Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand corrected. He came to the Washington game in AA in 2021. I may try to reach him if I can find his #.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think Jon was in touch with him recently.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I spoke to Doc 3 weeks ago, and Nick as well. Yeah, being in his nineties, he's starting to slow down. He told me (like he did 5 years ago) he probably won't make it to another game. He loves Doug's tailgate and the people but the walk to the stadium is a bit much. Or rather the walk back. He asked about the usual suspects and is glad to hear we're all in one piece. He ended the call saying, well maybe, depending on how he feels, he and Nick might make it to one more game this season. If he does, since his first game was in 1939, he has been attending UM games for 83 years.

God bless and watch over Doctor Richard Hodgman, one of the finest and most honorable gentlemen walking this earth.
        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
          Here's a shot from a random 2007 tailgate. We have the long lost Jamie Hall in the center. Who's standing next to Tom? I can't think of his name for the life of me.

2007.jpg
          That’s my brother in law, Mike- not to be confused with our esteemed poster “Mike” aka “off tackle”.

Comment

• ESPN's updated FPI is out. Michigan comes in ranked at #6 in that ranking system with an only 8.3% chance of repeating as B10 Champions. The most striking aspect of the FPI, as is usually the case, is the huge margins between the top 3 and the rest of the contenders. You can pretty much assure, baring weird shit, like injuries or that inexplicable loss, Alabama, osu and Clemson will be sitting in the the first three berths of the CFP. Very little drama - for now. #4 is up for grabs among probably a dozen other wanna-bees.

A 2-League (SEC & B10) CFB organization, divorced from the NCAA and contaning16-24 teams each can't come soon enough.

View the 2023 College Football power index on ESPN. The FPI is the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Second sources are always good when it comes to CFB team rankings. The bookmakers (win totals predictions) pretty much parallel the FPI among CFB teams that you'd consider contenders. That means M at 9.5 wins isn't going to get by osu at 10.5 in the B10 East. The west, according to the books see a bunch of teams capable of taking the division title with 7.5 wins. There just isn't the talent level on those teams in the west to compete for a conference title so, whatever. The B10 East champ is going to the CFP.

UGA (10.5) isn't going to get by Alabama (11.5) either. So, once again you can see the top two berths in the CFP being predictably claimed by the always-ran, Alabama and UGA with the B10 champ (osu) claiming the 3rd spot (USC or Utah in the P12 ain't getting there with a conference championship and 10 wins). ND, Clemson, UTx and OU could be battling over the 4th CFP spot.

2024 College Football Win Total Odds for regular season over/under win totals at VegasInsider along with more NCAAF Betting Resources.

Comment

• I would put our chances of repeating at about the same percentage as beating OSU again -- 10-ish percent.

Comment

• I expect OSU vs UM to be the de facto B1G Championship game again this year. Anything more than 1 loss on the season for M going into that game should be considered abject failure.

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think its going to be a 10-2 regular season. They always lose one that they shouldn't, and osu will get things back on track in Columbus. I think the other game they lose will be at Kinnick. They shouldn't lose it, but they likely will. Its tradition.

The way recruiting is going, its looking like another downturn in 2023 and beyond. They're 30-something nationally and about 8th in the Big Ten.

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I think its going to be a 10-2 regular season. They always lose one that they shouldn't, and osu will get things back on track in Columbus. I think the other game they lose will be at Kinnick. They shouldn't lose it, but they likely will. Its tradition.

The way recruiting is going, its looking like another downturn in 2023 and beyond. They're 30-something nationally and about 8th in the Big Ten.
                          They were like 53rd a week ago. Just have to hit on the ones we are chasing and the ranking will shoot up there
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• We've got to be the only program in the country that can have their best season in 24 years and end up with a down recruiting year the following year because our program overall is still a clown show.

Comment

• As mentioned in another thread, Gary Moeller has died. He died Monday morning and was 81 years old.

He was one of the good guys of Michigan football. A coach who was better than he's given credit for. A tireless recruiter, and a guy who took Bo Ball to its next level. He was responsible for getting C. Woodson and Desmond Howard in Michigan uniforms.

IMO, he didn't deserve to lose his job over the bar incident. Maybe a suspension and/or fine, but it shouldn't have cost him his job.

A public service will be held Friday, and a private family service will be held Saturday.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...1/10031987002/
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 11, 2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• RIP Coach
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X