Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good enough to dominate the B10 and whatever passes for M's OoC schedule.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      We’ll still be good this fall, right?
      I think UM v OSU will determine the BTE participant in Indy .. again.

Penn State still can't beat OSU, but they will have a good chance to beat Michigan in HV.

Other than those three, I don't see anyone else as a serious threat in the BTE.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        We’ll still be good this fall, right?
        Good enough to be a favorite in every game except maybe OSU. Penn State in HV and OSU and home will be our toughest games. I'm not sure about MSU but for some reason, home field hasn't meant much in that series since Harbaugh took over.

I'll be really disappointed if our offense is not a juggernaut. Or at least a "dominate everyone who isn't good enough to make the CFP" type juggernaut. They should be elite. "Should "is a very important word there.

There is a lot of reason to be optimistic. By far, the thing that makes me the least optimistic is the simple fact that my optimism has always been brutally penalized. And it's going to take me a long time to get over that.
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 26, 2023, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Michigan's OOC schedule isn't a killer by any means, but East Carolina has been a decent football program for several years now. I'm not claiming a potential upset, but at the same time M will need to come into that game ready to play. The rallying cry for ECU will be 'shock the world' or some other such nonsense, and many of them will believe it. So, be prepared. Remember TCU.

The two game road stretch with Nebraska and Minnesota could get interesting. If the Huskerz get some early season momentum, they could be a problem in Lincoln. Minnesota will want The Jug back, and PJ Fleck will have his 'gimmick du jour" going on to get his team ready. He's never beat Michigan, but there will be upset potential there.

I doubt that Indiana will be much of a threat, considering that their best QB will be on Michigan's sideline.

MSU is MSU. They gonna be "sparty" just like always. Full of piss and vinegar. Thinking they are better than they really are. TUCK!!!!!!! will have his best scowls going on, trying to rally the troops and the fans. If he doesn't produce a winning team this year, there's going to be a lot of folks griping about the 95M they're paying him. I like M in this game because of the overall balance of the offense. It will probably be a closer score than it should be, but M should win.

Purdue comes to town after that, and they are always going to be the 'spoilermakers', but this will be in A2, and they haven't fared well in the Big House.

Then begins the PSU, Maryland and OSU stretch. PSU will be a white-out night game, and weather could be an issue in November. The biggest problem PSU has sits in their HC office, and feeding his ego holds that team back a lot. Maryland at College Park has the potential to be a "gotcha" game, and Tua 2.0 will be back at the QB spot.

In the end, I still think that M v OSU in Ann Arbor will determine the East participant in Indy. Again. These are the best two teams in the division. The winner likely wins the B1G Title and goes into the playoffs. Loser heads to Pasadena or a NYD 6. (or whatever it is on NYD)

Comment

• Minnesota is our bitch. There is no reason to ever worry about that game. That's not to say that we'll never lose to them. Even Bo's 1986 Rose Bowl team lost to the Gooophers. So it's not a 100% guaranteed win. But it's pretty close.

Comment

• Over the last five years, East Carolina is 35-33. Michigan will vaporize them.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Guys, it was a rhetorical question. Settle down. We have two tough games, 11-1 is the worst case scenario just like last year. I think we'll be 13-0 again.

Comment

• 13-0 is possible, but since we have only done it once in our program history and I have been kicked in the balls more times than I can remember when it comes to Michigan football, I won't make that prediction.

Comment

• The Big Ten better have a mercy rule because Michigan is going to hang 100 on Sparty.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      The Big Ten better have a mercy rule because Michigan is going to hang 100 on Sparty.
                      There's still bound to be more bad blood than normal for that game. I hope the adults on both sides will take charge, and do everything possible to stop all the extracurricular crap.

MSU .. you're on the clock. Lets see if you can keep your own house in order. I'm not confident.

Comment

• I'll be there to bathe in the glory.

Comment

• Such anger for Sparty. Tsk tsk.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Perhaps no program in the country more richly deserves merciless beatdowns than them.

Comment

• Yea and it's not even close!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                Such anger for Sparty. Tsk tsk.
                                Its deserved and well-earned.

And they like it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X