No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New show debuted on Peacock, Mrs. Davis. It's by Damon Lindelof, so it has a lot of the Lost themes about free will. It's about a nun taking on an AI program that has taken over earth. Betty Gilpin is the num and she is pretty good. They have shown 4 episodes and it is fun althought the plot is about as coherent as Lost was.

Comment

• True Detective is doing another season with Jodie Foster as the lead. Man I hope this one is good.

Almost done with Poker Face and it’s excellent. It’s shot so well and each episode has some really fantastic actors. I hope they don’t do too many seasons of it and screw it up.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        New show debuted on Peacock, Mrs. Davis. It's by Damon Lindelof, so it has a lot of the Lost themes about free will. It's about a nun taking on an AI program that has taken over earth. Betty Gilpin is the num and she is pretty good. They have shown 4 episodes and it is fun althought the plot is about as coherent as Lost was.
        I just read a review on it and the plot is intriguing. I like Gilpin (from her days on Nurse Jackie).
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          New show debuted on Peacock, Mrs. Davis. It's by Damon Lindelof, so it has a lot of the Lost themes about free will. It's about a nun taking on an AI program that has taken over earth. Betty Gilpin is the num and she is pretty good. They have shown 4 episodes and it is fun althought the plot is about as coherent as Lost was.
          I've only gotten through 1 episode, but I like it.

Yeah, Lost (that's deep dude), Devs, Naomi, Next and Preacher. Just a little of each of those stories.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I liked Betty Gilpin in GLOW.

Comment

• I'm not sure how many of you watched the first season of the new Perry Mason show on HBO, but I liked it a lot. I am a big fan of the original and enjoy the "prequil" that is the new show. In the first season Perry is a down and out private investigator and it shows how he becomes a lawyer and his first case.

I watched the first show of the second season last night. I think it will be as good of a season as the first.

I highly recommend it, but it is probably too "woke" for jaadam.

Spolier:

SPOILER Who knew Della Street was a lesbian?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I loved that show and didn't realize that there was a 2nd season out. yay!
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Promising cast for the new season, but it’s been 6 long years since quality “Black Mirror.” It would be nice to see a return to form.

“Black Mirror” Season 6 Trailer
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    I'm not sure how many of you watched the first season of the new Perry Mason show on HBO, but I liked it a lot. I am a big fan of the original and enjoy the "prequil" that is the new show. In the first season Perry is a down and out private investigator and it shows how he becomes a lawyer and his first case.

I watched the first show of the second season last night. I think it will be as good of a season as the first.

Spolier:

I watched an episode last night and it was really good. I think Mathew Rhys is a fantastic actor.

I however didn’t see any woke shit. Don’t know how that would even be possible for something shot in the 1930’s
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I watched an episode last night and it was really good. I think Mathew Rhys is a fantastic actor.

I however didn’t see any woke shit. Don’t know how that would even be possible for something shot in the 1930’s
                      Just wait. It's in there. Ha!
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Just wait. It's in there. Ha!
                        I don’t mind some things but movies like the latest Thor was steaming shit. I’ll keep watching because I like how dark it is and the acting is on point. Really nice cast
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you watched the first season of the new Perry Mason show on HBO, but I liked it a lot. I am a big fan of the original and enjoy the "prequil" that is the new show. In the first season Perry is a down and out private investigator and it shows how he becomes a lawyer and his first case.

Spolier:

Gotta drink now

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Gotta drink now
                            Man I agree. Alcohol is one of the only things that softens that movement. Well said bro
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I’ve tried to watch this damn Perry Mason show based on several recommendations including those here and it just wasn’t working and was not loving Rhys performance and thought it was completely lacking.

And then bam, when they actually get him in the court room it really takes off. Now I’m hooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                True Detective is doing another season with Jodie Foster as the lead. Man I hope this one is good.
                                Nice! Season 1 was amazing, season 2 was off the rails bad, and then season 3 got back close to the level of season 1. Jodie seems like she'd be a great fit. Looking forward to this.

Yellow Jackets was getting a ton of hype, so I gave it a go. I think I'm gonna bail on it. Not feeling it.
                                Last edited by Niffla; May 1, 2023, 01:55 PM.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X