Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It's astonishing the degree that the "blue collar" fans in Detroit will carry water for the billionaire owners.
    Especially the people that make excuses for the Tigers, as a prime example.

I'm not supporting a trash organization if they're not at the top of their sport, or at least seriously trying to get to that point.

The Detroit Pistons have been totally irrelevant in the NBA for the last 15 seasons, and I don't see them getting better anytime soon.
    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• I woke up at 3 am hoping to see some news of a splash signing or a trade from the Pistons but like you guys I was pretty disappointed. The only thing that let me go back to sleep without being pissed off was that you guys were in here bitching like high school girls. I guess misery loves company.

We know these young guys will be starters next year.

PG: Cade
      SG: Ivey
      SF: Thompson

The Pistons weren't bringing any SF for 100+ mil as they just drafted someone at #5 for that and the backcourt is set. J Grant just resigned for 160 mil to stay in Portland and more than likely the Nets were never letting Johnson walk or he didn't want to in the first place. If we signed another center the entire forum would have lost their minds including myself. The only option is PF where Bojan Bogdanović is sitting. Maybe the Pistons trade him and some of these expiring contracts that we just landed but no one was signing here as there's not really an open starting spot.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Oh it’s disappointing.
        Pistons also traded a future 2nd for Monte Morris last night. So basically, the $30M in cap space netted Monte Morris, Joe Harris, Eugune Omoruyi (non-guaranteed), and one future 2nd RD pick. I think the moves marginally improve the roster short-term. The shooting will be better. However, we’re looking at a ~34-48 season BEST case scenario. It’s another hopeless year of Pistons basketball.

Reminds me of when Al Avila started making trades for players like Travis Demeritte. Ultimately treading water here and not making quality use of assets. Nothing changes from a big picture perspective. Sure, it’s nice to have the potential of prospects like Cunningham, Ivey, Thompson, and Duren. Banking on prospects to develop can be risky because it’s not a guarantee that they will turn into quality players in a few years.​ I hope each of us can understand the history and failures of other Detroit rebuilds. It certainly seems like Troy Weaver is bad at his job. Just imagine where we would be if Weaver had his way in hiring Kevin Ollie as head coach. Woof.​

We need to be careful about giving a GM credit for sitting at a pick and selecting a prospect that any fan would have made. Cade at #1. Ivey at #5. My grandma could have made these same draft picks. Weaver did nothing special with those two assets when it relates to his ability as a GM. Hold him accountable for the hard choices… which has been disappointing outside of maybe Duren.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What position do you think the Pistons should have brought a high dollar free agent in for?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Meanwhile Haliburton signed a huge extension and K Hayes will be shown the door. With the trade for Morris and drafting Sasser it makes him completely expendable.

Bye bye
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's less about the big name free agent than constructing a team better. With those moves they improve the dreadful 3 point shooting, but the defense is terrible. Hayes might be shown his walking papers but he is one of their best perimeter defenders. They still have have 4 centers that can't play with each other. It's a bunch of disparate parts. Try to do a Whitley and project the top 8-9 rotation, it's impossible.

If they start Thompson, they guarantee themselves the high lottery spot again.

Comment

• I'm not even sold they made their 3-point shooting inherently better; it seems to be predicated on a dude who averaged 7 ppg continuing to hit 3's at a 40+% clip when he took about four a game.

Something something small sample sizes.
                Last edited by chemiclord; July 1, 2023, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• I didn't mind the "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" approach Weaver had been doing in Year 1.

This is Year 4, and it's not unreasonable to expect some sort of idea about what he wants this team to look like by now. Instead, he's still throwing shit at the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I would have just rather went after Bruce Brown.
                    He signed with the Pacers for $ 45 million over 2 years. glad to see he finally got paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I woke up at 3 am hoping to see some news of a splash signing or a trade from the Pistons but like you guys I was pretty disappointed. The only thing that let me go back to sleep without being pissed off was that you guys were in here bitching like high school girls. I guess misery loves company.

We know these young guys will be starters next year.

PG: Cade
                      SG: Ivey
                      SF: Thompson

The Pistons weren't bringing any SF for 100+ mil as they just drafted someone at #5 for that and the backcourt is set. J Grant just resigned for 160 mil to stay in Portland and more than likely the Nets were never letting Johnson walk or he didn't want to in the first place. If we signed another center the entire forum would have lost their minds including myself. The only option is PF where Bojan Bogdanović is sitting. Maybe the Pistons trade him and some of these expiring contracts that we just landed but no one was signing here as there's not really an open starting spot.
                      J. Grant signed with Portland: 4 years, $ 106 million. It appears that $ 25MM/year is going to be about the rate for good free agents.

Comment

• I’m not happy either but this is so much different than baseball where you can damned near buy a team. For me I’d have preferred to trade for John Collins and move Bogdanović​
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

J. Grant signed with Portland: 4 years, $ 106 million. It appears that $ 25MM/year is going to be about the rate for good free agents.
                          I read $160M/ 5 years for Jerami Grant.
                          Regardless, kinda funny that Dame just requested a trade. He did his friend (Grant) a solid getting that money first.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lillard requested a trade from Portland. Why in the hell would they sign Grant to that contract if he were leaving? It makes our free agency look way better
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

I read $160M/ 5 years for Jerami Grant.
                              Regardless, kinda funny that Dame just requested a trade. He did his friend (Grant) a solid getting that money first.
                              Beat me to it. I don’t get it
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Every year when the Pistons punt on the off-season beware of the next off-season being better for free agency. People say that every year and as the season goes on potential free agents get extended and the class gets weaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X