Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
    Can someone explain to me why everyone has decided that the QB from Clemson is the second coming?

The kid played his part (which wasn't the superstar) on a stacked Nat'l championship team......but I didn't see a Manning/Luck type guy. I honestly don't see that kid playing any better than Fromm did as a freshman for UGA.......the only difference was that one came up a little short in the championship game.
    There is a rush to annoint all of these college QBs on stacked teams to be the next coming. Most of the time, its a lot of flash that goes away after a few years in the league. I think with Lawrence is he is a pro style QB, he's 6'5 and is pretty accurate. He probably stood out more as a freshman than either Luck or Manning did. You're right on Fromm as a freshman, maybe that means Fromm is undervalued but he'll be a top pick anyways.

I still don't get how Dwayne Haskins fell as far as he did, he tossed 50 TDs as a sophmore. That's obscene. That may be one pick that all the teams(including the Lions) may regret not taking.

Comment

• Mediocre Matty in a nut shell

2009, started 10 games, record 2-8, 0-5 against winning teams
      2010, started 3 games, record 1-2, 0-1 against winning teams
      2011, started 17 games, record 10-7, 0-6 against winning teams
      2012, started 16 games, record 4-12, 1-10 against winning teams
      2013, started 16 games, record 7-9, 0-3 against winning teams
      2014, started 17 games, record 11-6, 1-5 against winning teams
      2015, started 16 games, record 7-9, 1-7 against winning teams
      2016, started 17 games, record 9-8, 0-7 against winning teams
      2017, started 16 games, record 9-7, 1-6 against winning teams
      2018, started 16 games, record 6-10, 1-5 against winning teams

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I still don't get how Dwayne Haskins fell as far as he did, he tossed 50 TDs as a sophmore. That's obscene. That may be one pick that all the teams(including the Lions) may regret not taking.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          Mediocre Matty in a nut shell

2009, started 10 games, record 2-8, 0-5 against winning teams
          2010, started 3 games, record 1-2, 0-1 against winning teams
          2011, started 17 games, record 10-7, 0-6 against winning teams
          2012, started 16 games, record 4-12, 1-10 against winning teams
          2013, started 16 games, record 7-9, 0-3 against winning teams
          2014, started 17 games, record 11-6, 1-5 against winning teams
          2015, started 16 games, record 7-9, 1-7 against winning teams
          2016, started 17 games, record 9-8, 0-7 against winning teams
          2017, started 16 games, record 9-7, 1-6 against winning teams
          2018, started 16 games, record 6-10, 1-5 against winning teams
          uh-oh.....DWT is thinking about Matty's nut-shell again.

Comment

• Every time dwt1 posts I think about Winston Chruchill's quote about fanatics.

Comment

• I always think about the Mark Twain quote about idiots.....but to each his own

Comment

• The Twain quote is humorous and somewhat apt, but that dude ain't beating me at anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  I always think about the Mark Twain quote about idiots.....but to each his own
                  Ha!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sooner or later you guys are going to put him on ignore and he'll just go away. Whether he'll literally not login anymore because he's not apart of any discussion stemming from everyone thinking he's a steaming pile of watery dog shit on a hot summer day.. or he'll aimlessly be talking to himself and we'll be in pure bliss
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• no way.....in case you haven't heard, god makes kitten every time dimwit tells me I'm bullying him.

Bully......I wear that like a badge of honor

Comment

• IDK Nick, My kid has been following him since his Junior year of Highschool and he just has it. It is all natural for him. He is special. And he won. Not by skating by. Or having 2 NFL starting quality RBs and OL. He blew Alabama out. It wan't even close.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He....blew 'bama out?

It was actually a serious question....I've only seen the kid play twice, and he certainly looked like a proficient major program QB.....but I just don't understand the sentiment that we are all waiting for this awesomely superior QB to come out in 2 years.

FTR....I'm saying the same thing about Tua. Tagovailoa has kind of been anointed as the #1 pick next year....and I have to ask why?

You've got these 2 great prospects.....who are surrounded by superior talent at nearly every position. What happens when they get to the league and the (idiot) fans are crying "NO MOAR WEPONZ"....because a QB so great shouldn't need talented skill players.

I guess I don't see 2 QBs who have been putting the team on their back...a-la luck/Manning.

Comment

• Manning was on some stacked teams, the knock on him was he couldn't win the big game. Tennessee famously won the national championship the next year after Manning left. With Lawrence, the guy was a true freshman and he threw 30 TDs versus 4 picks. Plus he's got the size a guy like Tua doesn't have. He was a huge part of the blowout of Alabama, he dissected that Bama defense.

Comment

• And I saw coach/offensive philosophy that dissected that 'bama D. I saw that kid throwing to WRs who were wide open.

I know the kid was MVP of the game......but after the game the kid said he didn't deserve that honor because the whole O was so good. I agreed with him.

I'll give you the size part and the arm and the athleticism.......but let's be honest, how many failed college QBs had that? Ryan leaf had that...Purple Drank had that in spades...Brady Quinn sure looked the part.....Chuck Long had Moxy.......Akili SMith......Tim Couch.....Senator Shuler looked like a can't miss......Rick Fuckin' Mirer......Jeff George was the closest to a sure thing I'd ever seen.....David Carr....Joey Harrington.

Every QB I just named had all of the things Lawrence has (or at least everyone thought they did.....)

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Manning was on some stacked teams, the knock on him was he couldn't win the big game. Tennessee famously won the national championship the next year after Manning left. With Lawrence, the guy was a true freshman and he threw 30 TDs versus 4 picks. Plus he's got the size a guy like Tua doesn't have. He was a huge part of the blowout of Alabama, he dissected that Bama defense.

Yup. I have watched a lot of Lawrence (thanks to my kid) and even in HS (where he didn't have a ton of talent) he just would dissect teams. He is the same every game too. I like him a lot.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X