No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singler gives you more than Prince does right now. Prince would be a good depth option if a team needed it, just cause he's a smart player, but they already got Butler and even Cartier or Gigi.

They got good depth at SF, but it's all backup level players right now.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. The problem at the 3 isn't the depth. It's that they lack a quality starter.

Prince at this point is not a quality starter.

Comment

• Was thinking about the Cavs. They've definitely gone all in for a run with Lebron. Imho LBJ is clearly not happy with the coach, no matter what he says. I live in Minneapolis and have said for a few years now that I'm not completely sold on K Love. He's never been in the playoffs. He struggles on D. His stats are still impressive, but down. Imho Blatt was correct this week when he said Love is not yet a max player. Bad forum to say it, but imho it is true.

So.........Cleveland has mortgaged most everything for Lebron. What if he realizes it's not going to happen with the Cavs and he opts out after this season, or perhaps just leaves after next season? Could this even be a final way to slam Gilbert? I doubt it. But it would be really interesting. The city of Cleveland hasn't sniffed a title since the 60's.

Comment

• Love is one of the most overrated players in the league. I have been saying this for years. Plays ZERO defense. None. He put up stats on a crappy team jacking threes from all over floor. He doesnt play winning basketball.

Comment

• It shows you how much you don't know about players and situations. I thought it was a no brainer. I get what King is saying about Love, but big guys who put up points and get rebounds is something you should be able to work with. Basketball is a weird sport for stuff like that, skills are transferrable to different teams but you need to have players willing to fill roles. That trade is starting to look really bad as Wiggins is turning it on and showing stuff that he didn't last year.

Lebron looks like he has a lot of tread worn on the tires.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
              Was thinking about the Cavs. They've definitely gone all in for a run with Lebron. Imho LBJ is clearly not happy with the coach, no matter what he says. I live in Minneapolis and have said for a few years now that I'm not completely sold on K Love. He's never been in the playoffs. He struggles on D. His stats are still impressive, but down. Imho Blatt was correct this week when he said Love is not yet a max player. Bad forum to say it, but imho it is true.
              In my mind K.Love is one of the most overrated players in a long long time.
              http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Pelicans are 0-7 on the road vs Eastern Conference teams and are without Jrue Holiday.
                You would think the Pistons should win today.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Read a comment on another site that suggested Datome going down to GR was to showcase him for a possible trade....If SVG's not gonna play him then might as well move him....possibly 2nd rounder?.

As far as Prince goes, yeah he's done...burnt toast, bald tires....you name it.

Would I like to see him finish in a Pistons uni?...yes...but I don't see him having a bigger role than Butler at this point and he really doesn't fit SVG's system.
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                    Pelicans are 0-7 on the road vs Eastern Conference teams and are without Jrue Holiday.
                    You would think the Pistons should win today.
                    Not sure if Andre is still sick or what, but he didn't show up again. Bubble bursts, for at least one night. Pistons slammed by NO.

Comment

• No energy tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Lebron looks like he has a lot of tread worn on the tires.
                        Plus he did that goofy diet thing this past summer and dropped body mass. Might be backfiring.

Lebron looked 25 when he was 16, and looked 33 when he was 22. I've wondered for years if he used HGH or some other PED's. Maybe the whole vegan thing last summer was a front because he wanted to come off the PED's which resulted in the wt loss. And now without the PED's he is coming back to earth a bit. Probably not, but I have wondered. But I also wonder why french toast is called french toast.

Comment

• Just looked and this was the Pistons' 6th game in 9 days. I know they are professionals and need to push through these stretches, but teams lay and egg every now and then. Andre has been sick and the team's energy is flat out of the gate most games right now. That, and at some point they are going to return to earth a bit. I still fully expect them in the playoffs, barring injury.

Comment

• Fontes I've always been suspicious of LeBron and PEDs also....You nailed it with him looking physically much older than he was........

Comment

• Can we please add Gregg Oden to that mix? That dude looked 60 at 20. So did his knees
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I have long suspected some of the NBA players for HGH use in their youth, namely their high school years. I don't put it past coaches/boosters for supplying players with HGH during their growth phase in their life. It would be easy to give it to a kid and tell him "This will make you taller" each inch = dollars to them.

One of the risks associated is that the tendons don't properly grow to support the growth of the limbs. Your body grows out of proportion, and it leads to major injury risks. Greg Oden looks like a HGH/PED case for sure. Maybe even Testosterone. Cro-magnon brow lines, Full beard.

This is him as a Sr. in High school.
                                1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

Working...
                                X