Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    I hear this bullshit all the time.

Why the fuck is a plodding, between the tackles offense necessary for the Big Ten?

The fucking Big Ten is horrid. There is no style necessary to be the best team in a collection of shitty teams.

That though process perpetuates the unfounded belief that the Big Ten is relevant

This isn't 1980

The Big Ten's style is to suck.

Let's not hire a coach that may do something to try to change that. We ne to hire a coach that will coach to the Big Ten's "style".

Stupid fucking premise

Fuck
    Agree completely!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Rich Rod brought on his lack of support from supporters himself.

In his interview after he was hired, he was asked how will it feel to be coaching in the Michigan - Ohio State game, one of the most revered rivalries in college football?

His response?

It will be just another football game on the schedule.

I know he turned me off with that statement.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

He seems to be doing well now. Auburn won the SEC and played in the National Championship game running a spread. It is about talent, especially at the skill positions. With very few exceptions, the Big Ten doesn't have it

That is a myth. They are not more physical than anyone else. The Big Ten teams are getting their asses handed to them out of conference. They are getting out quicked and out physicaled.
        --------------------------------Yep and Yep. That's why I was for the RichRod hire. The B1G doesn't have the market cornered on how to win like they think and like many of their fans think. They are getting their asses handed to them by these so called inferior teams with inferior schemes and have been for sometime.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Rich Rod brought on his lack of support from supporters himself.

In his interview after he was hired, he was asked how will it feel to be coaching in the Michigan - Ohio State game, one of the most revered rivalries in college football?

His response?

It will be just another football game on the schedule.

I know he turned me off with that statement.
          Oh please.

LLloyd Carr was actively sabotaging RichRod's roster before he was officially announced. Granted, he would have done the same to Les Miles, but that's beside the point.

As for OSU/U-M? So what? Hate to break it to you, but that rivalry game has been irrelevant for a LONG time. It IS just another game at this point, and not even a particularly entertaining one.

Wolvy needs to stop living in the past. Then again, the past is all Wolvy's got at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Borges also had an All American LT and better talent on the OL. Nussmeier is dealing with garbage on that OL.

I'd be okay letting him take over and see how it goes. Hoke has gotta go
            didn't Hoke bring in a gaggle of 4 & 5 star lineman a few years ago?
            Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              I do believe had RichRod been given an honest chance without being actively sabotaged at every turn by two distinct camps propagating the "Michigan Man" myth and bitter that their chosen successor was rebuffed that Rodriguez would be competing for the conference championship at this point.

Now bear in mind, that's not particularly saying much, because the B1G T2N (or however they logo themselves now) is pure shit. But the slack Hoke keeps getting even now infuriates me. Hoke has been the worst coach for Michigan since Bump Elliot, and it's not even close.

Yes, even worse than RichRod, at least RichRod has the excuse that the whole damn school sought to ruin him from Day 1.
              Umm, Rich Rod set school history for futility, never had a winning season in the Big 10, was on his way to getting Michigan sanctioned by the NCAA and never beat Ohio St (two of those 3 games they got ran out of the stadium).

He more than earned the right to be run out of Michigan on a rail.

So what the hell has Hoke done to top that? I get it, you don't like Hoke and he's on the hot seat (rightly so - he posted his first losing season in the Big 10 last year - which is unacceptable). But please, Rich Rod stunk up the joint to EPIC proportions. It's not even close.

Comment

He seems to be doing well now. Auburn won the SEC and played in the National Championship game running a spread. It is about talent, especially at the skill positions. With very few exceptions, the Big Ten doesn't have it

That is a myth. They are not more physical than anyone else. The Big Ten teams are getting their asses handed to them out of conference. They are getting out quicked and out physicaled.
                a mediocre Big 10 team in Indiana ... just beat an SEC team yesterday that was in the conference championship last year (Mizzou)

If Wiscy's coaching staff didn't go full retard then Wisconsin handles LSU a couple of weeks ago as well.

The BIGGEST myth is that the SEC is vastly superior. They are not.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

The Big Ten is horrid. Saying otherwise is foolish
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Before yesterday...

