This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Lotta people think we less for both Nance and Hunter. Both top 50 types that would compliment DeJulius perfectly. Hopefully we can lock both down by end of the summer.
    I'm guessing less = Lead.

BTW- Bamba's a longhorn.

Comment

• I guess the biggest prized recruit for 2018 that we are pursuing is PF Simi Shittu. He's ranked #7 in the 247 composite.
      Michigan has been following him since he was in 8th grade. He hasn't been on campus yet so no official offer but there's obvious interest.

Comment

• Here's a write-up on Nance, who is now #35 in 247's composite:

Richfield (Ohio) Revere 2018 basketball prospect Pete Nance seems to have narrowed his college choices to three. Who's in the running for this versatile player?

Comment

• Michigan will likely have at least 4 more scholarships available for 2018, If Wagner goes to the NBA. They could even have more with attrition and/or Matthews having a great season. Hopefully, they can load up in recruiting for the first time in a few years.

Comment

• Swider has been on my wish list for '18, just recently landed an offer from Duke. His rankings are going to skyrocket. Now with Duke involved, I suspect everyone is going to give him another look. If I had to make a really quick recruiting board:

PG: David Dejulius (committed)
            SG: Robby Carmody
            SF: Gabe Brown, Jerome Hunter, Kevin Easley
            PF: Cole Swider, Pete Nance
            C: Brandon Johns

Depending on M's confidence level with Carmody (coin flip with ND last I heard), they might want to look at others that can play shooting guard.

Comment

• Brazdeikis and Damezi Anderson 100% need to be on that list. Now that Iggy won't reclassify he's probably #1 on the '18 board. It's still expanding too.

Comment

• Braz and Anderson have offers so they should be on that list for sure. Shittu should probably be there as well.
                Last edited by *JD*; June 8, 2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• 6'2" PG Noah Locke (#130 247 Composite) has scheduled a visit to Michigan, according to umhoops. His best offers seem to be from Maryland, Florida and Clemson.

Comment

• Pete Nance will make his official visit to A2 on July 1st.

Comment

• Hopefully, tosu's coaching upheaval has hurt them in the race to land Nance. It doesn't look like Butler really recruited him.

Comment

• M vs NW for nance. He'll be at the team camp the week before his official as well.

Comment

• That would be a big get and an added bonus to get back in the mix for Sons of NBA Players. We've done well with Jalen, TIMMAY and GR III. Decent with Jon Horford too. :-)

Comment

• Michigan gets their first 2019 commit. 6'8" PF Taylor Currie. He's #149 on 247's composite with his highest ranking being #91 with Scout.

They also offered PG Mark Watts Jr., (#152 comp) from Detroit. He also has offers from spartie, Iowa, Wisky, Georgia Tech and a couple of other schools.

Today was Michigan's first day that they offer juniors.

Comment

• Currie's not exactly a thumper at this point but does have a nice touch and a year and a half to grow.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG5kPi1FgIU"]Taylor Currie Scouting Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• More highlights. He's definitely a below-the-rim guy at this point. Sort of reminds me of Smotrycz. Good moves and a nice touch for the level he's at but he's going to need to get a lot stronger and more aggressive to have success in Ann Arbor.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNsu_v0gKE"]Taylor Currie Clarkston Basketball 2017 Season - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X