No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was still entertaining through the Negan arc.

Comment

• I got tired of the villain of the month format well before that.

Find more people. There's an evil guy in charge. Fight the bad guys. In the shocking season finale a major character gets killed off

Wash rinse repeat.

I did watch occasionally out of curiosity

I also got a bit tired of the stupid shit that people did that no real person in any situation would do.

I get it. It's a zombie show. You have to suspend belief. I could even stomach head shots with hand guns from the back of moving motorcycles, but...

I think the final straw for me may have been when Negan was strutting back and forth with his bat giving a soliloquy outside of his warehouse. The good guys were a stones throw away with guns and were close enough to hear him telling them what a bad ass he was and nobody thought to just shoot the fucker as he strutted around

Jesus.
      Last edited by CGVT; October 13, 2022, 06:30 PM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        I got tired of the villain of the month format well before that.

Find more people. There's an evil guy in charge. Fight the bad guys. In the shocking season finale a major character gets killed off

Wash rinse repeat.
        Back in the 90s I was reading a book series called Deathlands that was like that. Some group was an enemy or a threat, infiltrate them, get caught, escape the room they were in, find a cache of weapons and fight their way out. Over and over again. I finally gave up. Fortunately I was buying them cheap at a used bookstore. Remember them? They existed before Amazon.

Last edited by edindetroit; October 13, 2022, 06:36 PM.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I think the re-tread stuff happens to pretty much every successful show. I still enjoyed it because I cared about the characters. Negan may have been rinse-repeat from the next bad guy perspective but he was a fun character to me. Alpha, Beta were not.

Comment

• I stopped Walking Dead after Rick left. I was hoping to see that Walking Dead movie but I think Covid messed everything up.

Comment

• I thought the best show to mix the monster of the week and the season arc was Supernatural. They always had a big chunk of episodes that were squarely monster of the week episodes and I liked this a lot. But basically you are watching the show to see Dean Winchester be a smart ass. The plot is less important than seeing stupid wise cracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I thought the best show to mix the monster of the week and the season arc was Supernatural. They always had a big chunk of episodes that were squarely monster of the week episodes and I liked this a lot. But basically you are watching the show to see Dean Winchester be a smart ass. The plot is less important than seeing stupid wise cracks.
                Also, they did their research into the mythologies of said monsters that were rooted in actual mythologies. And they were a staple. In TWD the cast has changed so much since the beginning that I think Carol and Darryl are the only originals left. Also, they could never show us life being "normal" in that world, so they jumped ahead 8 years? That's bunk. But, they have a cult following so they have a series of spin offs coming. I think I'm jumping off this train.

BTW, did anyone get into that show about an apocalypse where everyone is on a train? I just couldn't find myself watching that.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• "The Winchesters" pilot was meh. I hope it perks up.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    BTW, did anyone get into that show about an apocalypse where everyone is on a train? I just couldn't find myself watching that.
                    I tried to watch that but gave up on it.
                    ​​​​

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That sounds like the movie “Train to Busan”, which was actually pretty good. Pleasant surprise.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Snowpiercer is the name. That looks dumb. WTF would everyone be stranded on a frickin moving train and who is maintaining the tracks? The whole premise is stupid. I can't believe it's been on the air this long.

Comment

• Yep, Snowpiercer, horrible movie.

Comment

• A guy I worked with thought Snowpiercer was really good. I never saw it.

Comment

• I need to watch supernatural at some point. One last comment on TWD. One of the appeals of the show for people is the no one is safe atmosphere. The only problem running a show like that is you better hope you replace them with good ones or you're fucked. Or be like GoT and have assloads of characters and make it feel like none are safe even though half of them are.

Comment

• Supernatural is 15 seasons, if you do watch it, you can pick and choose seasons. As a series it picks up steam when Castiel and Crowley are regulars. It was only written to be 5 seasons at best so the fifth season was really supposed to be end of it.

I suspect if anybody actually binged the 300+ episodes they could identify the beats of an episode pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X