No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset of the tourney will be when Wofford beats 3 seed BYU in the 1st Round!
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      I don't know about that, K-Stat but I hope you are right that it won't be a tremendous home court advantage for dook.

You should go to the games.

FUCK DOOOOOK!
      I have a co-worker that gets a book of tickets, and he hates Duke more than I do. I'm definitely going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Upset of the tourney will be when Wofford beats 3 seed BYU in the 1st Round!
        If not that, it will be when #13 Oakland beats #4 Texas.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Texas was about the worst possible draw for Oakland. They could have upset a lot of top-5 teams, but I doubt Texas is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
            If not that, it will be when #13 Oakland beats #4 Texas.
            Please, no!!! lol

in 2009, I had #4 Seed Wake Forest going to the Final 4, they were beat in the 1st Round by Cleveland St.
            In 2010, I had #3 Seed Georgetown in the Final 4, they were beat in the 1st Round by Ohio.
            In 2011, I have Texas in the Final 4 ...

A major upset in the 1st Round is bound to happen (To a 3, 4, or 5 seed) every year no matter what
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• By the way, NEVER listen to the popular "Media upset."
              That never works out.

Always pick an upset that the media doesn't mention.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Is anyone else watching the Fab Five Doc on ESPN? IS anyone else experiencing a weird stop motion in the footage?
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I'm recording it.

Comment

• Texas has looked pretty bad lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                      I don't know about that, K-Stat but I hope you are right that it won't be a tremendous home court advantage for dook.

You should go to the games.

FUCK DOOOOOK!
                      Nate Silver:
                      Since 2003, for instance, teams playing an N.C.A.A. tournament game within 50 miles of their campus are a remarkable 24-2. One of the two losses came in last year?s championship game, when Butler ? playing just miles from its campus in Indianapolis ? came within 2 points of defeating a heavily favored Duke team.
                      By contrast, teams travelling at least 1,000 miles to play their game are 121-174, having won just 41 percent of the time.

Comment

• Duke really doesn't have a home area. They're like Notre Dame Football. Their brand is scattered throughout the country, but they aren't even favorite sons in their home state. UNC colors are littered the moment you get off the Duke campus.

If anything, they're hated more in Charlotte because of the UNC rivalry.

Comment

• BTW, regarding the fab 5 documentary, that was really powerful stuff. It was tough to watch at times because it brought back a lot of memories.

The 1993 loss to UNC was really the first and only time in my life I was really emotionally affected by a sporting event, because I felt so bad for Chris Webber. I imagine I had the same pained look on my face as he did.
                          Last edited by Kstat; March 13, 2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Goddamn game starts at 11:40 central Friday. I'm gonna have to come home from work. Fortunately, we do get TruTV here.

Comment

• was really the first and only time in my life I was really emotionally affected by a sporting event
                              Me being to passionate about sports, there are to many to remember. Most recent would be the Tigers WS loss were they played the the Key-stoned -cops. , many Red Wings playoffs loses and the Pistons loss in game 7 at San Antonio. Last but not least, Michigan's loses to Notre Dame in football - for some reason when Lou was coach of the Irish it really tore me up to see.

Comment

• I was pretty fucking emotionally affected by the Lions opener against Chicago. To have both the season ruined by Stafford's injury and the game stolen by the refs...my wife kept saying "Don't you always say it's only a game?" I haven't felt that way about a stupid ballgame since I was a kid. I'm 54.

Comment

Working...
                                X