What's more disturbing than the Big Ten's record this week, and what has much more impact on the national level, is how the Big Ten has fared against other Power 5 conferences. This is the era of the College Football Playoff in which you not only have to win games, but impress a selection committee while doing so.

And after Saturday the Big Ten finds itself with a 1-10 record against Power 5 opponents.

The only win the conference can claim against a Power 5 school comes from one of its newest members, Rutgers' 41-38 win over Washington State in Week 1.

And it's not just the Power 5 schools giving the Big Ten problems. I mentioned Ohio State and Michigan's wins earlier, and those two victories helped the Big Ten improve to 5-3 against the MAC this season.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• well they were 13-1 yesterday .... didn't beat anyone of significance however.

They did suffer a brutal week 2 weeks ago.

Obviously I'm slightly biased, but I think MSU can hang with anyone in the country. I was at the Oregon game and despite the final score that was a ball game. It simply got away from them in the last few moments.

MSU
                      Nebraska
                      Wisconsin
                      Ohio State (not as much w/o Miller)

Those teams matchup just fine with

Georgia
                      Alabama
                      LSU
                      Auburn

I give the SEC the edge but it's not like they wouldn't all be good games.
                      Forever One!

Comment

• LSU isn't all that, Mississippi State repeatedly slapped them in the mouth yesterday. A couple of late scores by LSU made that game look a helluva lot closer than it really was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          Umm, Rich Rod set school history for futility, never had a winning season in the Big 10, was on his way to getting Michigan sanctioned by the NCAA and never beat Ohio St (two of those 3 games they got ran out of the stadium).

He more than earned the right to be run out of Michigan on a rail.

So what the hell has Hoke done to top that? I get it, you don't like Hoke and he's on the hot seat (rightly so - he posted his first losing season in the Big 10 last year - which is unacceptable). But please, Rich Rod stunk up the joint to EPIC proportions. It's not even close.
                          Despite having a roster completely gutted before he even had the chance to talk to them, the Wolverines got better each and every year under RichRod. So improved that Hoke took RichRod's players to a BCS game his first year as coach.

Hoke has steadily driven that progress straight into the ground, his teams getting progressively worse each and every year. So yeah, I value improvement more than decay. Hoke < Rodriguez.

Comment

• I'm not sticking up for Hoke, but Rodriguez started with 3 wins. Hard not to improve on that. His best season equaled Hoke's worst - 7 wins. On the other hand Hoke's teams look more pathetic each season. If Brandon keeps him, he may just "achieve" that 3 win season.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Despite having a roster completely gutted before he even had the chance to talk to them, the Wolverines got better each and every year under RichRod. So improved that Hoke took RichRod's players to a BCS game his first year as coach.

Hoke has steadily driven that progress straight into the ground, his teams getting progressively worse each and every year. So yeah, I value improvement more than decay. Hoke < Rodriguez.
                              Hoke did what Rich Rod couldn't do with his own players, I get that.....

In fact, that was Rich Rod's problem - he wasn't patient enough to get the most out of what he inherited until he got his own players in place. He tried to square peg - round hole things.

Hoke may not be the guy to take the Wolverines forward, but he was FAR, FAR better than Rich Rod was at Michigan. Rich Rod simply couldn't win in 3 years.

Added: Rich Rod was the reason there was the exodus before he came, because he was inflexible. He was going to run his offense come hell or high water, and a lot of the guys he inherited simply didn't fit that mold.
                              Last edited by Fraquar; September 21, 2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Added: Rich Rod was the reason there was the exodus before he came, because he was inflexible. He was going to run his offense come hell or high water, and a lot of the guys he inherited simply didn't fit that mold.
                                LLloyd Carr offered transfers to anyone before RichRod even was confirmed as the coach, much less before RichRod had the chance to talk to them.

Don't feed me that "inflexible" bullshit. He never had the chance to prove otherwise.

Hoke had all the slack, and his teams have decayed. RichRod was bent over from Day 0, and steadily brought the team back.

Hoke < RichRod. You can hate that all you want, doesn't make it less true.

Comment

Working...
                                X