Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wound up with 13 points and made a big 3 to beat the buzzer at the end of the 3rd quarter, followed by a 3 to open the 4th. His squad (also featuring spartie commit Jaren Jackson Jr. and spartie target Brian Bowen) won the championship game.

I watched him a little yesterday as well. He seems pretty poised, money from the line and has a decent handle. He'll get some playing time at SG for sure but could maybe also play some back-up PG if things don't go well with Brooks as the back-up option.
    Last edited by *JD*; April 1, 2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      Looks like it may be another month before Bamba decides.

However, right now, Jordan Poole is playing on ESPN.
      If Michigan gets Mo Bamba to go with Mo and DJ that could be a frightening 4/5 rotation. I am not sure that Michigan during the JB era has ever had that kind of quality depth there.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Jordan Poole and Charles Matthews will give M some guys who can really penetrate, break down defenses and get to the hoop for easy baskets. Along with Xavier Simpson at PG and hopefully two NBA talents in the front-court returning, it'll be a very different JB team than we've seen at M.

Comment

• Beilein says he wants more slashers. I hope Matthew can. Poole I thought was just a shooter. Hopefully a less-sieve-like Duncan Robinson.

Comment

• Mo Bamba looked really good in the McDonalds game. He blocked or altered probably 10 shots. Plays great defense.

The best news was that Bamba considers himself a stretch-four. He took 2 three pointers, air-balling the first, and glazing the rim with the second. This young man would be foolish to be one-and-done. He would be a perfect player for Beilein's system if he would accept a two or three year trajectory.

Comment

• It dos seem like Michigan is a longshot, but Beilein's player development would hopefully be a compelling argument.

Comment

• Jordan Poole is MAAR with better handles. Poole's handle is good enough to play some point down the line.

Matthews can penetrate and get to the bucket, that's the majority of his offensive game... The 'wings' might be good enough ball handlers to take a sizable load off Xavier Simpson and we don't need Simpson to be Trey Burke to be contenders in the B1G in '17-'18...

Isaiah Livers hopefully isn't needed next season, he's got a ways to go defensively but he's the idea '4' that JB covets who has a very good shot out to 3-pt range.

Comment

• Unless I'm confused, the talk on Poole and the scouting reports are all shooter; not much off the dribble.

Comment

• Jordan Poole essentially ran the point for his HS team, not sure who you're sourcing your scouting reports from but they couldn't be more incorrect. These are not the highlights I saw last time as these are So/Jr year I believe and last highlights I saw had a lot of his senior season.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcA3fVIgnrU"]6'3 Jordan Poole Has Ultra SMOOTH Game!! Official Sophomore Season Midwest Ballers Mixtape - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwXlgg8qpRc"]Michigan Commit Jordan Poole makes it look EASY! Poised for B1G Senior Season! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Here's the free bit of ESPN's http://insider.espn.com/college-spor...7/jordan-poole: Poole is a rangy 2-guard prospect that can knock in jump shots out to 23-feet. He has a smooth effortless release and he understands how to square himself up for the shot. His shot is deadly off the catch and he oozes confidence. His ball skills are coming around...

It could be that now that he has transferred to a major HS basketball factory and is playing with a few higher-rated kids, he's taken a back seat and become a shooter. When his team was on ESPN a month back or so, the ball wasn't in his hands. Most of what I hear, from Brian/Ace, Sam Webb, etc., is that we should expect a shooter.

Comment

• Only if he were evaluated as a PG would I have slight concerns about his ball handling/skills. His senior year he transferred and plays with Brian Bowen (5-star, uncommitted '17) so he doesn't have the ball as often as they share running the offense.

Comment

• A guy named Tyger was running the point in the 2 games I just watched but Poole was the secondary ball-handler when he was on the court.

Comment

• While he wasn't "the man" on La Lumiere, Poole did seem to be the guy everyone else rallied around when they huddled up. I found that encouraging.

Comment

• Right - that little kid with big hair. I tuned in to that game in Feb too late to see him. He wasn't their best player, but that's a serious school, so no shame in that.

Comment

• We're obviously still waiting on Bomba to decide in the next couple weeks.

M still recruiting Toronto PG Shakwon Barrett, 6-4. Also in the mix for 2 grad transfers as well, Cam Johnson from Pitt(2 years left) and Mark Alstork from Wright St. who played for Donlon. I've seen Johnson a bunch but never Alstork. Video of Alstork is really good, averaged 19ppg 5 boards 4 assists.

In order of preference, I'd go Bomba, Barrett, Johnson, Alstork. Good news is, we should be able to get 1 of the 4 and all would help immensely next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X