Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin has had a better offense once out of the last 6 years.

Comment

• But a much better defense in all but one?

Comment

• Probably all

Comment

• What metric are you using? I'm using none, of course. If you want to call the offenses basically equal I could go for that. Pretty sure even in 14 they were by-the-numbers better. Or at least were at one point during the season.

Comment

• Kenpom offensive rating. Wiscy was better in '15, M better this year, last year, '14, '13, '12 and '11. M had one of best offenses in kenpom era in '14 iirc.

Comment

• Is that pay content? I suspect so, because now that you mention it I recall that the '14 team had the highest-ever rating. Like I said, when it works, holy fucking shit does it ever work. Beilein broke the laws of basketball that year.

But the AdjO category has Duke and Creighton above Michigan in '14, and Wisconsin above us in '11 and '16 as well as 15 -- half the years you mentioned. Must be a paywalled category you are talking about? Anyhow, even if so and it's not AdjO you're talking about, I'd just wanted to make the point that you can have a pretty damn good offense without ignoring defense. Their program blows ours out of the water with its ability to recruit generally on the level we do and play both ways and get wins. Only year Michigan's was higher in final kenpom was '13. Chrissakes they haven't missed the tournament since 1998. I know Michigan put its basketball program in hibernation mode for a decade, but still.

Comment

• Wisconsin basketball is really impressive, all but a dozen programs should aspire to be like the Badgers. M would be above that level if JB cared a fraction as much about defense and rebounding as he does 3-pt shooting.

Comment

• Yeah, basically. There's no reason, given geography, national reach and visibility, that Michigan can't exceed that baseline level.
                  Last edited by hack; January 29, 2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Wow, Michigan looking a lot better today as Oregon leads Kansas by 15!

Comment

• We needed just one bucket in the last two minutes to beat them, Kansas doesn't look so good against a team nearly as athletic as them.

Comment

• These guys are fucking good. Great wings, very disruptive defense. They get their hands on a lot of balls. Looks like they needed some time to find their footing with Bell in the lineup and now they have fuond it. Michigan two days ago would have no chance against this version of Oregon. Regular Michigan would have beaten two-days-ago Oregon. Both teams playing well? Would be fun as a neutral observer, that's for sure.

Comment

• Bell has always been in their lineup. And he's always been the best defender in the PAC 12

Comment

• Right. He was getting minutes, just not at this clip. I only saw Oregon once otherwise this year, and don't recall being dialled in enough to notice Boucher.

Comment

• Looks like it may be another month before Bamba decides.

However, right now, Jordan Poole is playing on ESPN.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip, JD. Caught my first glimpse of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X