No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched one episode, it was OK but the charm of the first series was it was.strictly a monster of the week format. But like everything in TV and Movies, there has to be a larger mythology.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I watched one episode, it was OK but the charm of the first series was it was.strictly a monster of the week format. But like everything in TV and Movies, there has to be a larger mythology.
      Kind of like the X Files. I felt that the Monster of the Week shows were the best by far.

So many shows get lost (prime example is Lost. Ha!) in building their mythology and become too much of a pain in the ass to watch. I much prefer the hour or even half hour tidy wrap up. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for character growth and story line development, but for my buck, don't go overboard.

I understand what I am in for in a 4 or 6 part show (the kind that used to be a movie) but don't enjoy shows that I know are going to run on for multiple seasons and leave me disappointed.

I am watching LeBrea on NBC. It is absolutely shitty. A terrible show, but It is kind of like watching a train wreck and is just mindless entertainment. Last night I told my wife that not only is it bad, it was going to end up being one of "those" shows.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Kind of like the X Files. I felt that the Monster of the Week shows were the best by far.

So many shows get lost (prime example is Lost. Ha!) in building their mythology and become too much of a pain in the ass to watch. I much prefer the hour or even half hour tidy wrap up. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for character growth and story line development, but for my buck, don't go overboard.

I understand what I am in for in a 4 or 6 part show (the kind that used to be a movie) but don't enjoy shows that I know are going to run on for multiple seasons and leave me disappointed.

I am watching LeBrea on NBC. It is absolutely shitty. A terrible show, but It is kind of like watching a train wreck and is just mindless entertainment. Last night I told my wife that not only is it bad, it was going to end up being one of "those" shows.
        Same. These shows just get me caught up in seeing the final wreck. i.e. Walking Dead (all), LaBrea, etc... I allow myself to tie up all my GBs on my DVR with them and watch them only because I need room. I'm not my best friend
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• A great mini-show that they could have built a great series is "The Lost Room." It was done okay by the SciFi network, but 16 years later, it could be done better and expanded on.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Same. These shows just get me caught up in seeing the final wreck. i.e. Walking Dead (all), LaBrea, etc... I allow myself to tie up all my GBs on my DVR with them and watch them only because I need room. I'm not my best friend
            Yeh, the Walking Dead quickly became one of those shows that was like a bad book. You get about halfway through and only keep reading to see how it ends. In TWD's case, it got to the point that I just didn't give a shit and although I probably hung on longer than I should have eventually I let it go.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              A great mini-show that they could have built a great series is "The Lost Room." It was done okay by the SciFi network, but 16 years later, it could be done better and expanded on.
              I’m still waiting for the third season of Alphas

Comment

• I’m watching Quantum Leap. I agree that it doesn’t have the charm of the first.

I’m also watching La Brea. It’s watchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

I’m also watching La Brea. It’s watchable.
                  Yep. It's a trainwreck, but...

raw.png

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Re Dahmer……. Holy absolute fk

Watched the 3 episode, real life “Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes” first before thinking about the 10 part series. And err, no chance.

I do obviously remember when it all really happened back in the day……. But, must’ve missed (or avoided) the news re drilling peoples heads Not prepared to watch a re-enactment of that type of thing.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I have no intention of watching that freak show.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• What it does do is make you think of people you’ve met in your life and thought……. “He could be a Dahmer”
                        Apologise for that sounding totally judgemental but in my line of work, (easily over 100 different households a year)…… it gets you thinking. 🤔
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yeh, the Walking Dead quickly became one of those shows that was like a bad book. You get about halfway through and only keep reading to see how it ends. In TWD's case, it got to the point that I just didn't give a shit and although I probably hung on longer than I should have eventually I let it go.
                          I should have when they killed Carl. Oh, I mean CURL!

Comment

• The Walking Dead truly could have been incredible if they didn’t change their path after season 1. Sucks they separated with Frank Darabont because AMC squeezed more money out of the show. Imagine if that happened with Vince Gilligan and Breaking Bad/ Better Call Saul. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t blame AMC, but that’s the reason The Walking Dead clearly regressed when it comes to quality.

Edit: This whole situation …
                            https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-...t-exit-reason/
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              The Walking Dead truly could have been incredible if they didn’t change their path after season 1. Sucks they separated with Frank Darabont because AMC squeezed more money out of the show. Imagine if that happened with Vince Gilligan and Breaking Bad/ Better Call Saul. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t blame AMC, but that’s the reason The Walking Dead clearly regressed when it comes to quality.

Edit: This whole situation …
                              https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-...t-exit-reason/
                              That first season was awesome. I stopped somewhere in the second season because it was a major step down .
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I couldn’t cope when Beth died….

Comment

Working...
                                X