No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good question. When WAS the last true upset Michigan pulled off? Notre Dame in 2013?

Comment

• Our last true upset -- legitimately beating a better team -- was probably Wisconsin in 1998. Or maybe Wisky in 2008.

Edit -- now that I think about it, Wisky in 2008 was our last legit upset. They did end up playing in a bowl game that year.
      Last edited by Hannibal; March 2, 2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• The theory was always that if he could elevate an "academic-centric" Stanford AND succeed with an "athletic-centric" NFL team that his success at Michigan would be a no-brainer. I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation. Hence, my belief that somewhere, something just sort of "broke".

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        The point about Andrew Luck being the only great QB Harbaugh might have had a hand in with not a single impact QB on any M team since his hiring is really condemnatory and explains a lot of M's offensive struggles.

So, you put those two circumstances together and why M sucks is pretty much answered.
        Luck seems like he was really a special, cerebral, type of QB. A pretty smart guy who has a special sense and thinks things through before executing. It's a rare skill that separates guys like Brady from the pack. Harbaugh had a bit of that too and Ruddock is the closest that he's had at M. The epic failure of the Patterson experiment is understated- especially considering what Fields was able to do at OSU.

Comment

• Our suckass Fickell team beat Big10 champ Wisconsin in 2011...that's prob my pick for us.

Comment

• Harbaugh also dominated in his first Division II job. His pre-Michigan track record was impeccable.

Comment

• I've made it pretty clear here that I remain a skeptic regarding M football's fortunes for 2021. If Michigan's Governor and the BIG can get passed everything they will bring up as to why there should be no fans, why there will need to be a litany of COVID related safety protocols, all of that, then we might see a competent football team take the field on Saturday, September 4th v. WMU. Emphasis on "may."

I am interested in learning about the new coaches. But I'm selective. I do like Jon Jansens's interviews and Ed Kengerski, M's official sports guy, is decent. On Friday, he did an interview with new DC Mike Macdonald. It's a good interview and Macdonald seems like he's enthused about being at Michigan.

The only thing he says remotely close to talking Xs and O's was that he believes the system the Ravens ran "is transferable" to Michigan. I've read a little bit about the Raven's D. Like most defenses these days, it can't be pigeon holed. "Multiple" for example means nothing specific, nor is 3-4 or 4-3 or whatever front you might want to describe applicable anymore. Player specific roles, as these become evident during live games, is more likely to reveal what kind of D Macdonald will run up front and on the back-end. Anyway, here's the link to Kengerski's interview:

https://twitter.com/umichfootball/st...291276288?s=21.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• According to Gretch's new guidelines coming out on Friday, any sports venue that seats over 10K, can have 750 fans.

So, basically about a quarter of one section at Michigan Stadium.

Barring any major outbreaks, that should change between now and Game 1.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I see no reason to think it won't look very similar to Hoke's last year. Everyone knows they are on a sinking ship at this point. The only hope is that they can keep recruiting up to decent level so that the next coach isn't walking into a shit sandwich.

Comment

• I posted the other day there was chatter of another 4* committing Wednesday - And he did...

WR Tayshawn Trent - Just read before Ron Bellamy joined the staff, all the crystal ball picks were in for Sparty lol

Comment

• Von Lozon;

6-foot-4 and weighing 205 pounds, it will be interesting to see where Trent ends up playing at the college level. He could grow into a flex tight end, but he also could be a big body on the outside that U-M’s quarterbacks just lob the ball up to, ala Nico Collins.

Either way, this is a big win on the recruiting trail for the Wolverines, especially considering he was trending toward the in-state rival before Bellamy got to work on him

EvlIqEQXcAIVZt_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by WingsFan; March 3, 2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• It’s all coming together.

Comment

• His offer list is pretty unimpressive.

Comment

• Dominating in-state.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• High school offensive player in the state of Michigan. Definitely fills a void on the roster, large, physical Z or X. Shows good speed and should be a very good red zone threat.

Comment

• I guess the upshot is that in-state kids trust HARBAUGH!!!! and M more than the current state of things in EL.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X