Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madatgravity47 View Post
    Right a single player can lose the game but to just blindly and habitually blame it on Stafford makes zero sense...it's a affords fault the D is a leaking siev? Again, what is Stafford supposed to do? I'd really like an answer...if 6 foot 7 TE catches the ball the hits him in the hands the Lions tie the game up last week...
    Disagree, with extremely few exceptions one player can't lose a game. You go back and look at the missed opportunities of that team throughout the game and it becomes perfectly clear. In 3 of the Lions losses this year the offense left at least 2 golden opportunities to put the points on the board (they were already in scoring position) which would have been needed to secure the win. In fact, they not only butchered two opportunities against KC but also gave them 7 points in the process. 5 FG's vs GB, when just 1 TD would have made the difference. Two drives in scoring position stalled by turnover vs OAK - so instead of needing 7 points to tie, a FG would have been enough to win.

It makes no sense to blame a loss on one player just like it makes no sense to give the credit to one player for the win. It's a team game, all 60 minutes matter.

Personally, going into the KC and GB games if you told me the defense would hold both those teams to just 20 points through the first 58 minutes (especially a Mahomes led offense - that rarely happens) I'd be satisfied - because they would have given the Lions offense more than enough opportunities throughout that game (which they did) to bury those teams. If you want to be a good team, that's what you have to do - bury them - not leave them hanging around - and certainly not giving them points. So when you say Stafford did enough to deserve a win, it's total bullshit. Lions want to win they need to start stepping on teams necks when their defense gives them the opportunities to do so.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• You Stafford haters are going to see what this team looks like today without him and it is going to be hideous.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
          You Stafford haters are going to see what this team looks like today without him and it is going to be hideous.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I don't think it would matter who the QB is today TBH. Bears are a desperate team, they are going to be flying all over the place putting the hurt on today. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a couple of defensive scores today.

Comment

• That said these aren't new issues he's been dealing with. Probably would have made more sense to sit him last week, in a non-conference game if rest is what he needs. Sitting him today effectively says we are getting ready for the 2020 Draft so we can draft Hock's bookend.....

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Meh, Stafford is in a 1 man exclusive club. 200 million and counting in career earnings and not only hasn't won a playoff game but averages between 25-30 million per team he's been able to beat with a winning record.

Comment

• Well foday some fans get what they want, a Staffordless Lions team.

Go Jeff Driskell

i think that is his name

Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
                        Well foday some fans get what they want, a Staffordless Lions team.

Go Jeff Driskell

i think that is his name

Hey! This "Somebody Else" isn't the "Somebody Else" that the Hater's Club is talking about! You can't judge them on this!

Just don't ask them who that "Somebody Else" is supposed to be though. They aren't GMs.

Comment

• The Lions may be mediocre with Stafford out there, but they are going to be dismal without him.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Comment

• Well the Bungholes let him go so that should say a lot and according to the media the Lions go calls for him at the trade deadline.

Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• You never know the Defense might step up amd carry this one.

Prater still has a leg

They have a chance

Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X