Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet ranked 11 in the nation.

That was a big game for MSU.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I did not say it wasn't a big game, I said it was the first as in 1 - game of the Big Ten. There is a long road after that in The Big Ten to call it a signature win as MSU found out in Iowa City. I said it was not a signature win.

Comment

• Well it was a signature win. No doubt about it.

They beat number 11 and wisconsin went on to be undefeated before losing in their bowl (a game they coached themselves out of winning).
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yes, ok I see how you evaluate, we are just different that way, the Detroit Lions had even a better signature win. They beat the Super Bowl Champions the mighty Green Bay Packers. It was a signature win. No doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Yes, ok I see how you evaluate, we are just different that way, the Detroit Lions had even a better signature win. They beat the Super Bowl Champions the mighty Green Bay Packers. It was a signature win. No doubt about it.
            Beating the Packers with defense was huge. I said so myself at the time. When the packers went on to win it all it made that victory that much more.
            They actually had a road victory as well. That was another signature win IMO for different reasons.

For example when MSU beat UofM, that was ranked 18 and undefeated that wasn't a signature win... you know why? Because UofM tanked.
            Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; February 26, 2011, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• i remember in week 4 everyone was like denard robinson is a shoe in for the heisman lol

Comment

• I never thought that. I doubt many others did either. There was talk IF HE CONTINUED at his current pace he would be a shoe in but I don't recall anyone giving him the trophy after four games.

GO LIONS "11" !
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yeah, they would say things like "he's the leader at this point." But he got a lot of publicity because he came out of nowhere, and he was setting records right from the outset.
                  I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• And playing bad teams

Comment

• Hey, another road win! M 70, Minnie 63. One more at home and they're .500, still with a shot at a bid.

Comment

• Gutsy win by Michigan today. 70-63 win that was closer than that all 2nd half. A monster 3 and a steal down the stretch for Zack Novak were key.

Now, a week to prep for the devils in green. If we beat them and get a win in the Big 10 Tourney, we're back in the mix for a bid.

Still, you have to also recognize that people predicted that Michigan would have a tough time winning TEN games this year and now they have 18. Quite a coaching job by Beilein and credit to Morris, Morgan & Hardaway for working hard and exceeding what was expected of them as well.

GO BLUE!!!
                        Last edited by tin mad dog; February 26, 2011, 06:39 PM.
                        <<< Just feeling the blues..

Comment

• They have to get to 20 wins. Beat MSU and win your 1st round big 10 tournament game, and you can rest easy.

Comment

• The Pistons could take some notes on how to play with heart from this group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                              They have to get to 20 wins. Beat MSU and win your 1st round big 10 tournament game, and you can rest easy.
                              I don't know about resting easy at 20 wins. 21 and I rest easy. 20, I feel pretty good about their chances.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. I think they need MSU and two tourney games.

Comment

Working...
                                X