Michigan 49 @ Minnesota 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but....ROW THE BOAT!!!!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yes, catchphrases block and tackle. ASK DENNIS FRANCHIONE!
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Minnesota is a tough opponent. M has WAY TOO MUCH uncertainty in key areas (QB, WR, OLine, CBs) to assume they will win this game. Most importantly, QB! Look what finding a good QB did to Florida State on Saturday. Milton is by far the most important player heading into the season.

Good info about Minnesota's depth:
        https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/...ve-depth-chart
        https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/...ve-depth-chart

More thoughts:
        - Minnesota's advantage will be their passing game with Tanner Morgan + Rashod Bateman vs the M inexperienced CBs. Hopefully M can get pressure on Morgan, but I'm not so sure it will happen given the experience they have on the OLine. They call a lot of RPO plays ... + the slant routes that I mentioned earlier.
        - M on offense. M NEEDS to have success running the ball. Minnesota has several new starters in their front. Should be able to have success unless the new OLine isn't effective. Not a smart idea to test their CBs.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Mr. Alum: You really need to listen to Mr. Talent regarding how easily Michigan can be defeated. His team has been doing it annually for 2 decades now. Your team demonstrated the same just this past January.

Again. Michigan, at most, has 2 areas where they might have an advantage vs Minnesota. One is Michigan's D-line, where they could be quite good. Not Alabama good, but still, good. Second is at the RB position. Michigan returns several players with a lot of playing time, and a solid veteran in Chris Evans. Reports out of camp say that true freshman RB Blake Corum is going to get playing time because he's earned it.

That's it. There are no other positions where Michigan has the advantage over Minnesota.

I have no idea why ESPN and other outlets have ranked Michigan above Minnesota. IMO, there is no basis for that. Just the end of last season shows how silly those rankings are.

Minnesota will win, likely by more than a TD, and in spite of what the Fox commentators will say afterward, it will not be an upset. It will be because Minnesota is the better team.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I posted a few weeks ago about the team talent rankings and then went through looking at individual player rankings from Minnesota's starting defense. They have 10 middle level 3* stars and one 4*, St. Juste, who transferred from Michigan. I see they went from #60 overall to #59 because they went from three 4* guys on their entire roster to four.

Minnesota's starting DE was ranked like 1,276 overall in his recruiting class and the DTs were all in that same category. Michigan's OL has Filiaga, high 4*, #13 OL in his class, Mayfield, 4*, #16 OL in his class, Hayes, 4* # 23 OT in his class. It's not Alabama's OL, but the offer sheets from the guys they'll be blocking on Saturday night were mostly from MAC schools and some FCS.

It's sad that Michigan is in position that people EXPECT us to lose to the 59th most talented team in the country. Minnesota probably has a better QB and their WR might be the best player on the field. Other than that, Michigan has more talent AT EVERY POSITION ON THE FIELD. Period. Win the damn game.

The fact that Michigan has fallen to #18 in the Team Talent Composite is alarming. They were 11th last year which was the first time they've been out of the top 10 during Harbaugh's time here. If they go out and lose Saturday night and the season goes off the rails before it even begins, expect that ranking to plummet further. This staff needs to get their shit together and win something.

Comment

Well, if ~75 ranked composite talent 2018 Purdue can beat a top 3 ranked composite talent 2018 Ohio State... never know!
              I don’t think talent is relevant in this M vs Minnesota game. Both teams are pretty even RIGHT NOW and it should be a fun game to watch.

Fleck has done a nice job developing lower ranked recruits... something Iowa, MSU, and Wisconsin have done.
              Remember. It’s a YEAR 4 PJ Fleck team. Fleck’s year 4 WMU team was incredible.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

If Fleck beats us and goes on to win the Rest Division, we need to launch our staff out of a cannon and back up the Brinks truck for him.

Comment

Well, if ~75 ranked composite talent 2018 Purdue can beat a top 3 ranked composite talent 2018 Ohio State... never know!

Wait a minute. Which team is Jim Harbaugh's Michigan in this analogy??

Comment

Unfortunately, Minnesota is a football factory. They're win-at-all-costs. They'll do whatever it takes to ensure complete domination including allowing football players to take on-line classes with the rest of the student body.

M's high moral fiber can't compete with those types of unfair advantage. If M stays within 7 then it's just further proof of the greatness of HARBAUGH!!!!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

After seven months of this Pandhysteric siege, I've got little patience for excuses for losing to lesser talented teams. Fleck can row Minny's boat all he wants. Just be Michigan and sink the fucking thing.

Comment

I'm sure the 2015 M @ Minnesota game is something M fans are thinking about if feeling cautious about the game ... like me:
                        https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=400763553

Almost lost to Mitch Leidner... gross.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Wait a minute. Which team is Jim Harbaugh's Michigan in this analogy??
                        Michigan is the higher talented team of course! (per recruiting). Though it's obviously not to the extent of the mismatch of Purdue vs Ohio State (2018). M is what, ranked 18th in composite or something? Minnesota in the 50 or 60s.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        If Fleck beats us and goes on to win the Rest Division, we need to launch our staff out of a cannon and back up the Brinks truck for him.
                        I think Fleck will be offered a $EC job pretty soon (hello, Auburn?). Particularly, if Minnesota gets that boat rowing week 1 vs M.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Just read that College Game Day is heading to Minneapolis for the game. I didn't realize they were still doing on-location broadcasts in light of Covid.

Also, according to a thread at MGo, Fleck said some players will miss the game due to Covid? That might explain the movement in the betting line. From what I can gather Minnesota DID open at -2.5 or 3 but the line has now swung to Michigan by the same amount, so a swing of roughly 5 points.

Comment

So, Minny with Covid, Michigan with tons more talent, AND the genius of Harbaugh? You will slaughter them.

Millenia from now, old men sitting in front of the council fire will tell the young ones about the carnage. How in the 10th month in the Year of the Reckoning, Harbaugh The Destroyer laid waste to the lands, salted the fields, and burned the villages. The few survivors of the Land of 10,000 Lakes will simply call it, La Noche del Martillo del Dios Vengativo.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Wrong.

Its going to be more like La noche en que la ardilla rugió y sometió al glotón
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

They will write epic poems about the day. Blood of the ‘Sota fallen watering the Tree of Retribution. The Grendel Gophers slain with the Warrior God triumphant.

Might be a netflix special.

Comment

Working...
                                X