Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    Stanley Johnson may be one of the most well spoken, articulate 19 year old pros I've ever heard. His IQ is off the charts for his age.
    Man crush?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Just an observation. He's way ahead of the usual rookie learning curve, and he's only 19.

Comment

• I thought your IQ was a relative constant? Amiright?
        Forever One!

Comment

• Spurs had to withdraw Corey Joseph's qualify offer (to sign some player to a max contract...). He was pretty good in a backup PG roll last year. What do the pistons have left in cap space? Probably a whole lot since Jackson isn't signed yet right?
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• But with Jackson, Jennings, and Dinwiddie, is Cory Joseph a fit?
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Two of those guys may be gone by October. Jennings by trade and dinwiddie by lack of talent.

Comment

• But Cory Joseph will likely join another team by October. Pistons don't have much cap space right now too.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Reggie signs for 5/80. Good for him. Hopefully he improves his shot. I like his leadership, intensity and confidence.

Comment

• I like RJ but these contracts are getting crazy. Understood that the cap will significantly be raised in the upcoming years and this will look like chump change but its a lot for someone that hasn't proven themselves IMO
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hard to say, really. He looked amazing in the 1-4 offense during the 4-week stretch where monroe was out. He certainly proved he could play off of andre Drummond.

Yes it's a very long deal for a very small sample size, but that's all we had him here for.
                      Last edited by Kstat; July 6, 2015, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        But Cory Joseph will likely join another team by October. Pistons don't have much cap space right now too.
                        Joseph to the Raptors for 4 years, 30 mil. That's a lot for a back-up.

BTW-Stanley has looked nothing but awesome in Summer League so far. Today, he plays against Winslow at 5pm. Must see TV!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                          ...David West deserted them...
                          I know he doesn't have as much left in the tank, but west would be a good player next to AD. He can consistently hit that elbow jumper and he has always been good on the boards. He is an above average defender who does a good job of staying in front of his guy too.

IMO, If it is not too much it would be worth a flier on him.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Speaking of shooters, I wish we'd have raped sac for Stauskis. He'd have killed it in SVG system
                          I agree
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• As far as Johnson, he has looked well. He seems to be in control and defends well. He needs some work on his shot (EVERY ROOKIE DOES) and finishing around the rim, but you can see this kid will be fine.

At worst, he will be a pro for 10-20 yrs who will do the intangibles to help teams be successful. At best, if he works on those things and masters them, he could be someone that helps lead the stones to the ECF.

Time will tell, but I am greatly encouraged at this point. But, it's summer league. There's only so much you should be getting out of this. I just like that he makes an impact when he is in the game.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• pANDs the Pistons need to work with these bigs (if they are going to be with the team in any capacity) on pick-and-roll defense and setting a pick

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                As far as Johnson, he has looked well. He seems to be in control and defends well. He needs some work on his shot (EVERY ROOKIE DOES) and finishing around the rim, but you can see this kid will be fine.
                                It's only been two games but I think he's made everything he's put up inside of 8-feet. He's been using his body to create space and doing it quite well.

Comment

Working...
                                X