No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've done both, I've lost weight both ways. The best diet is the one you can stick with.

Comment

• "I've done both, I've lost weight both ways. The best diet is the one you can stick with."
      ----------------------------------------------------YEP!

WOW SLF! Don't think I was the least bit condescending......................or that wasn't my intent. Reading it again I can see where that could be the comprehension. That was/is not my intent. I hope you, and your wife, stay with the program for the rest of your lives. SINCERELY. Whatever works for "YOU" is what you need to do.

I'm just putting out more info. Different things work for different people. Just saying.

Did you read the article?
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I've done both, I've lost weight both ways. The best diet is the one you can stick with.
        That is exactly right.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I read it DanO. I think it's flawed in its explanation but a low carb diet is definitely effective to lose weight.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I agree with Loops as well. Whatever works for YOU! That was my whole reasoning for giving Dan another option. I know his wife is doing it and she's had great success and he hopes to also. Absolutely hope that works. If it doesn't work for him, I'm just throwing out another option.

How is it flawed in it's explanation?...............just out of curiosity. I think it's spot on.
            Last edited by DanO; June 25, 2015, 06:55 PM.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I lost significant weight with a hi carb, lo fat diet. I'm currently not that weight however.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Thanks for the recommendations guys. I have done weight watchers before. It is amazing now. The app lets you scan the foods bar code and boom- it tells you how many points you have in the food. Also 24/7 support is available .

I will slim down, considering I am borderline hypertensive and was told to drop 25 just to lower my blood pressure.

Still beat my 22 year old son (a work out warrior) 20-12 in a one on one basketball game. Good thing my 3 point shot was hitting.....

Comment

• From what I gather with weight watchers now, it is less carbs, higher protein and moderate fat. Fruits and veggies are "free" foods .

I always liked the plan because I can lose with it. (Having the discipline to follow the plan for life is another story).
                  If you hit goal weight you get free support and meetings for life, if you stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight.

Comment

• I've not used the weight watchers app, but that sounds great with the bar code. I use MyFitnessPal and it has the same type of mechanism. The whole smartphone app thing is great because it takes a lot of the work out of it. I used to use a spreadsheet or a journal and it was hard to keep up.

Of course you still have to actually use it 100 percent of the time, that means logging the things you mindlessly eat at 10 PM when the little devil on your shoulder is very persuasive.

For the most part a lot of diets have the same core principles, if you stay away from starches, sugars and flours and you pay attention to portion sizes it does the trick. I'd be interested to know how much DanO actually eats doing the low carb thing, when I was really strict on that, I didn't count calories but I found I didn't eat that much because there is very little to snack on that doesn't have carbs.

Comment

• My eating habits vary from week to week. When I have the kids I eat more carbs and more in general. If I cook something for the kids for dinner I'm going to eat some of it although I only eat a small amount. The week I don't have the kids I pretty much eat meat and vegetables once a day. I started with a three day fast. http://www.allaboutfasting.com/benefits-of-fasting.html

Last night I had a pork chop and asparagus and finished up the last of the strawberries and grapes. Maybe a handful. I won't eat any fruit until the kids come back over. Don't want the sugar associated with fruits. I buy fruit for them and then when they go back to moms I finish up what's left and then go to a once a day meal of meat and a vegetable.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I am so glad that Dano can now legally remarry. My only question is, when you and him get divorced, who gets half the shit and custody of the cats?

J/K - What's up, Dano? Miss you guys.
                        It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• {crickets}

whatup Kansas
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Hey Kansas. Good to see you again.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Kansas sighting. Hey, bud, I saw your dog running up the street the other day.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                We were in Louisville this weekend and ate at a Joe's Crab Shack on the river, their menu's were updated with the calories. The fish and chips were 2200 calories. We went to Louisville, Lexington and Kings Island and I was pretty good. But not good enough if you are trying to lose weight.
                                I get my fish and chips broiled with mash potatoes. (heart smart) kind of. it's delicious don't know the calories but assume it would be better than 2,200

Comment

Working...
                                X