X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaker.

Comment

• Heh. Whomever the coach is, I just don't like the mentality that we're a football school and we'll tolerate a grossly underachieving basketball program as long as it doesn't get in hot water with the NCAA or the law. We can play by Michigan's own standards and still enjoy some success.

Comment

• As we have the last 6-7 years. I still want to see it maintained and not just having us get to the Final Four once in a blue moon. Once every 5 years might be asking too much but, ideally, that's what I'd like to see. I know spartie does that but they also never seem to win. Hell, if Kenyon Martin doesn't break his leg, Izzo probably doesn't even get one.

Comment

• A secondary reason that would have made a natty in 2013 so great is it would have given Beilein the same number as Izzo, Petino, and Boeheim. That would have made such great fodder. Such a bummer.

Comment

• SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Pitino is one hell of a coach though. That game was men against boys in the coaching department, even though Louisville got some serious help from the refs.

Comment

• We were physically overmatched in that one once McGary got into foul trouble.

Comment

• Spike rescued us in the first half, but, in the end, Pitino pounced as soon as Burke picked up his first foul. Louisville baited the refs so masterfully it seemed criminal that Beilein doesn't take advantage of that type of strategy. The foul call on The Block was insane, but it was laying off Dieng picking up his fourth early in the second half that was even worse. The refs were unwilling to put their players in foul trouble. Failed to give Hancock his fourth too, IIRC.

Come to think of it, very strong parallels to this year's finals. Curry had a target on his back from the second he picked up early fouls in Games 6 and 7, just like Burke did in that game. Shame on the refs, but shame on guys like Kerr and Beilein for not making the refs a part of the gameplan. They are clearly available to be used, and therefore should be.

Comment

• Pitino took advantage of the way the game was callled that year. He had quick, long players that clutched and grabbed on the perimiter. It threw teams off of their game.

It was the same philosophy that Shaka Smart used to be so successful at VCU. Smart used it to get a big payday at Texas and is not as successful as he was since they changed(enforced) the rules . Pitino is a better coach and has adapted better, IMO
                  Last edited by CGVT; August 15, 2016, 09:15 PM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I thought that was our year. We had a nice team and they were rolling.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Luke f'n Hancock, f'n refs, Trey with a game saving block called a f'n foul.

Comment

• Kris Wilkes named his Final 5 and Michigan didn't make the cut.

Comment

• ESPN updated their 2017 rankings. Poole is #58 and Livers is #76. Cap it off with either Jackson or Bowen and that would be very strong.

Comment

• Won't get either. They'll either bank it or it'll go to a late bloomer type, imo.

Comment

• This seems to have come out of nowhere. Michigan hosted Mohammed Bamba on an official visit today. He's a center and rated the 247composite #3 for 2017 . I don't know if he did it just to meet Jordan or not. He is also considering Harvard so maybe his interest is genuine.

According to a report by Sam Webb, Michigan will host five-star center Mohamed Bamba for an official visit this weekend.

Comment

• He looks a lot like Nerlens Noel. Tall, thin and athletic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-LvifnwhA"]Is Mohamed Bamba the best player in the country? EYBL Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X