No announcement yet.

Michigan 48, Rutgers 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB was drastically different last night after switching from Milton to McNamara. All of a sudden, the offense started easily moving the ball. The TEs stopped dropping the ball. Etc.

That said. I will acknowledge it’s a small sample size. Let’s see what McNamara does in his first start. Tate Forcier looked incredible in one game vs Notre Dame (2009). Not much from Forcier after that.... or even Joe Milton. Milton was going to be “the next Cam Newton” after the week 1 game vs Minnesota...............
    What’s interesting is M faces some pretty bad defenses to close out the season. Penn State, Maryland, and Ohio State. Ohio State gave up ~500 passing yards to Penix. Could see a scenario where McNamara goes off and creates Heisman hype heading into 2021....
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I agree with Jeff. What happened last night is apparently we found a quarterback. Why he hasn't been the guy from day one of the season is a mystery to me. McNamara runs the team well, makes good throws, and plays with a confidence that we haven't seen at QB in a long time. So, maybe the QB situation is solved. What's more, he's provided a spark in two games in a row, so its not a fluke. His numbers yesterday were among the best in the nation for quarterbacks. I think the kid is for real.

However there are many, many other areas that are deficient with the program right now. They have no pass rush. They can't stop even a fair running back.

DB's can't cover anyone. LB's can't tackle. Coaches can't decide if we're a 'power' football team, or a 'speed in space' team. This team still fails at the most basic of fundamentals in blocking, tackling, throwing, running, ... things that kids at the Pop Warner level learn before they go to HS teams. Real problems still exist, and require a change in leadership. Harbaugh and his staff need to go. A triple overtime win over a rebuilding Rutgers team is no reason to hang on to what they've got. Change needs to take place, and it needs to begin within 24 hours after the end of the crossover game. Hopefully Manuel still take those steps.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• we are comparable to a program (like Iowa) or lower and that's not changing.
        I wish this team was as good as Iowa right now. Iowa Football under Kirk Ferentz has not been a NC contender, and has had marginal success when it comes to Big Ten championships, but they are always a tough out at Kinnick, and when you play the Hawkeyes, you're going to play a team that will not beat itself, and takes pride in playing sound fundamental football. I watched a good portion of their game yesterday at Penn State, and they absolutely smothered the Nits. PSU made a bit of a rally toward the end, but they weren't going to beat the Hawkeyes. Ferentz had them ready to play, and they were clearly the better team.

If Michigan lets Harbaugh go, I'd like to see Brian Ferentz get a phone call from Warde Manuel. B. Ferentz may be the heir apparent at Iowa, but I'd certainly want to gauge his interest in the Michigan job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          QB was drastically different last night after switching from Milton to McNamara. All of a sudden, the offense started easily moving the ball. The TEs stopped dropping the ball. Etc.

That said. I will acknowledge it’s a small sample size. Let’s see what McNamara does in his first start. Tate Forcier looked incredible in one game vs Notre Dame (2009). Not much from Forcier after that.... or even Joe Milton. Milton was going to be “the next Cam Newton” after the week 1 game vs Minnesota...............
          What’s interesting is M faces some pretty bad defenses to close out the season. Penn State, Maryland, and Ohio State. Ohio State gave up ~500 passing yards to Penix. Could see a scenario where McNamara goes off and creates Heisman hype heading into 2021....
          Hard not to see M finishing 5-3.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stay the course.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The emergence of CADE!!!!! and the resurgence of HARBAUGH!!!! is going to drive Hannibal insane. It's going to make for great TV!

Comment

• I said 5-3 at the beginning of the year, with or without Milton as the starter. Yes he looks like superman in uniform, I was hoping he would prove me wrong. Always looked a bit clumsy, not elusive as a runner at all. When your a 50% passer in High School its a big jump to the big boys in college. Cade might be better than 'tatter tot Forcier ' comparisons are worthy, only time will tell.

Comment

• Hanni has nothing to worry about.

Ryan Day has still promised to hang 100 on Michigan. I have no doubt he can do that, and he will make every effort to keep that promise.

That whipping will be the final curtain on the Harbaugh years. And rightly so.

Comment

• Harbaugh will be back next year 100%

Comment

• I wish I could like that ten times.

Comment

• heh

Comment

• Look, this year is Covid’s year. No spring training, delayed start, screwed-up sched. Results are gonna be atypical.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Need some satellite camps, ASAP.

Comment

• Harbaugh is done. I believe that after he is throttled by OSU once again, that he will see it for himself and resign after the crossover.

Its going to take more than one good QB performance to change that outcome.

He won't put Warde Manuel thru the trouble of firing him. He'll walk away on his own.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X