X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Jeff,

It’s a voluntary membership with an assortment of policies. Michigan, and the rest of us, signed off on giving the NCAA administrative authority to become a member institution of the association. Collectively, our presidents give them their power.

Their standard line has always been, “If you don’t like It, withdraw from the Association.”

Real change can only occur through a collective effort.
    Right. On a quick internet search I found pretty much what you advise in your post above. That's why I speculated the easier pathway to contest this is to tell the NCAA, we need proof Jim lied and in fact new beforehand that buying this committed recruit hamburger was a rules violation.

At face, it's not enough to assume he did after the smart ass from the investigation team showed him the receipt and asked, "does this jog your memory?" Jim continued to assert, he didn't recall. He may recall very clearly that he paid the tab but he is under no obligation to incriminate himself. That's a standard, used all the time, get out of jail for free card to play.

As I posted above, a witness has to provide testimony to support the NCAA's allegation. I seriously doubt there is one and even if there is, that person is under no obligation to volunteer that information. NCAA investigators can, and probably will, interrogate a bunch of people, but any investigation isn't in a court setting where a witness who has knowledge of JH paying the tab and could testify that Harbaugh admitted to him he did know that he paid for it in violation of NCAA rules could give such testimony for fear of perjuring himself.

Even as I write this, what the NCAA is doing is just so stupid, it defies reason.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff,

The NCAA has a history of allowing secret witnesses without allowing the accused a chance to challenge the validity of the testimony or ask follow up questions. It really is a kangaroo court with little to no due process or a mandate to follow any kind of rulings precedent.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, isn't that just fine ....... interestingly, I also read that the NCAA is not a public institution that would fall under the right to due process previsions in the US Constitution. So, I suppose in the case of a challenge wrt failing to adhere to due process, e.g., hear your accusers testimony, that's not required.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, the NCAA Committee on Infractions will quickly tell you that they are not a court of law and don’t have comply with any standards adhered to in American jurisprudence.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We appealed the severity of the Albert Means sanctions. The law firm that represented us (Cunningham Bounds) had a 21-page rebuttal to the charges and punishments. When we met with the NCAA and our appeal was denied it was noted that the NCAA hadn’t even broken the seal on the rebuttal documents. They just denied the appeal and dismissed us. When our attorneys cried foul, we were reminded that it wasn’t a court of law and if we continued to get uppity, they could give us the death penalty.

Interestingly enough, it was found out years later that the NCAA’s secret witness against us was Phil Fulmer (talk about secondary gain and ulterior motives with secretly testifying against us) and that how Fulmer found out about it was that his assistant coach (Pat Washington, iirc) had offered money for Albert Means but an Alabama booster (Logan Young) had outbid him.

Comment

• In short, I hate the NCAA more than Kirby. I cannot word my hatred more strongly.

Comment

• Its really beginning to sound like U-M is digging in their heels on this one.

And U-M Legal knows they can tie this thing up in court for years. Shoot, truth be known, a good number of the lawyers representing the NCAA probably got their law degrees at U-M. They know what's coming.

Jeff said he was popping some popcorn to watch this. Good idea. Make mine carmel corn.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I hope this gets good. I hope Michigan fights this out until the bitter end. Take it to every court that applies.

The NCAA needs to have their bullying called out. Enough already.

I'll never forgive them for what they did ot Jamal Crawford.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If every school digs in their heels and fights everything the NCAA ever does, then no enforcement is possible.

It's most likely Harbaugh actually did lie about something he didn't need to lie about. Most of these arguments are "enforcement for thee, but not for me."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        If every school digs in their heels and fights everything the NCAA ever does, then no enforcement is possible.
                        Sounds like an excellent plan. The sooner the NCAA's house of cards collapses, the better. They should at least have nothing to do with football, a sport in which they don't run the championship tournament.

Comment

• As far as football is concerned the NCAA is a meaningless entity.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. They need to know their place, run their basketball tourney, and otherwise STFU.

Comment

• Hopefully the NCAA brings the Harbaugh criminal enterprise to heel. It's becoming bad for the sport.

Comment

• Hidden camera footage from Harbaugh's office during a discussion with NCAA investigators:

Comment

Working...
                                X