Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Yep. It's really hard. But, that's treading back into waters rife with complete and total disagreement.
    You disagree with that?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't disagree with it. Nor do M fans. However, it's a baby step away from 'why' does M not recruit better. And therein lies the adamant disagreement.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ahh.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yikes now Charles Woodson is tweeting at Harbaugh about who should coach the D -Backs --- Marcus Ray LOL ....jesus ....What a mess.... osu would score 80+

Charles Woodson

@Marcus_Ray29
          should get a strong look as safeties coach
          @UofMichFootball

@CoachJim4UM

Comment

• Michigan's facilities are fine. They're among the best in the country. The stadium, practice facility, training facilities, all are among the best in the country. Millions have been spent over the past decade keeping them that way.

Michigan's academics are excellent. Please don't foolishly disagree with this.

Harbaugh is on the road in recruiting efforts as much as Saban, Day, Dabo, or anyone else. He has a private jet at his disposal. Michigan offers the same people everyone else offers. He can't force a kid to sign a LOI to Michigan.

None of those are reasons why Michigan is not playing for championships.

The phase we're in right now is that the elite players, the ones who make differences in games that matter, are choosing to go to the schools that have been winning. Winning draws difference-makers. That's what Michigan had in Charles Woodson when they won the 1997 NC. He made the difference in many of those wins. We're not getting those people right now. Michigan's fortunes will change, when we start getting a few of those types of players.

That's the difference. Its not coaching, facilities, academics, or fairy dust. Its personnel.
            Last edited by lineygoblue; January 5, 2020, 12:29 PM.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Yikes now Charles Woodson is tweeting at Harbaugh about who should coach the D -Backs --- Marcus Ray LOL ....jesus ....What a mess.... osu would score 80+

Charles Woodson

@Marcus_Ray29
              should get a strong look as safeties coach
              @UofMichFootball

@CoachJim4UM
              What would be wrong with Marcus Ray? He was one of the best DB's that Michigan has ever had.

He's from Ohio. He knows the state like the back of his hand. He could at least get in the door for recruits there.

I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand. If he's interested in the job, I say he should at least get an interview.

Comment

• Seriously? Have you heard him on the radio dude is toxic. With no coaching experience 1( yr in the NFL), 10 years ago who trashes the program on a regular basis? Yea him and Harbaugh would get along great.

Comment

• If he's interested, I think he deserves an interview.

Do we know he's interested?

Comment

• He has never said he wanted the job. Completely unqualified for the position or he would be coaching. What recruiting experience does he have? Michigan would get laughed at if they hired a guy just because he went to Michigan. Didn't he get in trouble his senior year at Michigan also?

Comment

• Michigan is getting laughed at anyway. Witness this forum.

I doubt that he'd be interested in coaching. He's never expressed an interest in returning to AA.

Comment

• Did. I miss something? The current DB coach is Mike Zordich. He's fine. Marcus Ray burned any bridges returning him to any meaningful role within M's football program at WTKA. I'm with Wingy.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Zordich coaches the corners, Partridge was coaching the safeties. It was expected Devin Bush Sr would be promoted.

Comment

• Comment

• Good. Promote Bush.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All I said was that if a coaching position existed, that Marcus Ray would be a viable candidate for, I'd have no problem with him getting an interview.

If a WR coaching position came open, and Braylon Edwards wanted an interview, I'd be fine with that, even though he's said some real crap about the program.

I want Michigan to keep Zordich. I want Michigan to keep Bush Sr.

Comment

Working...
                                X