No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Marcus has a way better contract. Seriously, that's a damn good deal.

Comment

• They got an ok starting SF for a 2nd round pick in 2020. No big free agents were coming to Detroit. Stan has picked up starting pg, pf and sf for next to nothing. In the weak east they might sneak into the playoffs. Maybe they can get another player for Jennings, or maybe he is instant o off the bench. No albatross contracts at this stage.

Comment

• The Pistons can roll into the playoffs if one of two things happen. Drummond takes a significant step forward. Or Jennings comes back at near 100% of what he was for that glorious month.

Even if those things don't happen, they'll still probably be in the playoff hunt with the improved overall team shooting and another season in SVGs system.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Every team in the East should be better next season except for the Hawks and Raptors IMO.
          Like a company that is cyclical, the stock increases as the rest of the market's stock increases.

The Pistons will be better next season like the rest of the East (except for the two teams I mentioned above). That still could translate to just 30-38 wins and missing the playoffs.

Pistons are kind of in that tier 4 group (based on my projections for next season). Magic, 76ers, and Knicks will be better in 2015/2016 compared to 2014/2015
          Tier 1 - Cavs
          Tier 2 - Bulls, Wizards, Hawks, Bucks
          Tier 3 - Raptors, Pacers, Heat, Celtics
          Tier 4 - Pistons, Nets, Hornets
          Tier 5 - Knicks, 76ers, Magic
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Aron Baynes seems like a good get ... Marcus Morris I don't like, but his contract is ok
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Every team in the East should be better next season except for the Hawks and Raptors IMO.
              Like a company that is cyclical, the stock increases as the rest of the market's stock increases.

The Pistons will be better next season like the rest of the East (except for the two teams I mentioned above). That still could translate to just 30-38 wins and missing the playoffs.

Pistons are kind of in that tier 4 group (based on my projections for next season). Magic, 76ers, and Knicks will be better in 2015/2016 compared to 2014/2015
              Tier 1 - Cavs
              Tier 2 - Bulls, Wizards, Hawks, Bucks
              Tier 3 - Raptors, Pacers, Heat, Celtics
              Tier 4 - Pistons, Nets, Hornets
              Tier 5 - Knicks, 76ers, Magic
              Only the Cavs seem truly elite. Bull's next, but they fired a damn good coach. Maybe the Hawks too, but they lost a good player.

If the Pistons improve they'll make the playoffs. The bar wasn't raised much IMO.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Ill give coach the benefit of the doubt. Id put money on it that we make the playoffs next season.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 8th seed at best. Pistons would need injuries to work in their favor.

Cavs - Obvious lock for playoffs and Eastern Conference Finals.
                  Bulls - Core of D-Rose, Butler, Gasol, Noah, Dunleavy, Gibson, and Mirotic. Top 4 seed.
                  Milwaukee - MCW, Parker, Antetokounmpo, Monroe, and Middleton. Only getting better and better than the Pistons (based on last season and development). Could make case for them being #2 seed.
                  Hawks - Won 60 games last season and are only losing Carroll. Will not miss playoffs.
                  Wizards - Young core of Wall, Beal, and the emerging Otto Porter. Won't miss playoffs.
                  Heat - Dragic, Wade, and Bosh? Much better than Pistons.
                  Pacers - An actual superstar in Paul George with Monte Ellis and George Hill.
                  Celtics - Better coach than SVG with Brad Stevens and a roster that is back + Carroll. Only getting better because of youth.

I didn't even include the Raptors or Nets... I don't think the Pistons can jump any of those teams. There is no proof of that much improvement to say the Pistons' off season improvements will better any of those other teams. A lot of teams also have youth and have better youth.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The bucks have quite possibly the worst shooting team in the NBA. But they're fun to watch, I guess? Good defensively, though.

Tough to see them winning a ton of games when they have one guy in their starting 5 that can hit an open 3.

The Bulls just lost their coach, replaced him with an imbecile and derrick Rose is aging 5 years every month. Pau isn't getting any younger either. Butler is really good but not a superstar.

Demare Carroll didn't even sign with the celtics. You don't even know what players are on what teams...lol

You're trying really hard to convince people the east isn't still crap. It's crap. No superstars jumped over from out west. It's as wide open as it ever is after cleveland. In fact the other top two teams (Atlanta, chicago) got older and weaker. Maybe other teams jump up to displace them, but nobody knows who that's going to be. Could be the Pistons, could not be.

The bucks are set up for a disappointing season. They'll be the hot pick with monroe until people realize their PG can't shoot, their SF shoots even worse, their C has no range and their choice of PFs is an athletic tweener with a torn knee and limited range, or a stringbean shot blocker with limited range.

If Khris Middleton develops into a paul George type superstar that can carry them offensively, sure. But that would be an even bigger leap than the one he made already.

As for indiana, they got paul George back and signed a declining monta ellis, which is still great for them. David West deserted them and roy hibbert can't wait to get out. They have no frontline at all right now. They don't even have a power forward on their roster. Myles Turner is a nice prospect but he's years away from being ready.

You know what the Pistons need to make the playoffs? they don't need other guys to get hurt, they need to stay healthy.
                    Last edited by Kstat; July 3, 2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• The MCWs and Middleton that like to take the ball into the paint may find that more difficult now with Mr Monroe clogging it up....Its an interesting mix of players but one that I can see failing just as easily as succeeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                        The MCWs and Middleton that like to take the ball into the paint may find that more difficult now with Mr Monroe clogging it up....Its an interesting mix of players but one that I can see failing just as easily as succeeding.
                        Middleton is a shooter.
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Speaking of shooters, I wish we'd have raped sac for Stauskis. He'd have killed it in SVG system
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                            Middleton is a shooter.
                            The handful of games I saw him he took a few into the paint and shot from about 10 feet....Now you're right he will probably be on the perimeter most of the time.....

Comment

• Stanley is looking GREAT in his Summer League debut. Dinwiddie...well, he looks more muscular.

Comment

• More deets on SJ
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X