Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan on a 27-6 run to turn a 12 point deficit into a 9 point lead.

Comment

• Maybe Juwan getting the boot was the kick in the behind this team needed.

Comment

• Allegedly.

Happy that Eli Brooks was back. Biggest takeaway. This was very surprising to me. He looked 100% after a slow start shooting. Assumed Brooks wouldn’t play because he had a boot on Wednesday.
        Mike Smith balled out. Brandon Johns was big in the 1st half.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thanks for beating Sparty for us, Terps!

Comment

• If Turgeon said that, then he deserved a smack in the head. And just for that, I'd make the Fab Five Reunion and RE-HANGING OF THE BANNERS on the day when Maryland comes to Crisler Center, in front of a sellout crowd.

I'm overjoyed to see a Michigan coach FINALLY take a stand and show some life in their program. I'm tired of seeing Michigan teams getting their faces rubbed in the dirt, then looking around like they wonder what's going on. THAT'S the kind of fire I thought we'd see with Harbaugh. Instead, he acts like Foster Brooks is coaching Michigan.

I don't care if it turns out that Juwan Howard was 100% wrong in this. I'm enjoying his devotion to the team, and the program. Press on, Coach.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hell yes, 100% spot on. Love the idea of a banner game against Maryland. Or hell, wait until we hang the 20-21 Big Ten banner. Maybe we’ll have two. Hang the regular season one for Illinois.

Comment

• Turgeon was just on in a post game presser. He claims he 'said nothing about a banner'. He claims that Michigan "did stuff in the first two games that he reported to the Big Ten commissioner". And he claims "they did it again". Refused to say what Michigan did.

What Michigan did, was kick his team's butt 3 times. I guess I understand why he'd be sore

Comment

• Juwan said Turgeon was complaining that he was outside the coach's box and complained that he had gone outside the box in the first two games too

Comment

• There's a good video at mgo of Juan's post-game comments. He opened by saying this was the onhly and last time he would speak about this so take notes and don't ask me about it again. I won't answer. Then he said said about his getting ejected that he handled the situation poorly and apologized to his team saying this is not how situations like this should be handled. He went on to tell his story acknowledging that there will be lots of stories.

He left the box when the referee signaled an out-of bounds ball was last touched by M and the ball went to Maryland. He left the box to complain about the call directly to the ref that made it. Turgeron pointed at Howard yelling at the ref that he's doing it again (stepping out of the box). Juan said he was like, 'man quit complaining, we all do this. Turgeron responded no, only you do it and it's happened before (against us). He then said he was proud of how his players responded by playing their best (after he was ejected). Then he said, I'm ready to talk about basketball now.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm with Linesman and others on this. Nice to see a coach of an M sports team with some fire. Refreshing. Howard also seems to have the chops to coach, something we doubted he might have and that everyone of us though Harbaugh would have. I think it's too late and hihgly unlikely that Harbaugh will re-emerge as the coach we thought he was supposed to be. He is who he is at this point in his life.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• After hearing both coaches it figures that the truth was somewhere in the middle. But, I tend to doubt Turgeon's statement that "he did not mention banners". This was obviously a comment heard by someone at the scoring table, and if its not true, why would they lie about that? I mean, who talks about Michigan's banners anymore, other than someone trying to get under our skin?

As for the complaint about 'being out of the box", anyone that watches CBB knows that coaches leave the box. Coach K does it. Izzo does it ALL THE TIME. All the "top" coaches do it. Its up to the officials to clean it up if its out of control. Its not up to a HC to bellyache about it. He likely knew that Maryland benefitted from the call in question, and he didn't want the refs to reconsider.

At any rate, it doesn't matter. Michigan owns Maryland basketball, and that's that. Good on Coach Howard for sticking up for his team. I love it.

Comment

• The dong punch Hannibal knows to expect: heavy rumor Livers has a stress fracture and is done for the year.

Comment

• For the BTT, that almost doesn't matter. They'll still beat Ohio State. They were probably going to lose to Illinois.

For the NCAAs, that's devastating, if true. That would probably make the FF the ceiling instead of borderline expected.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It may be true, idk. But some dozen hours after it was "reported", by a random guy on twitter with 400 followers mind you -- there's still no legitimate confirmation from anyone credible. Also it's worth mentioning that the Vegas line for today's game hasn't moved at all. And the tip off for that game is less than five hours away.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Welp, twitter guy with 400 followers was right.

Livers out indefinitely. 🙁
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X