Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Ozark is awesome
    It IS! Just finished the third season, wow. Wish we had more to watch.

We just discovered "Magic for Humans" on Netflix. We started with season 3 and it's pretty great.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Holy shit Deb.. That was quick! Jason Batemen is such an underrated actor.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Holy shit Deb.. That was quick! Jason Batemen is such an underrated actor.
        Yeah well, we didn't have much else to watch lol.

Did you watch Bateman in The Outsider?
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Did you watch Bateman in The Outsider?
          I haven't seen that one. Is it good?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's like cilantro. You either love it or you hate it. We loved it -- it set a very intense mood and was sooo creepy. But I know others who thought it was boring and hated it. It features one of my favorite actresses: Cynthia Erivo

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Bateman was the glue that held it all together on the classic seasons 1-3 series “Arrested Development.”

Been on a HBO tear lately given the coronavirus.

“Ricky and Morty” is pretty good. HBO Max added it.
              Not as amazing as everyone says because I feel like there is wasted time. Too much wasted time spent on Morty’s parents... granted, they probably have to give them time given its Chris Parnell and Sarah Chalke.
              The Rick + Morty stuff is all entertaining, however.

Also found time to re-watch season 1 of “True Detective” because I want to try season 2 again... then eventually, season 3. Season 1 of “True Detective” definitely holds up as one of the best seasons of TV... ever. Incredible.

“Rome” is excellent.
              It’s too bad they cancelled it because HBO bailed for GoT. Rome could have been a great 5 season Series.

“Barry”
              Season 2 didn’t disappoint. Very good Series.

“Westworld”
              WTF happened. Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was a sloppy mess. Then now, Season 3 fell flat. Very disappointed with the direction of the Series after the booming start.

”Curb your enthusiasm”
              Very entertaining. Easy show to casually watch.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I have Season 3 of True Detective all recorded on TiVo but I've ignored it all this time. Sounds like that's our next binge.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Rome was awesome indeed but if they truly did cancel it for GoT then they picked right
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ya, Rome was awesome. I don’t think it could have went beyond 3 seasons, though. The storylines were played out. I watched it again recently and it was just as awesome.

For any Sopranos out there, check out the “Talking Sopranos” podcast. It’s with the actors who played Christopher and Bobby. It’s just fantastic. A lot of guests come on and they break down each episode.

Chase will be on at some point. They are at episode 1.12 right now. Falco will be on the pod next week as a guest.

Comment

• I hope to hell they have Tony Sirico for the “Pine Barrens” episode. That’s an all time great TV episode. Better Call Saul ripped it off this past season when Mike/Jimmy get lost in the desert.

Comment

• "Succession" just won the Emmys outstanding drama award for season 2.
                        Highly recommend Succession if anyone hasn't checked it out yet. I know a lot of people attempted to watch Succession season 1 and gave up after a few episodes. It really picks up during the back half of season 1. Season 2 is indeed amazing.
                        It's modern day Game of Thrones basically.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thanks, I was one of the people who lost interest early in Season 1. May give it another go.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Another recommendation.

"The Leftovers" on HBO Max is amazing.
                            Randomly stumbled upon this TV series while putting on some background noise a few weeks ago. Then I was like "hey, this seems really good."
                            Sci-Fi drama about 2% of the world population vanishing (or "departing") and how people would change years later. Primarily revolves around one family.
                            It has to be one of the most overlooked and underrated TV series that I've ever watched. The work it does with the characters to build stakes and emotion... wow. It's a little bit of a slow burn in the early episodes of each season because it takes time to set up big climaxes. Perhaps that is why some people gave up on it.
                            Checks all of the boxes for doing an excellent job in the technical areas (directing, acting, cinematography). Music score is brilliant by Max Richter.

The creator is the co-creator of "LOST." ... "The Leftovers" is basically a rich man's HBO version of "LOST" with all of the excellent character work. Highly recommend.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Markie Post passed away. Had such a huge crush on her when I was a kid.

Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with cancer. She was 70. Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed her passing to Deadline. Born on November 4, 1950 in Palo Alto, California, Post got her start in […]

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                Markie Post passed away. Had such a huge crush on her when I was a kid.

Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with cancer. She was 70. Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed her passing to Deadline. Born on November 4, 1950 in Palo Alto, California, Post got her start in […]
                                Yeah me too. Her and Kelly Preston, who passed away not too long ago
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X