U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Because of the former part. They cut themselves off from a lot of the prospective pool by insisting that Michigan is a "final stop." They need someone who can turn the program around. If that means that coach jumps ship in 5 years to go the NFL, so fucking what? You can demand loyalty once you're back at the top, not when you're a second rate program.

And on top of that, the pay scale increase is VERY recent, especially for the assistants (in fact, that started with Hoke, if I remember correctly).
    Meh, the foundation of the Wolverines team has the #7 (2012) and #5 (2013) recruiting classes in the country and they have top coordinators to boot. The Rich-Rod era is fully purged from the team.

Be it a "loyalist" or a "mercenary" HC, that's about as much as you can expect from any HC to turn around a program immediately. In the end it's up to the players on the field.

Is he the guy going forward? That's another story altogether. This is the 21st century and HC's usually have short leashes.

Comment

• The Clapper needs to go. He's SHIT!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It is unbelievable how far the wolverines have dropped, they are an absolute joke. Very sad with the History of Michigan football.

BTW the season is over, it is done, you don't lose to Notre Dame 31-0 if you are a good team.
        Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
          The Clapper needs to go. He's SHIT!!!
          Yep, this is the culmination of this goof's program to date a 31-0 blowout on National TV? I think its safe to say this was coaching hire failure #2, now its just a matter of when hire #3 gets his 5 years to F--- up this program. Gotta be proud, especially in one of the worst conferences in college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            The Clapper needs to go. He's SHIT!!!
            That's a fact, next we can cue in the usual internal BS political soap opera stars and villians called "Michigan Man" part III AKA the Lloyd Carr faction vs. the Alumni faction vs. the AD faction vs. School President faction vs. who Les Miles recommends vs. an on and on and on!!!

Comment

• The entire "Michigan Man" myth is the biggest problem.

Comment

• The UM football team is a fraud. Maybe go .500. Fire Hoke now. Offense defence and special teams suck.
                Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• They tried to get away from the entire "Michigan Man" with the hiring if Rich Rod, who tried to bring a style of play to the Big Ten that would never hold up over the course of an entire physical Big Ten season anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                    They tried to get away from the entire "Michigan Man" with the hiring if Rich Rod, who tried to bring a style of play to the Big Ten that would never hold up over the course of an entire physical Big Ten season anyway.
                    Rich Rod was a panic move, really. After being spurred by several people Martin felt he had to get a name, ANY name. Rich Rod wasn't particularly wanted by ANYONE... and it showed from Day 1.

Michigan wasn't used to someone telling them "No." It was a culture shock, and one that I don't think they've adjusted to yet. I think that's why they went with the "safe" bet in Hoke, someone who they knew wasn't going to turn them down and would at least be tolerable by both factions inside Ann Arbor.

Comment

• I thought Michigan might lose last night but I never dreamed of that big an ass-whooping.

Comment

• Got to be honest here, I'd feel a helluva lot worse about this 31-0 loss if ND put up more than 280 yards of offense and didn't get multiple 1st downs handed to them via Michigan penalties and a shitload of turnovers.

Michigan imploded more than ND kicked their ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          Got to be honest here, I'd feel a helluva lot worse about this 31-0 loss if ND put up more than 280 yards of offense and didn't get multiple 1st downs handed to them via Michigan penalties and a shitload of turnovers.

Michigan imploded more than ND kicked their ass.
                          Along with the usual 4-6 turnovers.

Comment

• I just hope the return of Peppers and Taylor makes a difference. That and Dave Brand-on getting fired so a good coach search can happen if Brady Hoke can't prove he's not the football version of Tommy Amaker.

Comment

• Angry UofM fan posted on deadspin

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAU3aBnz56A#t=41"]angry michigan fan - YouTube[/ame]
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X