X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaddup
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Blaha is a good announcer but as any loyal Spartan can tell you, you have to develop a sense of the play by listening to the crowd reaction. He'll call a 15 yard run like it was a 5 yard run. He fails to give the score enough in contrast to his basketball PBP.

Comment

• Blaha's only involvement with this thread is that he'll be broadcasting from the wrong perspective when the Sparties get pasted in Ann Arbor this year.

Comment

• I didn't bring him up Hoss. Plus Im not even sure he will be able to broadcast, I haven't heard if he is back.

Comment

• Gee, IF i wanted to make it personal, I would have addressed you as "froot cakes" or "cocoa puffs"- because that's either nutty of cuckoo.. It's not personal, so I'll pass.

Blaha, however already has a name that fits him. He's gawdawful and only modestly less terrible than the Brandy and Deirdorf team. That's saying pretty much nothing, though.

Karsch and Jansen is definitely a few flights of stairs up.

Comment

• Karsch has play by play experience, and has done well with it. Jansen was already a sideline reporter for Beckmann and Brandstatter, and has filled in on Michigan Replay as well. Jansen will be an excellent replacement for Brandstatter. As far as Dierdorf, I hate to see him go. He loves Michigan and he wears his feelings on his shirtsleeve, which is perfectly fine for any true fan of the game. He loves his team, and he wants the best for them. I hate to see him go, but I wish him well.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cade McNamara has been named a captain for the 2022 season. He definitely deserves it. I take it to mean he'll be the starting QB and I'm fine with that. JJ is really good and I'm sure he'll leave as a result of losing the QB competition for this season but that's just the reality of CFB going forward. Because of the Covid year in 2020, he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining. I don't expect him to use all 3 but I also don't think he's gonna bolt after this year leaving his team in a lurch.

Dance with who brung ya, I say.

Time to start getting fired up! We're gonna be good!

Comment

• It's HARBAUGH!!!!! time!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fuckin' right!

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!!!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We're gonna be good!
                        Well, that remains to be seen. From what I'm reading, and yes, Froot was right, I'm going to read and watch, just not as intently and then obsessively write about it. There are too many other good sources doing great pre and post game analysis of M football.

For me, right now, there are too many unknowns wrt the DL, LBs and the back end CBs and Ss, not as many about the OL, TEs that often play as OLmen and the offensive skill players.

I think I'm good with McNamara as the starter. He's steady but unspectacular. He doesn't try to do more than the play calls for and the defense allows. We've all seen McCarthy be both brilliant and spectacular ...... and incredibly stupid trying to make something happen when a pass play breaks down and he can't find an open receiver.

I'd actually like to see M face tougher opening opponents. ND would have been nice but I'm fine with ryan day and his fighting bucknuts having to deal with the Domers. It won't be a good sign if M doesn't roll CSU and HI. There's no reason at all for the '22 offense to not put up a shit ton of points in the first 2.5 quarters then coast in the mid to late second half playing other players that have been demonstrably good enough (in camp and practice) to be competing for starting jobs and/or a lot of playing time. How this plays out will be key because it has the potential to be reflective of both the innate skill levels and player development of the '21 and '22 recruiting classes and what that implies for M football going forward with JH.

I'll be at both of those games
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          HARBAUGH!!!!!!
                          Needs to be bigger.

Comment

• ....... and repeated, line-by-line so that it fills up entire pages ...... at least 5.

Wait, I already tire of calling up the M football home page at the Detroit Lions Forum to find all the interesting threads, usually five or six of them, having the last post by The Wizard. Upon clicking on that entry, expecting to find something intelligent adding to the thread, find only "enlightening" variations of STFU.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• M Football 2022 from my view:

OL: Could be the strength of the team. Yes, they lost 3 starters, but the guys replacing them had enough playing time in '21 to qualify for letters. So, they're not brand new to playing. All are big, solid and quick. The OL was the strength of the '21 team, and it will be this year as well.

RB's: A decent 1-2 punch of Donovan and Corum. Donovan should fill Haskins' shoes nicely, and Corum is the speed in space. RB will not be a problem.

QB - Again, a solid 1-2 punch of McNamara, whose history is solid. He doesn't make bad decisions or a lot of bad throws. McCarthy is still the future, and M will not lose a step if he's forced to take over. He can move with the ball, and be a running threat as well. QB is not a problem.

WR: One of the most solid WR rooms in the conference, especially with Bell returning. They are so solid, that Sainristill has moved to DB. WR will not be a problem.

TE: Erick All is one of the best TE's in the conference, if not the best.

---

DL: Will draw the most attention due to the losses of Hutch and Ojabo. But the guys coming in are solid, with game experience. They may not approach 2021 numbers, but they won't get pushed around a lot like in previous years.

LB: Is the major point of concern for me.

CB/S: Some new blood, but some hidden gems as well. Game 5 at Kinnick will tell the tale on these guys.

--

Coaching: Still a bit unsettled with more new people taking over from successful guys last year. And Harbaugh's flirtation with the NFL was a distraction, so it remains to be seen if he can get his coaching house in order and get the guys ready to challenge OSU for the East title.

Prediction: As stated before, I don't see how they can win in Columbus unless OSU has a horrible day. M will give a solid performance, and OSU will likely have to work up a real sweat to win, but there's too much talent there to overcome, in a wildly hostile environment, and the intangible of 'revenge' for last year.

So, I see a ceiling of 11-1, but most likely 10-2. At least one of Iowa, MSU or Penn State will trip them up, along with OSU. Maybe a NYD 6 bowl, depending on how good the loser in Indy is.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X