No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as you take away the big plays from Denard Robinson you can live with him grinding out 5 -7 yard gains. Eventually they will stall or cough up the ball. The bad thing is for Michigan is he is their offense. You can't easily substitute another QB and hope for better results.

Comment

• Michigan would be better off with Denard Robinson running a true option attack. He is a QB but he needs to be in a Tommy Frazier role. That would have solved a lot of their problems. They do run some option out of the gun, but it is not the same.

Comment

• They do run some option out of the gun, but it is not the same.
        Not really, it might be in the playbook, that's about it. DR would take to much of a beating. He's getting some nasty stuff said about him now over the web, what did these people think, he would learn to pass this year? Give him a break. Tommy Frazier lol really?

Comment

• I can't say that I follow the Wolverines closely, but I do typically pull for them when I watch them. What makes the coaching staff think D. Robinson can make those throws? He couldn't hit the ocean from the beach last night and he embarrassed himself trying. Is he a better passer than what he showed last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
            I can't say that I follow the Wolverines closely, but I do typically pull for them when I watch them. What makes the coaching staff think D. Robinson can make those throws? He couldn't hit the ocean from the beach last night and he embarrassed himself trying. Is he a better passer than what he showed last night?
            Hard to say, Bim. He has definitely regressed this year in terms of passing. He was never a good passer, it just seems this year he is just chucking the ball downfield more often and hooping. He has had good passing games in his career, but in EVERY game he has played he has thrown like last night.
            Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• I am glad to hear he has shown better passing skills. I suppose, because of his size, he is not a candidate for conversion to running back.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Not really, it might be in the playbook, that's about it. DR would take to much of a beating. He's getting some nasty stuff said about him now over the web, what did these people think, he would learn to pass this year? Give him a break. Tommy Frazier lol really?

Why do you think Tommy Frazier is a lol. Robinson would be great running an option attack. All of his big plays come from him running the ball. When your personal offensive savior RichRod was here the option worked for him. Think outside the box a little.

Comment

• I agree with Froot, except that the O-line isn't very good, so it really doesn't matter what they run. We'll have to suffer one more year with DR at the helm.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                    Hard to say, Bim. He has definitely regressed this year in terms of passing. He was never a good passer, it just seems this year he is just chucking the ball downfield more often and hooping. He has had good passing games in his career, but in EVERY game he has played he has thrown like last night.

I don't think he's regressed. He just hasn't improved.
                    Also, our O-line lost some good players (Molk being the biggest loss) and we don't have Junior Hemmingway there to make catches. Funchess looks to be the front-runner to be that guy. Gardner still is having issues catching the ball but he may still come around.

I think Froot is right in that Borges has to make some adjustments. Maybe stop putting DR under center?

There's no question that Denard needs to improve his decision-making. His first INT was just a horrible choice. The WR wasn't open and there were two domers that could've picked the ball off.

The 4th INT was just a Hail Mary before the half so I can kind of throw that one away.

What was crazy was that before the INT fest, he had hit something like 6 of 7 passes. The Vincent Smith pass that got the shitfest rolling was awful too. Maybe not such a bad call except that we'd been moving the ball right down the field and DR was in rhythm.
                    Maybe you don't need to pull out a trick play on 1st and goal? I think that was Smith's first time in the game too.

Comment

• Denard quote:

"I forced a lot of throws, and I want to say sorry to everybody who watches football, who watches Michigan football and who follows Michigan football. I want to say sorry. It won't happen anymore. I'm going to be accountable for the rest of the season." - Denard Robinson
                      You can't help but root for the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                        Denard quote:

Love ya Denard
                        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          Denard quote:

So he decides to be accountable after game 4? Yeah, thanks for that Denard.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Awesome, wrong thread
                            Last edited by Deuce; September 23, 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• edit
                              Last edited by Deuce; September 23, 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• edit

Comment

Working...
                                X