No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The small defensive players that Rich Rod recruited screwed us for years. Worst hire ever. Hoke isn't far behind but it all should be over soon.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      I've heard (from my Dad) some interesting names for Hoke's replacement (if Hoke is fired).
      John Harbaugh, Tyrone Wheatley, Kevin Sumlin.

John Harbaugh - seems to good to be true... but if the Ravens miss the playoffs & with all of the Ray Rice stuff... maybe John loves Michigan enough to leave the NFL.

Tyrone Wheatley - a Michigan guy that is moving up the coaching ranks. I'm not sure what he would bring, but he did go to U of M.

Kevin Sumlin - if Michigan offers a lot of $$$.
      I believe Hokes replacement is already on the roster.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• B1G Defensive players tend to be bigger faster more "pro ready" than say,Mac or Sun Belt or wherever the fuck Dick Rod came from....you need a pro style offense to counter.
        More bullshit. Look at which conferences are putting the most players in the NFL. I'll give you a hint. The Big Ten is not one of them.

Teams that run the spread aren't getting beaten because of their style of offense in the Big Ten. They are getting beaten because that don't have any talent.
        Last edited by CGVT; September 21, 2014, 07:55 AM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Who? The OC?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yup.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Honest to goodness.. I'd make a run at Jim Tressel. His hate for Michigan wouldn't bring him there but I'd try.
              Yea I wanted Purdue to sign him.
              Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              If Dave Brandon keeps his job, that wouldn't surprise me.

Unless Nussmeier is a great recruiter (& there are more things he should be great at), I don't see why he should get the job. He doesn't have experience as a head coach. Alabama is better on offense with Lane Kiffin calling plays... and Michigan has only scored 3 points vs ND + Utah. Borges could manage to score more points with Gardner at QB.
              Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 21, 2014, 07:56 AM.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Borges also had an All American LT and better talent on the OL. Nussmeier is dealing with garbage on that OL.

I'd be okay letting him take over and see how it goes. Hoke has gotta go
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Borges also had an All American LT and better talent on the OL. Nussmeier is dealing with garbage on that OL.

I'd be okay letting him take over and see how it goes. Hoke has gotta go
                  The LT & RT were better in 2013. Michigan has a better LG, C, & RG this season, but a worse RT & LT.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    More bullshit. Look at which conferences are putting the most players in the NFL. I'll give you a hint. The Big Ten is not one of them.

Teams that run the spread aren't getting beaten because of their style of offense in the Big Ten. They are getting beaten because that don't have any talent.
                    So you're saying Rich Rod should have been hired by an SEC school and he would have been successful??
                    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      The LT & RT were better in 2013. Michigan has a better LG, C, & RG this season, but a worse RT & LT.
                      regardless.. they all suck

its time for change
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And I never said the B1G is putting the most defensive players in the NFL...I said it was the style of defense every B1G team uses....
                        The B1G is a more physical D
                        Last edited by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown; September 21, 2014, 08:27 AM.
                        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown View Post
                          So you're saying Rich Rod should have been hired by an SEC school and he would have been successful??
                          He's done more at Arizona than Hoke has done at Michigan... well, than Hoke has done at Michigan without RichRod's players, I should say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown View Post
                            He seems to be doing well now. Auburn won the SEC and played in the National Championship game running a spread. It is about talent, especially at the skill positions. With very few exceptions, the Big Ten doesn't have it

Originally posted by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown View Post
                            And I never said the B1G is putting the most defensive players in the NFL...I said it was the style of defense every B1G team uses....
                            The B1G is a more physical D
                            That is a myth. They are not more physical than anyone else. The Big Ten teams are getting their asses handed to them out of conference. They are getting out quicked and out physicaled.
                            Last edited by DanO; September 21, 2014, 11:11 AM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              He's done more at Arizona than Hoke has done at Michigan... well, than Hoke has done at Michigan without RichRod's players, I should say.
                              wow...he beat Cal on a hail mary....Cal went 1-11 last year.

I'm not a Hoke supporter either.

Comment

• I do believe had RichRod been given an honest chance without being actively sabotaged at every turn by two distinct camps propagating the "Michigan Man" myth and bitter that their chosen successor was rebuffed that Rodriguez would be competing for the conference championship at this point.

Now bear in mind, that's not particularly saying much, because the B1G T2N (or however they logo themselves now) is pure shit. But the slack Hoke keeps getting even now infuriates me. Hoke has been the worst coach for Michigan since Bump Elliot, and it's not even close.

Yes, even worse than RichRod, at least RichRod has the excuse that the whole damn school sought to ruin him from Day 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X