No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think Tommy Frazier is a lol. Robinson would be great running an option attack. All of his big plays come from him running the ball. When your personal offensive savior RichRod was here the option worked for him. Think outside the box a little.

I hate to say it again, but all he can do is run against bad defenses.

Hes not built for the option, we know he doesn't make good decisions (you need that running that offense) and he can't throw on the run, teams would just bring the safetys up.

lol @ Tommie Frazier - Well, hes probably the best option QB to ever play the game. Fast, a bruiser who could brake tackles, great at knowing when to pitch the ball, and even he was banged up much of the time. Not fair to compare DR to him in any way.

Comment

• Ok Brooks Bollinger, Eric Crouch, Jamelle Holloway, Turner Gill. A month ago you guys were arguing whether Robinson could beat Usain Bolt in a 40 yard sprint. He can break tackles and make big plays. I guess you don't understand what a veer option does. Its not that hard, Robinson can make the read and has shown how do it in the past. Making the correct read is not a tough decision, and the safeties aren't the issue. You option the end. The fact you talk about the safeties being brought tells me you don't understand that type of offense.

Comment

• It's been fun watching Denard for the most part the past 3 years, but it will be nice if they can get a QB that can actually pass the ball in the future. He just never improved as a passer and still sails the ball when pressured and his mechanics fail way too often. The question will be, can they find playmakers at other positions to replace what he has given them.

Comment

• Ok Brooks Bollinger, Eric Crouch, Jamelle Holloway, Turner Gill. A month ago you guys were arguing whether Robinson could beat Usain Bolt in a 40 yard sprint. He can break tackles and make big plays. I guess you don't understand what a veer option does. Its not that hard, Robinson can make the read and has shown how do it in the past. Making the correct read is not a tough decision, and the safeties aren't the issue. You option the end. The fact you talk about the safeties being brought tells me you don't understand that type of offense.

I basically agree, Eric Crouch was another great one, (though all those guys ran the triple option). I think DR needs space to make big plays, he would be best doing it with Richrods zone read option from the 'shotgun only', though he has never shown he can do it well vs a good D that are squeezing the four down, shooting backers, corners, or safeties. I also think he would be banged up as usual like when Richrod was here. No use splitting hairs about it though, the real problem is the coaches - Borges

Michigan is stuck with him DR for the rest of the year, though Borges is doing him no favers, seems he scraps the pocket passer plan and soon as DR looks really bad and Michigan falls behind. Play calling to start the 3rd Saturday was much better. Lets see after the buy what happens, Borges is catching a lot of heat for continuing to try to make him throw from the pocket..

Comment

• This is from the voice of Michigan football Brian Cook :-)

Al Borges has been Michigan's offensive coordinator for 17 games now. Five were against non-BCS opponents. A sixth was against Alabama and will be set aside. Of the remaining eleven, five were out-and-out debacles: both Notre Dame games, MSU, Iowa, and the Sugar Bowl. That Junior Hemingway rescued two of those doesn't change the fact that in about half of Michigan's games against real competition, the combination of Borges and Denard can't put up 200 yards until bombed out of the gameplan by events on the field.

Comment

• Notre Dame has exercised a three-year out in its series contract with Michigan, meaning the last meeting between the historic rivals will occur in 2014.

Michigan is the first casualty of Notre Dame's new arrangement with the ACC.
              The Fighting Irish notified the Wolverines that they are exercising a three-year out in their series contract, meaning the last meeting between the historic rivals will occur in 2014.
              Through a Freedom of Information Act request, The Associated Press obtained a letter Tuesday from Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick to Michigan AD David Brandon, canceling the games from 2015 to 2017.

By opting out of three future games against Michigan, Notre Dame signaled a new era in its relationship with the Big Ten, writes Brian Bennett. BlogRothstein: Options for Michigan

