No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They got to the playoffs with SACKUS and ROLLOVER -G- and Detroit's offense is not why the Saints beat them.
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Then and only then, MAYBE, the Lions can expect to contend for the big title.
      I'd give them the MAYBE once they upgrade a few of the defensive back 7
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
        They got to the playoffs with SACKUS and ROLLOVER -G- and Detroit's offense is not why the Saints beat them.
        No running game is key as to why teams can and will beat the Lions in any big game.

You don't want to say it or admit it but its still the same old problem in Motown and the named characters are at the heart of it.

And pssssssst...the NFL has tape on the new Lions O and the good teams will dissect them as they did late in the season last year.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• No running game isn't all on the OL - when Best went down, so did our running threat until Kevin Smith lasted two games.

Let's see what happens this year assuming all three are healthy and fully contribute.
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• That's where we differ (A LOT), I don't need to see another year.

The same two POS's will be another year older, slower and just as bad (which is not good).

Without them gone, the running game will never be able to make the Lions O plans balanced.

A game or two here and there where an individual player gets some yards does not mean the Lions have a run game.

In the big, tough, late season games against top talent, you have to be able to rush when necessary. Successfully not occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by SloMotion View Post
              ... they won 12 games (plus a playoff game) back in '91, that was a pretty 'great' season, eh? :D
              That was about all I could say for my team when I joined this board, except the Saints had a whole two playoff wins. Slo, umm, your handle looks really familiar. Are you undercover here at this board ... or umm...at the other one?

Comment

• Just saw the name of the newest person to join...."LionsWinNextYear" ?

Does this mean it's going to be a 0-16 season this year?
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan_Saintsfan View Post
                  That was about all I could say for my team when I joined this board, except the Saints had a whole two playoff wins. Slo, umm, your handle looks really familiar. Are you undercover here at this board ... or umm...at the other one?
                  No dude, it's me, :-D ... no undercover/secret squirrel stuff, I use the same userid wherever I go. AsylumGuido referred me to this place.
                  This space intentionally left blank

Comment

• Guido didn't mislead you. This is a pretty decent group of people here.

Comment

• ....................except for Frank.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• ...............and DanO
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Ya. Him too.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            Then that would be a relative measure. You're comparing them in relation to recent years.

For absolute great you get in the discussion with the Perfect Fins, A couple of the Niner teams, The monsters of the midway Bears, At least a couple of Steeler teams..... you get the drift
                            Relative perhaps Mr. G, Superbowls and Championship success would be a nice guage if the Lions were running off 10 win seasons year after year, but defining for now at least "Great" for this group of Lions are season of winning 10 games.

Perhaps there will come a time when this Lions team is measured by Championships.

Comment

• 9 and 10 win seasons were not good enough in 2000 and they still aren't today.

The term great does not qualify even at your low bar level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                9 and 10 win seasons were not good enough in 2000 and they still aren't today.

The term great does not qualify even at your low bar level.
                                There was a time not so long ago that I would've agreed that 9 and 10 wins sucked but after what we'd suffered during the Millen Era everything after the day he got canned is great.

Don't get me wrong here, I want them to be Super Champs as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X