• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope so.

2015 @ Utah week 1 loss
    2016 @ Iowa random upset loss
    2018@ Notre Dame week 1 loss
    etc.

These road games against tough teams are spooky for M... particularly for a new QB.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Well, here we go, its game week. Having lost most interest in looking deeply into rosters and match ups, all I've got to go on is a general sense of how the current roster played last year and how the coaches did. Not good on either count. No big play, difference making players and a coaching staff that, well, is uninspiring.... and that's being nice.

Gophers 29, M 24.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

You’ve hit your head. Michigan wins by 2 scores.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          You’ve hit your head. Michigan wins by 2 scores.
          If Michigan wins, it will be a significant upset, even though ESPN has Michigan ranked ahead of Minnesota.

If Michigan wins by 2 scores, it will be 2 field goals.

Jeff's prediction is pretty accurate. Minny will win by anywhere from 7-10 points.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

M's defense should keep this game close, don't have any idea how good or bad the offense is. I expect some costs of a new QB, 4 out of 5 offensive lineman and 3 of to the top 4 receivers...

M 27, Gophers 24

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

If Michigan wins, it will be a significant upset, even though ESPN has Michigan ranked ahead of Minnesota.
              A significant upset? Not only is Michigan ranked higher, they ARE indeed the favorite. The line opened at Wolverines -3.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

M offense -
                Milton is going to have to be a pleasant surprise to cover up for a lot of the holes/ question marks. WR, OLine... avoiding turnovers will be huge, unlike what Rudock did vs Utah in the 2015 opener.

M defense -
                Defense potentially being a work in progress thanks to the CBs. I think M will have trouble with the slants Minnesota loves to call... particularly with those Minnesota WRs being good. It will surprise me if Minnesota can efficiently run the ball on M. M should have a good DLine/ front.

Prediction time.
                Minnesota 24
                M 17.

I'll predict this game will be similar to Utah vs M 2015:
                https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=400756883
                Last edited by Cody_Russell; October 18, 2020, 06:34 PM. Reason: Spell check and adding more detail.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

34-21, Wolverines.

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

A significant upset? Not only is Michigan ranked higher, they ARE indeed the favorite. The line opened at Wolverines -3.
                    The line I saw was Minny as a 2.5 favorite.

I don't know how any bettor would take Michigan to cover 3 on the road in a season opener with a new QB that has never started a collegiate game.

Michigan only has 2 areas of the game where they MIGHT have a slight edge:

1. The DL.
                    2. RB's.

That's it. Everything else is suspect. Minnesota's QB is going to feast on Michigan's defensive backfield. 3 new people, and Dax (natural safety) is probably going to be playing out of his natural position at CB.

This has Goofer win written all over it.

Comment

The line I saw was Minny as a 2.5 favorite.

I don't know how any bettor would take Michigan to cover 3 on the road in a season opener with a new QB that has never started a collegiate game.

Michigan only has 2 areas of the game where they MIGHT have a slight edge:

1. The DL.
                      2. RB's.

That's it. Everything else is suspect. Minnesota's QB is going to feast on Michigan's defensive backfield. 3 new people, and Dax (natural safety) is probably going to be playing out of his natural position at CB.

This has Goofer win written all over it.

Comment

Also, here:

Attached Files

Comment

My usual site is Oddshark. They didn't have a spread which is weird. M opened at +3 and I've seen it now at between +3 and +2. I don't know where this other shit your posting comes from. I'll grant you this. I have seen M favored but holy fuck, your first link was the Freep, notoriously wrong about anything to do with M footbaall.

This is the first year in my memory that M appears to be properly pre-season rated. By the early oughts, M was being consistently over-rated. They'd plow though inferior competition and run in to the occasional non-con opponent that would steal their lunch money a lot of time embarrassingly so. It started happening a lot as time went on but M would consistently find itself in the pre-season top 10, drop a game to ND or some one else, fall out of the top 10 then remain at 15-20 until they got blown out in a bowl game v. an opponent that was better prepared, better motivated and may or may not have better talent.

M has been famous for fucking away talented rosters ..... a lot of it has to do with poor QB play. IMO, Harbaugh found and coached up one guy, Jake Rudock, who performed well in JH's system. The rest have been absolute shit and changing systems for Patterson absolutely blew up in his face.

People who know football are looking at Joe Milton, M's OL and Don Brown's consistently hyped and over-rated defenses and are correctly going WTF. This isn't Bo's idea of a winning football team if attitude, game prep and grit are measures of that. It sure as hell hasn't been an efficient modern offense despite decent talent and that's coaching, plain and simple. The defense was good until the rest of CFB modernized offenses and figured out how to punish aggression - a Don Brown trait and a guy that coaches a D that doesn't understand and can't play zone D.

Nope, I didn't hurt my head. You may know all about Alabama but you don't know shit about Michigan. And look, this is CFB. Shit happens. M could win on some fluke play or because a referee fucked up - the later highly likely. So don't cut this rant out and post it up post game if by some small miracle, M pulls a win out it's ass. If they do, it won't be becasue they are a better team. They aren't and the odds makers picking this game - the ones that have their shit in one bag - are picking the right team to win.

https://www.gamblingsites.com/picks/...tober-24-2020/

https://pickdawgz.com/cfb-picks/2020-10-24/michigan-at-minnesota-10-24-20-college-football-picks-and-predictions
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 18, 2020, 08:07 PM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Plenty of other teams, at least decent ones, seem to find ways to overcome this challenge. It's really getting tiresome as an excuse for Michigan.

Comment

If Michigan is the favorite, I'd like to know what they are basing that on.

I'd take Minnesota all day long if I were betting the game. The only reason ABC made it the night game was because they see the potential for a Minnesota win, and "winning back the Jug". Otherwise, this game would have been shuttled over to the Big Ten Network.

Comment

Jeff- M opened at -3 at all the sites I have seen.

Liney- Betting is now legal in Michigan, I read. Make a fortune.

Michigan is currently ranked 18th by 247 in team talent. Minnesota is 59th.

M 34, Minny 21

Last edited by AlabamAlum; October 18, 2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X