No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step son and his fiance went to Mexico to attend a wedding and left their puppy with us while they were away for a week. While there they got Covid and his stay with us turned into 3 weeks. He was a bit of a challenge being a pup and all but it was fun having him around. This picture was after we walked him on the Newburgh Lake trail. His name is Bo.

Screenshot_20220901-175413_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by edindetroit; September 22, 2022, 08:24 PM.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Mine is great, hardly noticable.
      Wow! Really?

We've had two. And both left hair everywhere. Our first was black. We lived in Key West and all of our floors were white tile. It was a bitch to keep up with it.. We had to get yellow this time. The hair is still there, but it is less noticeable, Ha!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• My first was a black lab too. He had some of the underfur like you said, and shed a lot more. Weirdly, the only black dog in the litter when I went to check out an ad for black lab pups.

This guy is a pureblood papered chocolate lab. It just sort of happened, not that I made a thing of getting that. It might be because there is nothing mixed in that he has that different coat. I got him from an amish farm actually.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Tons of energy, Ed.

I take Boone on a walk/jog every morning. He jogs and I ride my beach cruiser pedallt bike around. We spend about a half hour each morning, probably about 3 miles or so. My wife takes him to the dog park and then for a walk every day after work. It seems to work pretty well to temper the energy and he's in great shape, but as he gets older he likes to sleep more, same as me.

Now that the tourists have dwindled a bit, I get him to the beach every now and then.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            My first was a black lab too. He had some of the underfur like you said, and shed a lot more. Weirdly, the only black dog in the litter when I went to check out an ad for black lab pups.

This guy is a pureblood papered chocolate lab. It just sort of happened, not that I made a thing of getting that. It might be because there is nothing mixed in that he has that different coat. I got him from an amish farm actually.
            Yeah ours is AKC registered too.

We've lived in the south for both dogs, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows?

Comment

• Huh. Yeah, I dunno. He's 3 and I can't recall a shedding 'event' like I've seen with other dogs I've had too.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Atlas hardly shed at all, which is incredible for a Golden Retriever. Jack was shedding horribly - you just barely touched him and you'd have a handful of his fur!! We started him on Zyrtec (Allertec, actually) and he hardly sheds anymore. Just throwing that out there in case it helps someone.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                  Step son and his fiance went to Mexico to attend a wedding and left their puppy with us while they were away for a week. While there they got Covid and his stay with us turned into 3 weeks. He was a bit of a challenge being a pup and all but it was fun having him around. This picture was after we walked him on the Newburgh Lake trail. His name is Bo.

Screenshot_20220901-175413_Chrome.jpg
                  Awww, your son is lucky to have you available to doggy sit!! Newburgh Lake trail isn't too far from us.
                  Last edited by -Deborah-; September 24, 2022, 03:46 PM.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Shed quite a bit. They have an undercoat and and have a major shedding event twice a year as well. A brush is a necessity.
                    Aye, but can he undercoat a shed yet?
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• SIL's dog Toby checking out the board with me.

FB_IMG_1668284773486.jpg
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Toby is adorable!! 😍😍
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hoping some of you dog lovers appreciate this. This is my brother in law with his dog Nacho yesterday. I couldn’t believe it. Both Simon & Nacho are a couple of incredible dudes. 👌👏👏👏👏
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Nacho is a very good boy!! But that trail, wowee!! Well done. I would have been found with my face in a tree.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Marko, if you surround your You Tube link with VIDEO codes, it will embed the video into the message you post. See screenshot below. (You can also use the Video button in the Advanced Editor.)

ScreenshotVideo.png
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ah, right. Cheers Deborah. 👌 I did wonder how to do it but didn’t want to ask.

defo looks better than a dodgy link.
                                cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X