No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a neat job on the tatt Marko (or is that Edinburgh Tattoo!!, nice bright colours too. You do know that somewhere in Phildelphia a troll is rubbing his hands though!!!
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Is Marko now more of an uber fan than most of us?

How many in here have any Lions tats on their body?

I don't, though I suspect Cat might.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        That's sweet, Marko. I'm sure that will bring about many a conversation. "What the fuck is that on your leg dude?" LOL
        LOL!! Pretty sure that ^ comment was not there last time I posted. I wouldve commented. Probably spot on, DanO. It'll be some French or Italian dude while on holiday next year....., "Monsieur, how do I say, what eez the fuck eez thees on your leg?" Italian for jester is "jolly" so I'm fairly confident someone will say "Ah jolly leone?"

Have you been to the Edinburgh Tattoo, Dean? I always remember asking an old guy in a pub in Dartford if he'd been to the Edinburgh Tattoo....., he said, "No. But I do have a little Tartan drummer doll in a plastic tube." I laughed my ass off. Hope that guy is still alive....., he will be late 80's now.

I think this guy is "The uber fan"

My God that must've hurt on those ribs.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Hmm. Since this is the family thread, let me ask a question. I'm at my folks and my sister in law and my bro seem a bit harsh with their 21 month old (and the dogs too). He says they believe in a stern approach to discipline. This usually involves yelling angrily at the offending mammal and seemingly for a while after the transgression has occurred. Prefacing everything with the "This is their family" understanding, does this seem early in a child's life to spend a lot of time dressing the kid down? I know the dogs are being corrected after their attention span. Any comments?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• 21 months is a difficult time for both parents and child.

They call them the terrible twos.

The child is learning he/she is independent and his/her actions produce a reaction on the parents. The are very inquisitive and do not yet have the foundation to what is right and what is wrong.

Some parents let them run roughshod over them some do not.

I have learned that yelling at a child does not usually produce positive results.

Toddlers can be corrected without yelling or corporal punishment but it requires a lot of time and patience from the parents.

Yelling is usually a result of anger for undesired behavior.

I have learned the best method is when undesired behavior takes place, distract the youngin with a desired activity.

I will admit however, a toddler screaming his head off is difficult to distract. One has to learn why the screaming is taking place and attempt to remedy it. (......and that does not mean give them what ever they want, it means if they are not in pain, hungry, or sitting in a dirty diaper, face to face attention and lots of smiles and hugs usually will calm them down)
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yeah, I get your drift and that's what I thought. The deal with SIL is she does it all without budging from her seat. She goes harsh over little things. I didn't say anything. It was just annoying to be around it.

Comment

• i spent 6 hours with a set of 17 mos old triplets last night (children of my 1st cousin, so the kids are my 2nd cousins) that were highly energetic and I do not know how my cuz n his wife stay so calm. They handled the kids screams and tantrums with nothing but the utmost calm (covering maybe 2 meltdowns all night between all of em-one of them was during the second time thru of silent night making me want lose it as well).

Point being, overall parent temperment and guidance behavior appears to be a highly influential factor in the childs mannerisms.

Sounds great and works for many. But there are other tried and true ways that work as well. None of the styles should include any abuse. There is a clear line.
                Last edited by Panoptes; December 25, 2013, 11:12 PM.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I am on the stern side of the parenting scale, but screaming your head off like an idiot is not the best approach. I have always been a believer in the softer tone, with a hard inflection. Let the kids know that their behavior is unacceptable, and that I am the one in charge here, and if you piss me off, there will be hell to pay. My kids have yet to really challenge me past a stern talking to, they know where the line in the sand is.
                  AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                  2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                  3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                  4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                  5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                  6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                  7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• This little girl isn't 2 yet and they alredy are just a string of no's in increasing volume and harshness.

Comment

• Not sure where to post this.. Whether its in the birthday thread or here but my girlfriend and I just had a baby girl!!!!

Was that close to a New years baby
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Not sure where to post this.. Whether its in the birthday thread or here but my girlfriend and I just had a baby girl!!!!

Was that close to a New years baby
                        Congrats!!
                        AAL Quintez Cephus
                        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• OMG! Congrats papa!
                          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Congratulations!!!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• she gots a name? How much did she weigh?

Comment

• Congrats!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X