The schools had extended their contract in 2007, taking the series through the 2031 season. But it was on a three-year rolling basis, giving either side the chance to opt out with three years' notice.
              Notre Dame and Michigan announced this summer that a two-year break is coming in the 2018 and 2019 campaigns, but that they intended to resume the series in the years following.
              "The decision to cancel games in 2015-17 was Notre Dame's and not ours," Brandon said in a release. "We value our annual rivalry with Notre Dame but will have to see what the future holds for any continuation of the series. This cancellation presents new scheduling opportunities for our program and provides a chance to create some new rivalries."
              The Irish beat the Wolverines 13-6 over the weekend in the latest game of a storied series that dates to 1887. They've played every year since 2002 and regularly since 1978 after not meeting from 1944 to 1977 or 1910 to 1941.
              The final two games of the rivalry with take place Sept. 7, 2013 at Michigan Stadium and Sept. 6, 2014 at Notre Dame Stadium.
              Brandon told the AP he was handed the letter on the field in South Bend, Ind., about an hour before Saturday night's game.
              "I put the letter in my pocket and didn't bother to read it right away because I was focused on the game we were about to play," Brandon said. "I read it on the way home Sunday morning."

"It's unfortunate and a great rivalry and all those things," Michigan coach Brady Hoke said during Tuesday's Big Ten conference call. "But they have to do what they think is best. We'll move on and add some new scheduling opportunities for us."
              Hoke said he and Brandon have not met yet to discuss potential future opponents now that Notre Dame is officially off the schedule, but figures they will in the future.
              Notre Dame announced Sept. 12 that it would be moving all of its sports except football and hockey from the Big East to the ACC, with the football team agreeing to play five games per year against ACC schools.
              Swarbrick said then that he hoped the football scheduling agreement could begin in the 2014 season, and he stressed that Navy, Stanford and USC were the rivals he felt were most important for the Irish to keep on an annual basis.
              "While this move is a necessary precaution as we begin the process of meeting our new scheduling commitment to the ACC," Swarbrick wrote in his letter to Brandon, "please know that Notre Dame very much values its relationship with Michigan. (We) look forward to working with you to ensure that our great football rivalry can continue."

More on Michigan

Everything Michigan, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com's WolverineNation.

Swarbrick's letter is dated a day before the schools met on the field and cites last year's contract.
              "Because I am providing you with this notice prior to the commencement of this year's football game on September, 22, 2012," Swarbrick wrote, "there is no liability to Notre Dame for cancelling those games."
              No. 10 Notre Dame (4-0) is in the top 10 for the first time since 2006. Michigan (2-2) started the season No. 8 and has dropped out of the poll after losses to No. 1 Alabama and then the Irish. Both teams have a bye this week.
              Brandon said he hopes to work with Swarbrick on another contract to extend the series.
              "The ball is in their court because they've triggered the three-game notice," he said. "We'll play them next year at Michigan Stadium for the last time in a while -- it appears -- and we'll make our last scheduled trip to South Bend in 2014. There will likely be nothing on the board for five years after that. Beyond that, I don't know what will happen."
              The Wolverines have an NCAA-best .735 winning percentage in football, and the Irish (.732) are second. Michigan leads all-time series 23-16-1.
              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Fuck Notre Dame
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hmm no mention of MSU? Technically there is maybe more history with MSU but UofM is a bigger draw... I gotta figure MSU's fate with ND will be not much different.

Why the hell wouldn't they play UofM? That's just lots of money right there. I think there are some bad choices happening.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Fuck Notre Dame

Comment

• Who knows about the MSU rivalry. I hope it doesn't end but it must be noted its a stronger tie between the two schools than Michigan and ND. Michigan has made rumblings about getting out as well. MSU is dedicated to the rivalry. I wonder how they view the Purdue rivalry. I wouldn't say its known nationally but it is very big in Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        Why the hell wouldn't they play UofM? That's just lots of money right there. I think there are some bad choices happening.
                        This has NOTHING to do with money, and EVERYTHING to do with pride.

It's for the same reason Notre Dame shunned the Big Ten time after time after time. It's all about proving the Big Ten needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs the Big Ten.

Comment

• (yawn)

Comment

• I take that back, fuck Notre Dame and Michigan should have dumped them first! I think Bo would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              This has NOTHING to do with money, and EVERYTHING to do with pride.

It's for the same reason Notre Dame shunned the Big Ten time after time after time. It's all about proving the Big Ten needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs the Big Ten.
                              So MSU and Purdue should be expecting their letters soon?
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Uniforms are kinda a big deal for me, this is again from Brian.

Uniforms are supposed to be, you know, what's that word… the same. Adidas is still not executing this task, apparently: Piping: it's just all over the place man. Also, Washington's missing his block M. What the hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X