This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Another offer has been extended by Juwan, this time to a 2020 kid. Center Hunter Dickinson. He's the #27 247c player and is very tall. Ranging from 6'11" to 7'2". From the video I've seen, he looks a little stiff, like Teske, but still effective (like Teske). Definitely would benefit from Camp Sanderson. Notre Dame appears to be the leader right now but UNC just offered him as well, so he must be impressing in AAU.

Hunter Dickinson is a 7-2, 255-pound Center (BK) from Hyattsville, MD.

Comment

• Pretty ambitious recruiting strategy. Let's see if it pays off.

Comment

• This just popped up at mgoboard .......

Apparently and from his Instagram account Franz Wagner has committed to Michigan:

"For all the time and energy the coaches have invested in me over the years. For the confidence and opportunity you gave me to prove and develop me in the first team. I'm incredibly proud to say that this club will be a part of me forever ... With that being said, I am extremely excited to announce that I have committed to the University of Michigan. ?? Ann Arbor, I can not wait."
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yep. That may keep our Sweet 16-streak alive. Big get by Juwan & co.

Comment

• Really good talent at a position of need.

Comment

• And now, that also puts to rest any idea that Howard will be sanctioned by the NCAA for talking about Wagner without having his signed LOI. It turns out Howard did indeed have the signed LOI when he made his radio comments last week. Some pundits were breathlessly anticipating the NCAA to sanction Howard and Michigan with a Level 3 violation for speaking about a recruit without having him signed yet. Turns out, the joke is on them.

Howard has earned an "A" for effort. He's not getting the dream team that teams like Duke and UK are getting, but he's getting in on the action. Some of those are going to eventually fall his way.

Now, he just has to prove he can coach them.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 1. Xavier Simpson/ Eli Brooks
                  2. Franz Wagner/ David DeJulius
                  3. Isaiah Livers/ Cole Bajema
                  4. Brandon Johns
                  5. Jon Teske/ Colin Castleton

-

Looks way better than it did yesterday as I see Wagner as an instant impact type and this roster appears to be competitive in the B1G. Livers will play plenty of 4 with Wagner/Bajema/DDJ earning a lot of wing minutes.

Comment

• I think the Wagner signing makes the loss of Iggy a bit easier to take. But I still wish Iggy would have stayed. Even just one more year.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      And now, that also puts to rest any idea that Howard will be sanctioned by the NCAA for talking about Wagner without having his signed LOI. It turns out Howard did indeed have the signed LOI when he made his radio comments last week. Some pundits were breathlessly anticipating the NCAA to sanction Howard and Michigan with a Level 3 violation for speaking about a recruit without having him signed yet. Turns out, the joke is on them.

Howard has earned an "A" for effort. He's not getting the dream team that teams like Duke and UK are getting, but he's getting in on the action. Some of those are going to eventually fall his way.

Now, he just has to prove he can coach them.
                      Howard wasn't going to make that happen for 2019. Pretty much all of the top-50 were already signed or going overseas (hello, Arizona!) so this is about as close to a best case scenario as he was going to get, other than flipping Jalen Wilson back to M.

Juwan & his assistants are starting a bit behind with 2020 too, but there's still a chance to make up some ground there and have a nice class.

As for 2021, he's aiming for those same top players that Duke and UK are going for. There's probably going to need to be some winning on the court before any of those guys commit and adding Wagner will likely help get a few more W's.

The biggest thing here is that Franz is not only talented but brings a skillset the team badly needed. If we land another highly-rated 2020-er (we already have Zeb) before the season starts, I'd have to give Juwan an A for early-results.

Comment

• Jaden Springer, the #11c player for 2020 has Michigan in his final 5. I'm not even sure he was listed before:
                        Five-star guard Jaden Springer announced a top five list today. Springer’s list includes Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, Memphis and North Carolina. 2020 five-star Jaden Springer is down to 5 schools. @jadenspringer11 pic.twitter.com/yZOC49X5fZ — TIPTON EDITS 🏀 (@TiptonEdits) July 8, 2019 Michigan didn’t crack Springer’s list when he announced a top 11 in May. Juwan Howard’s hire […]

Comment

• Jabri Abdur-Rahim is announcing tomorrow. It sounds like UVA is his destination. He never made an OV here.

Comment

• 247 sports becomes the first to rank Franz. They have him at #42. ESPN and Scout still haven't ranked him so his composite is 110.

Comment

• BTW- They have Jalen Wilson at #45.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                Jabri Abdur-Rahim is announcing tomorrow. It sounds like UVA is his destination. He never made an OV here.
                                Sure enough, he's going to UVA.

Comment

Working...
                                X