark comedy starring Bill Hader. I’ve been very entertained by this series from the beginning. Definitely recommend.
        6. “The Sopranos” (Seasons 1-2) - Noting I’ve only watched the first two seasons. Still ongoing for me. Excellent drama. James Gandolfini is amazing. I feel like it hasn’t aged perfectly. Ahead of it’s time. Still love it so far. Shout-out to Paulie.
        7. “Rome” - Guilty, guilty pleasure of mine. It’s entertainment to the extreme for the two seasons it has. So sad that it was canceled, Underrated IMHO. Rome walked so that peak GoT could run.
        Honorable mentions: “Curb Your Enthusiasm”, “The Night Of”, “Euphoria”, “Silicon Valley”, “Eastbound & Down”, “Mare of Easttown”, “Vice Principals”, and “Game of Thrones” seasons 7-8.

No. I haven’t watched “The Wire” yet. It’s on my list obviously…
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’d move Rome farther up on that list…that was also a masterpiece IMO

Comment

• And my niece tried to get me to watch euphoria…I gave it an episode and a half.

The whole voyeuristic vibe made me feel like a creeper…like I was watching someone’s stolen sex tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              Does anyone watch The Orville? If you liked Star Trek, it’s similar.
              Yeah. It's funny.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Chernobyl was a really epic watch. The tension in that for how big of a shit storm they were in was portrayed perfectly

Those men of the cleanup crew deserve a special spot in heaven
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  I’d move Rome farther up on that list…that was also a masterpiece IMO
                  Yeah Rome could be higher on that list. It’s so entertaining.

Maybe Curb should be swapped with Barry too…. Both are very good comedies. Perhaps the tiebreaker should be to Curb because it has more seasons.

Euphoria is hard to explain. I like the character dynamics and it has some real highs. Can totally understand why the style can seem too over the top and dramatized. Zendaya is specifically really good in the series.
                  It gets the honorable mention for me. Nothing more. Some people would have Euphoria as one of their favorites.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah. It's funny.
                    It is but it’s deeper than a comedy. I hope they renew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

It is but it’s deeper than a comedy. I hope they renew it.
                      Me too.

It's going to be streaming I think. Unless the commercial was about the past seasons.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• There is a two season 20 episode order for Hulu

Comment

• A new season would be Season 3 I believe.

Comment

• Could be a buying opportunity coming up.

Expect even cheaper 4K TVs soon, thanks to a perfect storm for price drops

During the pandemic, everyone was buying TVs. The best TVs were flying off the shelves, as people suddenly needed a great home theater experience to stave off lockdown boredom.

But now? Well, everyone's already bought a nice new TV. They don't need another one yet, so TV sales are a bit low overall these days. The TV companies would prefer that this isn't the case, so we've seen major discounts on last year's TVs that are still on shelves, and we're seeing earlier-than-usual discounts on 2022's TVs – to try to make buying a new TV more tempting.

If fewer people are buying TVs, that means the companies don't need to make as many, which is why Samsung has reportedly reduced its orders of screens. If the manufacturers made too many, then they have spare screens, with no inherent value. So to get rid of these screens, they drop the wholesale price.

This, in turn, means that the TV companies could offer even bigger discounts. The price-drop pressure is coming from both sides – on the retail side to shift existing TVs, and on the manufacturing side because the TVs are cheaper to make.

With the cost of living crisis only likely to get worse, this at least will hopefully offer some respite for people who'll need a new TV this year – you'll be able to save some money, or maybe get an even bigger or better model for the same money. It should make our guides to the best TVs under $1000 and best TVs under £1000 very interesting…
                            https://www.techradar.com/news/expec...or-price-drops
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The current season of Orville is Season 3.

Comment

• My house is nearly 100 years old and is the design has exactly one spot where a TV can go. In that spot the best is a 40 inch TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X