No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJ had 13 PTS (5-8 shooting), 4 REBs, 3 AST, 0 Turnovers, +10 when on the court. Great on defense I would add, but that is obvious.
    Just when I watched, he played with confidence.

Here is the actual box score:
    Watch NBA Games - Follow the game, scores and stats for NBA matchups.

I didn't really care for anyone else except Miller and Dinwiddie. Miller didn't even play.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Winslow had 15 points. Just sayin
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Kaminsky had 19 and 12.

Comment

• Stanley Johnson may be one of the most well spoken, articulate 19 year old pros I've ever heard. His IQ is off the charts for his age.

Comment

• Looks like he has great parents, especially his mom who was a pro hoops player over seas.

Comment

• All high 1st Round picks looked great yesterday.

I think Myles Turner scored 20 points.
              I had a chance to watch Hezonja too. He is what they said he would be. Athletic, physically built well, and a great shooter. Dat shooting technique.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                Stanley Johnson may be one of the most well spoken, articulate 19 year old pros I've ever heard. His IQ is off the charts for his age.
                Black people love it when a white person calls them "well spoken".
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• lol.. I was thinking the same thing
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• SJ having another great day. 3rd quarter with 18 points (7-9fg)
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Like the commentator has said several times, Stanley Johnson does need to get more comfortable with "catch & shoot" and shooting mechanics.
                      I've seen SJ get the ball several times when he was wide open, but he didn't take the shot.

Outside of that, I hate to pick on SJ. He is the best player on the floor. Luckily the Pistons now have a shooting coach... And again, SJ is just 19 years old.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• SJ's shot might stay ugly, but I'm pretty confident he'll make it work anyhow. Some guys can do that. He's got such a good feel for the game, a bruising manchild body, awesome "quickness", is extremely driven, and is super smart. He comes across so impressive in interviews, it wouldn't be surprising to see him have visible successful non-basketball career after his playing days are over.
                        Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; July 5, 2015, 01:26 PM.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Shawn Marion, though SJ's isn't that awkward.

I know someone said SJ didn't play center (or whatever) in high school, but from all the YouTube interviews I watched of SJ, that's what was said. He was coached as a big in high school.
                          and again, his stats backup that he isn't that bad from deep with .371 from 3 in college.
                          I'd say that's average... maybe good for a freshman.

Bradley Beal only shot .339 from 3 at Florida, yet he was compared to the next Ray Allen.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah Prince has an ugly shot. Lot's of guys really.

Comment

• I just read somewhere that college FT shooting percentage is apparently a better indicator of NBA 3point ability than college 3point percentages. I thought that was interesting. Fivethirtyeight.com maybe?

Comment

• Stanley Johnson .742 FT at Zona

... Jabari Parker was .748, Ray Allen was career .779 at UConn.
                                I think SJ will be fine.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X