No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a really nice photo of you, Marko!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
      nice pic wings fan....are those your sisters?

SLF it is so great to get an image of someone i have talked and really respected for so many years. I trust everything is back to normal with the family. BTW how tall are you?
      Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
      I had the same thought Cat. It must make for an imposing presence in the courtroom.

SLF, are you available to slide into the left tackle spot?

Nice pic Wingfan. And, somewhat of an optical illusion. The windows seem to suggest a sharp corner, but the cabinetry cuts it off and yet I don't see a sharp edge to make the transition. I've done a fair amount of finish carpentry so it caught my eye.
      Thanks gents, the picture must be an optical illusion because the street is sloping downward pretty sharply. I'm just about 6'...although I almost weigh enough to play OLine...

also, thanks for asking Cat. Things are slowly shaping into what they will be, but at least the shock is mostly over.

and Marko? Contaminating your beautiful country with those horrible Michigan State colors? smh....
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Thst's great news SLF....Great indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          1) Was in Glasgow for the weekend with the wife. We saw a pipes and drum band play on one of the citys main streets, Buchanan Street. Just had to capture a picture of one of the pipers......., looked like CGVT from a distance.

2) Absolutely Feck all like CGVT and I've got a feeling he will kick my sorry arse when we meet one day.

3) I know most of you are probably UofMers, but here is a pic of me on saturday, wearing the Michigan State Spartans T....., (fantastic green colour is that)...., and raising a pint of Becks to you all. Thats actually the beginning of the 5th pint, and well on the road to happiness in that photo. Cheers Y'All.
          Those dudes on the sidewalk in your first pick Detective Marko look like they should be playing at the arrivals gate in an airport. Great tip money.

Comment

• Thanks CGVT & Deborah.

SLF......, 'Mon the Spartans!.... :-D

Cat......, they were scruffy looking bstds indeed......, but believe me, they were awesome. They'll definitely be at the Edinburgh Festival this year. I'd pay to go see them.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              1) Was in Glasgow for the weekend with the wife. We saw a pipes and drum band play on one of the citys main streets, Buchanan Street. Just had to capture a picture of one of the pipers......., looked like CGVT from a distance.

2) Absolutely Feck all like CGVT and I've got a feeling he will kick my sorry arse when we meet one day.

3) I know most of you are probably UofMers, but here is a pic of me on saturday, wearing the Michigan State Spartans T....., (fantastic green colour is that)...., and raising a pint of Becks to you all. Thats actually the beginning of the 5th pint, and well on the road to happiness in that photo. Cheers Y'All.
              Lol. Nice picture of you, but Spartan green is not a fantastic green color. It's one of the ugliest shades of green out there. It's too dark. Spartan green was a little better before they decided to darken it up. No offense, Spartans fans. I don't like Packer green or Jets green either.

Comment

• I, of course am very biased, but, hell to the yeah Marko!! Awesome of you to be sporting the Spartan Green T in your neck of the woods! Made my day fo shur!!!

:-D

Comment

• A Wings Fan Sammich!

Excellent to see these pics.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Cat - I've been thinking about Japanese songs, but there aren't really many I listen to. The stuff they put out today is mostly pop music garbage. I can send you a couple of older songs that might work though.

In the mean time, here are a couple pictures from our wedding:

2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• That is awesome LFIJ. Did your wedding take place in Japan or is that picture in the USA?
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That's in Japan, Marko. My parents came over for the ceremony. The second picture is before the wedding when we were trying on the different clothes.

Comment

• You are just a younger model of your dad eh? You guys are so alike in that photo. And your mother is identical to my mothers friend, Isabelle. Sorry, everyone has to look like someone to me....., I annoy many people with it. Can your father or mother in law speak English....., and could both sets of parents communicate at the wedding?

Comment

• Kimiko's dad will use some English words on occasion (all Japanese people have to study English at school), but no they can't really communicate with each other. I'm always the de facto translator when my parents come to Japan.

The first time was pretty hilarious as the fathers were drinking, and I spent two hours translating "this sake is good, isn't it?" "yes, it is." over and over again.

Comment

• And then was it Japan's greatest ever invention after that LFIJ......, Karaoke?!! That's a great language barrier cure.

I attended a wedding about 5 or 6 years ago....., a buddy married a Senegalese woman......, she was a student and she had many student friends so there were many nationalities at this wedding. Limited conversation etc......, until they cracked open the Karaoke!! What a night that turned out to be. I ended up getting absolutely rat-arsed and doing "paradise by dashboard light" by Meatloaf with this girl from Ghana. Great memories.

Comment

• Wow LFIJ very cool. So how did you meet your wife, and how long have you guys been married?
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X