No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford was a bit before my time, I remember seeing some re-runs but not much. Magnum PI is one of my favorite shows of all time though, and it’s cut from that cloth. There could be serious episodes, there could be comedy episodes, sometimes there was big case, sometimes it was more a day-in-the-life type of episode. There would be some multiple arc shows or even call backs to prior seasons but you could mostly just watch any episode at any time.

Comment

• Tom Selleck got his big break in the Rockford Files as PI Lance White. He's not Thomas Magnum but a rich playboy who has to team up with our hero Jim Rockford a d he annoys Jim to no end. It's great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        Rockford was a bit before my time, I remember seeing some re-runs but not much. Magnum PI is one of my favorite shows of all time though, and it’s cut from that cloth. There could be serious episodes, there could be comedy episodes, sometimes there was big case, sometimes it was more a day-in-the-life type of episode. There would be some multiple arc shows or even call backs to prior seasons but you could mostly just watch any episode at any time.
        I think The Rockford Files may have aged a bit better or, I may just be old as dirt.

I also like to see an old Mannix once in a while, too. It is a late 60s early 70s cop turned PI show. I remember watching as a kid, but it seems to hold up pretty well.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

•  
          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Ha!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The Rockford Files and Mannix were really good I watched them all about 3 years ago. Mike Conners was hit in the head and K'O ed 57 times during the show lol

Poker Face is good too, a lot like Columbo it's pretty easy to pick apart. Most killers could come back with easy reasons why things happen, but end up giving up confessing guilty on something which would never hold up in court.

Episode one of Poker Face is filled with plot holes right from the beging, just a few off the top of my head and it been a few days since I watched it.

SPOILERThe killer Nick (?) fingerprints are all over the house, no gunpowder on the hands of either the victims. There are some other buildings around the house not really shown, I'm sure had cameras, the police would look for fresh tire tracks who came to the house.

Comment

• "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                  That's almost as weird as "Spock's Brain."

And both hilarious and campy to boot.
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    The Rockford Files and Mannix were really good I watched them all about 3 years ago. Mike Conners was hit in the head and K'O ed 57 times during the show lol

Poker Face is good too, a lot like Columbo it's pretty easy to pick apart. Most killers could come back with easy reasons why things happen, but end up giving up confessing guilty on something which would never hold up in court.

Episode one of Poker Face is filled with plot holes right from the beging, just a few off the top of my head and it been a few days since I watched it.

SPOILERThe killer Nick (?) fingerprints are all over the house, no gunpowder on the hands of either the victims. There are some other buildings around the house not really shown, I'm sure had cameras, the police would look for fresh tire tracks who came to the house.
                    Feel like you’re not paying attention to the show. Though if you’re watching any investigative/cop show for realism you will be sadly disappointed in most cases.

SPOILERFirst episode the main bad guy says they own the cops in their town. Never mind that it is not uncommon to see regularly on the news how often cops fuck up investigations. Especially I low income and domestic violence situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Feel like you’re not paying attention to the show. Though if you’re watching any investigative/cop show for realism you will be sadly disappointed in most cases.

SPOILERFirst episode the main bad guy says they own the cops in their town. Never mind that it is not uncommon to see regularly on the news how often cops fuck up investigations. Especially I low income and domestic violence situations.
                      I was going to make the same point, but was too lazy.

SPOILERI thought they set up the lack of serious investigation pretty well
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The point of these type of detective shows is less about the plot and more about the characters.

Comment

• For a slightly more conventional detective drama… Will Trent, on ABC, is pretty good.

i couldn’t get past the overly aggressive laugh track on the pilot of the new Night Court, does it get better?
                          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Yeah Will Trent is pretty good. I hope it sticks.

Comment

• Night Court doesn’t seem any different over the first few episodes. Does anyone know where you can watch old episodes?

Comment

• You can watch all original Night Court Episodes on Freevee (IMDB) for free with Ads. Download the app or watch it on Amazon Prime.

Oh it's all good, like I said it had been a few days (when I posted that) and I forgot they said they owed the police. It really just adds to the fun of shows like this.

>> Poker Face’ renewed for Season 2 on Peacock

Comment

Working...
                                X