No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nico coming back, the 1 receiver out of the 3 we needed most not to leave.

Comment

• Very good news. Now, throw him the fucking ball! Well, I mean throw it TO HIM so that it's in his zip code and he can go get it.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Marcus Ray? That is the epitome of the Michigan Man problem. You have a big budget, go out and get the best recruiter you can. The last time it looked like Ray coached was 2010 in high school. You lost Washington and Mattison to OSU and they weren't Michigan Men. Somehow you lose Partridge to Ole.Miss and people are suggesting Ray? Those three coaches were like the known recruiting guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            All I said was that if a coaching position existed, that Marcus Ray would be a viable candidate for, I'd have no problem with him getting an interview.

If a WR coaching position came open, and Braylon Edwards wanted an interview, I'd be fine with that, even though he's said some real crap about the program.

I want Michigan to keep Zordich. I want Michigan to keep Bush Sr.
            You don't want Braylon Edwards unless you hire a minder.

Comment

• That's great that Woodson sticks up for his guy, but he knows very well that the program isn't going to find its way back to success by hiring a guy who isn't a coach and doesn't have a track record as a recruiter, etc. etc. Woodson is just saying stuff, and surely does not expect Ray to be hired on to Jim's staff. Maybe he's saying it so that Ray gets a look somewhere more realistic for an aspiring assistant to get some experience in that.

Comment

• I just think Ray would be worth the time spent in an interview. Nothing more.

If Brian Ellerbe deserved an opportunity, then Marcus Ray certainly does.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ellerbe was at least an actual assistant coach at the time. Not some guy hoping to luck into a job before establishing proper qualifications.

Comment

• I pulled this from a post at mgoboard discussing the 2020 OL after the departure of C, Cesar Ruiz and unsubstantiated rumors that Filiaga may transfer. The consensus is that M is in better shape on the OL than it has been for about 10y and we should be thanking Harbaugh (and Ed Warinner) for that. The list assumes Filiaga doesn't transfer ......... WM, your thoughts? :

First team:

LT: Ryan Hayes

LG: Chuck Filiaga

C: Zach Carpenter

RG: Andrew Stueber

RT: Jalen Mayfield

Second Team:

LT: Karsen Barnhart

LG: Nolan Rumler

C: Andrew Vastardis

RG: Zak Zinter

RT: Joel Honigford

Third Team:

LT: Trente Jones

LG: Jack Stewart

C: Reece Atteberry

RG: Griffin Korican or Micah Mazzccua (if he signs)

RT: Trevor Keegan

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That might be a good OL... In 2021. Yeah, the first team listed looks accurate, after that it's just guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        That might be a good OL... In 2021. Yeah, the first team listed looks accurate, after that it's just guessing.
                        The posts with any substance at mgoboard agree with you and point out the experience and in the case of OTs, talent. Mayfield and Hays both played a good bit in 2019, Hays less but still he got practice reps. The OL is the hardest position group to judge until they get on the field and show RBs have holes and QBs stay upright. I'm sure the first few games will be adventures and that includes a road game against a surely to be ranked Washington Huskies in Seattle ...... we know how that usually goes.

The other question was how much of the good line calls coming from the C were from Ruiz's natural skill set (he played that position all through HS and was a high 4* when he signed with M) or Warinner teaching Ruiz well. Unicorns will believe the latter and that take is not altogether crazy.

Comment

• Warriner has a pretty good track record so we should be OK on the OL.

Comment

• There is pretty good talent on the OL (but no elites) , they are all inexperienced and/or underclassmen. Warinner should get more out of them then most would. Just way too many question marks at one position. Not saying the area will be a disaster though that is more likely than it being one of the better OL's in the B1G.

Comment

• So, yer saying there's a chance? Damn, I've been waiting for that since BEFORE LC's last two years. That's a long fucking time.

Comment

• Cato June name has come up for safety coach

Comment

Working...
                                X