TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    We started watching Yellowjackets Saturday. We're like 3-4 episodes in and pretty hooked.
    I was hoping someone could give me a thumbs up/down.

I will add it to my list.

Thanks Deb.
    Last edited by Futureshock; March 27, 2023, 09:46 AM.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm trying to get through the 5 seasons of Luther to be fully understanding the movie, "Luther: The Fallen Sun." But my goodness it's slow. I'm half way through the first season but, I would not give the series a favorable review so far. Maybe it speeds up after the first year.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• You don’t need to watch the show to watch the movie. But I would recommend skipping the movie.

Comment

• I've not heard good things about the movie. Luther cooks and is worth it when he is interacting with Alice Morgan. Anything else,.meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I was hoping someone could give me a thumbs up/down.

I will add it to my list.

Thanks Deb.
            Reading the premise, I did not expect to get into it. But it's got a Euphoria meets True Detective vibe to it. And I'm enjoying the way they are telling the story, both in current day and back when things happened.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Reading the premise, I did not expect to get into it. But it's got a Euphoria meets True Detective vibe to it. And I'm enjoying the way they are telling the story, both in current day and back when things happened.
              Lord of the Flies vibe?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post

someone else recommended this show a few hours after I saw your post, so I started it last night. Only 2 eposides in, but so far it's definitely my cup of tea.
                It takes awhile because the middle episodes kind of drag and you wonder where it is going. But the last 2-3 episodes stick the landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Lord of the Flies vibe?
                  Oh yeah. I'd say it was inspired by Lord of the Flies, with its own spin.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ok, Poker Face is pretty damned good. I like it
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

It takes awhile because the middle episodes kind of drag and you wonder where it is going. But the last 2-3 episodes stick the landing.
                      finished Daisy Jones & The Six over the weekend and yes, they definitely stuck the landing. Loved it. I was quite impressed with Daisy's performance but had no idea who she was, so I googled her. CRAZY!!!
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Oh man. “Succession” … Happy to be on board with this for 5 years. Top tier payoff.

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                        I generally love true-crime dramas (and documentaries)…loved the staircase (doc not movie), loved Mindhunter.
                        But I couldn’t get past 2 episodes of Dahmer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s well made and I like the kid they got to play the part…..but delving into J Dahmer is too much.
                        The subject matter is too creepy…I can’t do it.
                        Several episodes into “Mindhunter” and really have enjoyed it so far. Not surprised when David Fincher is a huge influence on the series.
                        This series is great so far, yet they ended after season 2 and want David Fincher to work on this project that seems like a bad idea. The South Korean version is fine. Doesn’t need an unnecessary American version:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Ok, Poker Face is pretty damned good. I like it
                          What channel is that on?
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

What channel is that on?
                            Streaming, Dan!! I think on Peacock.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              Oh man. “Succession” … Happy to be on board with this for 5 years. Top tier payoff.

I am sad that we have never watched it. Seems too overwhelming to start it now.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

I am sad that we have never watched it. Seems too overwhelming to start it now.
                                Why?
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X