No announcement yet.

Michigan 21, MSU 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see who asked Harbaugh after the game how his team will match the intensity of an opponent that is their -

Superbowl

World Series game 7

NHL Stanley Cup playoffs Overtime

- all wrapped in one.

Jim didn't care much for the question saying "we will be really intense'

Comment

The Spartans pass d has been suspect. It looked better against PSU, but I also thought PSU was not really attacking via the pass.

Comment

Michigan is better than Michigan State and will win without too much trouble.

While MSU's defense is good and an equal match for UM's offense, there is no comparison on the other side. Michigan is 2nd in total defense, while MSU is 80th in total offense.

How Michigan and MSU Match Up Statistically

Comment

Dantonio has been game planning for this for 11 months however. Expect a few big plays from their offense due to Brown's over aggressiveness which could make it closer than it should be.

Comment

Exactly, WM...

I see this going much like the Notre Dame game. MSU will gash Don Brown's defense in the first quarter. Harbaugh will stubbornly smash Higdon into multiple 3 & outs. Sparty will lead at the half. Dantonio will get conservative and Shea will hit start moving the chains through the air. Game will be lost when Patterson throws interception on final drive. Sparty wins 23 - 17.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; October 15, 2018, 07:13 AM.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I endorse that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                Michigan is better than Michigan State and will win without too much trouble.

While MSU's defense is good and an equal match for UM's offense, there is no comparison on the other side. Michigan is 2nd in total defense, while MSU is 80th in total offense.

How Michigan and MSU Match Up Statistically
                P.S. Defense travels (easier to maintain quality on the road)

Comment

As long as it gets to EL by kickoff and not some time in the 2nd quarter, then M will win easy.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

A Don Brown defense is going to have at least one bad drive a game. This year they've all come early. Last year and the year before they were in the fourth quarter. We'll see which is better.

Comment

Last year, MSU scored all of their points in the first half. Purdue scored all of their points in the second quarter. What I see is that teams put in a new wrinkle, and it takes a quarter or two for Don Brown to adjust. My main concern is that we'll fall behind by too much to overcome. Harbaugh definitely likes to establish the run first, which is what MSU defends well. If we're forced to throw, then the exotic blitz packages will come out. Michigan needs to come out aggressive on offense (breaking tendency) and less aggressive on defense. Warner will try to use that their aggression against them.

Comment

Rocky's take above is a good one, so is Hack's. 2018 M has an MO that fits both these takes. You can be sure that Mork, with 11 months of practicing a game plan for M that not a single play within it is on tape is going to create problems for Brown to start and probably through the first half. Maybe that's a bit over the top but it's close. M's issue v. MSU is going to be establishing the run to the extent it facilitates the rest of the stuff JH wants to do.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 15, 2018, 09:59 AM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Definitely agree with the risk Rocky highlights of falling behind early based on JH wanting to run into the teeth of a defense better prepared to stop the run than a passing attack. If he really wants to do that early, maybe we need to see the supersize packages with Mason running behind the right side and Wangler out blocking. Better get in those third-and-short scenarios.

Comment

If that worked it would be so satisfying to see. The most beautiful sight in offensive football is to see everyone get a hat on a hat and watch the bowling pins topple over. Ben Mason impersonating Mike Alstott? I'd love to see it. Maybe against Rutgers? Would that be sportsmanlike?

Comment

I like seeing that kind of blocking in space, where it unfolds in a sequence, but no doubt it's quite a bit of fun to say what you're gonna do and then just go do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X